Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure why so many are heated up about Bennett- He was very solid in 13 and 14... but Miller filled in admirably last year.

Sure, the Bears let go of a guy that might have a bit of life left in him... but they also may have gotten rid of a guy at a great time- 13 and 14 may have been the absolute pinnacle of his career. It isnt like he is going to bump Gronk for snaps.

Miller isnt a step down based on last year. Dude earned a shot, and he is young.

Mongo- I am actually bewildered as to why you are taking the stance that you are here... unless you are trolling of course- You have long advocated getting rid of cutler.
This is a similar situation. It is a guy that can be servicable, but the ship has sailed on him being great.
He made the pro bowl as an alternate once.
beyond that, he he has a couple of warts in his character, he is aging, and the bears wound up getting something out of it PLUS making room for a younger player with potential.

It just seems like a double standard- You would have been overjoyed to dump Jay and eat a crap ton of money while getting nothing for it- yet Bennet, a kind of similar situation, you are up in arms about not getting enough.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's like people ignore and forget the component to this being Bennett unhappy with his contract status even 2 years away from the deal, to have that continue onward ongoing would also be a factor.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does anyone else not remember how he helped his brother use the bears to get a better deal out of Seattle?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure why so many are heated up about Bennett- He was very solid in 13 and 14... but Miller filled in admirably last year.

Sure, the Bears let go of a guy that might have a bit of life left in him... but they also may have gotten rid of a guy at a great time- 13 and 14 may have been the absolute pinnacle of his career. It isnt like he is going to bump Gronk for snaps.

Miller isnt a step down based on last year. Dude earned a shot, and he is young.

Mongo- I am actually bewildered as to why you are taking the stance that you are here... unless you are trolling of course- You have long advocated getting rid of cutler.
This is a similar situation. It is a guy that can be servicable, but the ship has sailed on him being great.
beyond that, he he has a couple of warts in his character, he is aging, and the bears wound up getting something out of it PLUS making room for a younger player with potential.

It just seems like a double standard- You would have been overjoyed to dump Jay and eat a crap ton of money while getting nothing for it- yet Bennet, a kind of similar situation, you are up in arms about not getting enough.

Zach miller is 31 lol, 3 years older than bennett

-- tapatalkin'!

Last edited:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Well, in this thread it is sort of distilled in to 190 proof stupid.

The real issue is we're dealing with some low-information posters. One didn't understand the facts surrounding Brandon Marshall's departure from Chicago, and the other mistakenly thought the Bears had 40% more cap space then they actually do. Of course both moves would look a little odd when you lack crucial context into why they were made.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
You named 8 pro-bowlers incl 2 (possibly 3) HOF'ers....

Let me ask you this, let's say that White, (like many many other players who sat out their entire rookie season) doesn't pan out. What weapons do we really have now?

We have Alshon who is, so far, playing on a franchise tag, Langford, who had the highest drop percentage on the team, and.... ?

Miller? A guy who looked good in a few games but is often injured.

Royal? Injured often and was mediocre at best when he was in his prime.

No really.what weapons do we have surrounding a QB who needs weapons?

And lets not forget Pace tried to trade our QB last year.

And our OC just left in in his place is a midget who has never called a play in his life.

I have no issues with what has happened on D. In fact, extremely happy so far.

But we are now, seemingly, making all kinds of mistakes/bad decisions / bad trades on O.

You have to support both sides of the damn ball.

How is it, even you purely offensive minded fans, don't see what's happening?

Answer: this is a rebuild. Embrace it. None of those players I mentioned will be in Pro-Bowl or HOF form as a Bear in 2016, therefor I give no shits about what they're doing, where they are playing, dooooooooon't caaaaaaaaaare.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
how long before racerx brings up his job or rich neighbors?

Hey, back from the dead, Joffrey/Mr. 30,000/Momma-lover/Dear Diary.

Your jealousy is intoxicating, please continue.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
:yep:Cleaning out port o potties in Bakersfield is his forte

Hey, shit-for-brains, who asked your full-Special person ass? Remember the last CCS poll? That's right, you were voted dumbest MFer among the throngs of stupid here. That's you, never forget.

I was reconnecting with the jealous momma-lover and awaiting his/her whimsical retorts, butt out.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey, back from the dead, Joffrey/Mr. 30,000/Momma-lover/Dear Diary.

Your jealousy is intoxicating, please continue.

I'll just wait until you recite your resume again

-- tapatalkin'!

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thread locked in 3....2.....

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good work all! At least traffic is thriving...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey, shit-for-brains, who asked your full-Special person ass? Remember the last CCS poll? That's right, you were voted dumbest MFer among the throngs of stupid here. That's you, never forget.

I was reconnecting with the jealous momma-lover and awaiting his/her whimsical retorts, butt out.

I do wish i could brag about my rich neighbors on the internet

-- tapatalkin'!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

He caught 34 receptions last year. That was his best season ever.

He has shown he can't make it through a full season healthy yet.

I like him on the roster. I don't like him as our only skilled player at the position.

I'd assume they're going to try and go back to a 2-TE set similar to 2011 when Gronk caught 1300 yards and the TE playing opposite him caught 900... Benett has not "topped out". Just like Marshall hadn't topped out when we traded him.

But even still, none of that was my point. My point is: We didn't get the right value for this player on this trade.

He's 2 years older than Bennett. Bennett just turned 29 a week ago.

Sure, but as I have said 100x, I'm an advocate of winning. Taking Cutlers weapons away doesn't help himor the team win.

Disagree on all of the above.

The only trade I was an advocate on so far with Cutler was to Tennessee for their first round pick. Don't put words in my mouth. If we trade Cutler, we had better get every single $ / draft pick value we can for him.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yay for Cutler threads!!! I can't wait for the season to start and we get two or three of Mongo's Cutler threads a week again. Good times. The ones about pizza places making their dough with cornmeal are the best though...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Answer: this is a rebuild. Embrace it. None of those players I mentioned will be in Pro-Bowl or HOF form as a Bear in 2016, therefor I give no shits about what they're doing, where they are playing, dooooooooon't caaaaaaaaaare.

Cool. We're rebuilding. Let's say I agree with that.

If we're rebuildnig, wouldn't getting the most out of our rostered talent in trades be a smart move?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yay for Cutler threads!!! I can't wait for the season to start and we get two or three of Mongo's Cutler threads a week again. Good times. The ones about pizza places making their dough with cornmeal are the best though...

How about the all 22 breakdowns!? Those are my fav.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Given his weapons now consist of a 31 year old journey man TE, and RB with the dropsies, a receiver on franchise, and a 2nd year receiver who has never played a snap in the NFL to throw to, I think we're going to see a lot ofCutler threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.