CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The whole GM not being judged by record is big yikes. He gets a two year grace due to what he inherited but this team, with the D in 2018 and 2019 has underperformed.

Nagy was supposed to bring offense, but he brought trash, absolutely abysmal shite. Remember Trubisky getting ready for 201 of his offense lol. Wonder if we are at 001 now.

I saw a Bears fan on Twitter ask, “why didn’t Nagy kick it on 3rd down vs Lions vs. on 4th down. If he missed it on 3rd down, he would get another chance. Nagy is an idiot.” That might be on par with not judging a GM on record after 7 years.

I spit out my MFing coffee. Good shit Chicago.
My head hurts.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If similar fate means Pace moves up the ladder, I'll believe it. They both need to be out of their current jobs next year but all I hear about is how much they love Pace and Teddy contemplating a less stressful existence.

It would be so Bears to promote a guy that was already hired for a position out of his depth.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
General managers are not judged by the teams win lose record, that is the Head coaches responsibility. Yes, that coach does provide a talent, but if the coach can’t win with the talent then it’s not squarely the GMs fault. Paces’s last 2 years have probably been top 3 NFL. We have young talent all over the roster Montgomery, Herbert, Mooney, fields, Roquan, Jaylin, Borom, and if Jenkins can play as expected then the 2 tackle positions, the QB, the RBs, and a WR all adressed in 2 years. I seriously don’t think you can name 3 GMs who have done better.

LMAO wut? This is such a silly take. The Bears have the 3rd worst record in the NFL since Pace took over, through two head coaches. But that's not on Pace? Who hired the coaches?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LMAO wut? This is such a silly take. The Bears have the 3rd worst record in the NFL since Pace took over, through two head coaches. But that's not on Pace? Who hired the coaches?
Gotta love this guy. Losses? not on Pace.

Increase in revenue? ALL RYAN PACE!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There are 13 GMs that have been around as long, or longer than Ryan Pace Only 2 of them have not won a playoff game. One is Ryan Pace. The other is whoever is the GM of the Bengals.

That's who the Bears are: the NFC Bengals.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
There are 13 GMs that have been around as long, or longer than Ryan Pace Only 2 of them have not won a playoff game. One is Ryan Pace. The other is whoever is the GM of the Bengals.

Yeah, they were talking about that on the radio yesterday. I think they said most of those GMs also have a conference championship or SB victory.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, they were talking about that on the radio yesterday. I think they said most of those GMs also have a conference championship or SB victory.
9 and 7 respectively, I believe. I linked the Dan Durkin interview with Laurence Holmes in another thread.

I just continue to be amazed at the lengths so many will go through to defend Pace.

"The roster is stacked with talent."

Then why are they under .500?

"It's the coaching."

Who hired the coaches?

My absolute favorite so far has been the defense of Pace through Leonard Floyd, despite him no longer playing for the Bears.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
9 and 7 respectively, I believe. I linked the Dan Durkin interview with Laurence Holmes in another thread.

I just continue to be amazed at the lengths so many will go through to defend Pace.

"It's the coaching."

Who hired the coaches?

My absolute favorite so far has been the defense of Pace through Leonard Floyd, despite him no longer playing for the Bears.
If this roster was stacked with talent, fans would give Pace a break. Bad roster + bad coaching + bad cap management + flushing pics down the toilet

we've had enough.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@dabears70 is the ring leader of the pace cape brigade. Some people just have the loser gene they can’t help it
Its funny too because on multiple occasions he's acquiesced to Pace being fired and has made multiple criticisms but have spread them out over multiple threads so people don't put together the pieces of even he knows Pace sucks.

Bro, Darnell Mooney is your only receiver in 2022 and you dont have all of your draft picks and have a ton of other holes. How the fuck did you get here without competing for a SB? I feel bad for Fields.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If this roster was stacked with talent, fans would give Pace a break. Bad roster + bad coaching + bad cap management + flushing pics down the toilet

we've had enough.
Duke Shelley tho.....

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

"It's the coaching."

Who hired the coaches?

Just finished listening to it. Heard a good portion of it yesterday, but I didn't get to hear the whole interview. Great insight.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

The Bengals GM is actually a member of the owner's family. That's their level of dysfunction and they are easily better than the Bears.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
General managers are not judged by the teams win lose record, that is the Head coaches responsibility. Yes, that coach does provide a talent, but if the coach can’t win with the talent then it’s not squarely the GMs fault. Paces’s last 2 years have probably been top 3 NFL. We have young talent all over the roster Montgomery, Herbert, Mooney, fields, Roquan, Jaylin, Borom, and if Jenkins can play as expected then the 2 tackle positions, the QB, the RBs, and a WR all adressed in 2 years. I seriously don’t think you can name 3 GMs who have done better.
I’ve read some bad posts on CCS before but holy fuck….