Maybe this ‘reset’ is what the Bears need

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Can't keep overpaying for underperformers like those guys. Have to hope Danny has enough left in the tank for 1-2 more & that a new DC who actually blitzes will help get them all back in sync.

Speaking of an albatros, Missing on the Nagy hire was as tragic as Mitch IMHO. He's a lame duck coach this year.
Expect a mid Rd. QB and no trade up in 1st. CCS will prolapse, but it's my "you called it".

and....
Nobody talking that Bears can still take another swing at Wilson/Watson this summer once those situations get worse and there's less suitors post draft. Then they've used 2021 draft to fill holes at least.

Keep Graham til then for Wilson recruiting? He put up decent enough #s last year...when Nagy actually used him correctly in the red zone that is ?‍♂️

if a trade for either of those two does not happen by the end of the first round of the 2021 draft, now way in hell it will happen at all this year.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Can't keep overpaying for underperformers like those guys. Have to hope Danny has enough left in the tank for 1-2 more & that a new DC who actually blitzes will help get them all back in sync.

Speaking of an albatros, Missing on the Nagy hire was as tragic as Mitch IMHO. He's a lame duck coach this year.
Expect a mid Rd. QB and no trade up in 1st. CCS will prolapse, but it's my "you called it".

and....
Nobody talking that Bears can still take another swing at Wilson/Watson this summer once those situations get worse and there's less suitors post draft. Then they've used 2021 draft to fill holes at least.

Keep Graham til then for Wilson recruiting? He put up decent enough #s last year...when Nagy actually used him correctly in the red zone that is ?‍♂️

They already told Dalton he’s starting.

That would seem to indicate they know they’re not getting any other veteran QBs.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Respectfully disagree. This team has talent. They will have a minimum of 7 wins. I get the anger....But this core has been together with Nagy for 3 years. 12 wins was great. But 8 wins twice in a row and people are acting like shit doesnt need to change. Or this is a group of HoFs.
have you seen next year schedule? five if we lucky

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I thought all the Bears needed was Watson or Wilson and they'll win Super Bowls? you're telling me losing key other parts of the team is rendering them a 3-5 win team?
Did you read what you posted?
Did they get Watson or Wilson?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
So pace has fucked this team into oblivion. Zero prospects for a good QB, just cut CB1, likely to cut the anchor to the D and the WR1 hates the bears stinking guts.

The Bears are on the path of a quick death at this point. And maybe...maybe that’s for the best?

We’re looking at 3-5 wins next season at best here. That’s gotta do Pace and Nagy in. So, let’s cross our fingers Pace doesn’t trade the next 3 years draft picks for the 4th best QB in the draft. Pace is a knucklehead and stupid enough to think that Dalton can save his job. So let’s hope for Pace to focus on drafting in the trenches and let the new GM sort out the QB position after an abysmal year.
The McCaskeys and Sweaty Ted love Pace...he isn’t going anywhere

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
They already told Dalton he’s starting.

That would seem to indicate they know they’re not getting any other veteran QBs.
They also told Mike Glennon he was the starter, then traded up to draft Mitch 2nd overall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is that Pace talked the front office into a 2 yr mini rebuild/reset and is eyeing a QB in this draft that will sit to start the year and maybe the entire one.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...I had a feeling that these guys jobs were safer than we expected. I don't mind that the Bears reset. I think it's needed, but why not just do that with Foles? why pay money for Dalton? I have a feeling they're preparing to draft a QB this year

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d be down with a hard reset, but if that’s the case, why sign Dalton or tag Robinson?

Keep Foles as your starter, build your team through the draft, then go at your QB in the draft next year when you have a much higher first round pick.

A higher pick, but likely less talent to choose from

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
It’s weird. It’s like they are setting up the next GM/HC for success. Cap numbers will be decent. Won’t have mortgaged the future...they did say at that presser when asked if they will make decisions on their job security that they would make decisions that are best for the Chicago Bears franchise.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s weird. It’s like they are setting up the next GM/HC for success. Cap numbers will be decent. Won’t have mortgaged the future...they did say at that presser when asked if they will make decisions on their job security that they would make decisions that are best for the Chicago Bears franchise.
We still have to make it thru the draft. Personally I think pace trades the farm to move up for Lance/Jones and further handicaps the situation

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
We still have to make it thru the draft. Personally I think pace trades the farm to move up for Lance/Jones and further handicaps the situation
I can’t believe he is going to be allowed to run the draft. Didn’t the Bills fire their GM right before draft a few years back? I feel like they should just be drafting BPA now and fuck what are needs are. I don’t think there is any way we move up for QB now.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can’t believe he is going to be allowed to run the draft. Didn’t the Bills fire their GM right before draft a few years back? I feel like they should just be drafting BPA now and fuck what are needs are. I don’t think there is any way we move up for QB now.
Not moving up for a QB is the best path forward imo and quickest way to 'reset' even though that sounds counterproductive. This team will not be good next year - so Pace should do what everyone on this board always talked about. Build up the roster, improve the OL, draft a WR, get some youth on D and figure out the QB in 2022 when the Bears can get rid of Foles/Dalton.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Did you read what you posted?
Did they get Watson or Wilson?

context. you've been here since the end of January. you know what's going on. people had zero issues trading 19 picks to get either quarterback because that's all the Bears would need to win a Super Bowl. now that Ryan Pace acquired Andy Dalton and has to cut 3 top defensive players to pay for it, now the sky is falling, because I guess people now realize you need a top defense to win a Super Bowl? now there's concerns again for the offensive line too?

see also: the last Super Bowl where the Buccaneers defense neutralized CCS's #1 penis envy player because his team's offensive line were ineffective.

this is why I say people at CCS are fucking stupid and entirely illogical. thanks

Reactions: 1ke

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
context. you've been here since the end of January. you know what's going on. people had zero issues trading 19 picks to get either quarterback because that's all the Bears would need to win a Super Bowl. now that Ryan Pace acquired Andy Dalton and has to cut 3 top defensive players to pay for it, now the sky is falling, because I guess people now realize you need a top defense to win a Super Bowl? now there's concerns again for the offensive line too?

see also: the last Super Bowl where the Buccaneers defense neutralized CCS's #1 penis envy player because his team's offensive line were ineffective.

this is why I say people at CCS are fucking stupid and entirely illogical. thanks
1. People have been talking about the shit OL for a long time. It's always been an issue with Pace. Nobody is saying it doesn't need addressed (and if they are they need their head examined).

2. Giving up 3 firsts, a 3rd and two defensive players (the assumed offer) for a top 5 QB (Wilson/Watson) is different than giving up 3 firsts (to trade up for a rookie) and having to cut two defensive players to sign Dalton.

Essentially...

Watson/Wilson > Draft picks/D Players
Rookie/Dalton < Draft picks/ D players

Also, you're thinking short term with Wilson/Watson. Do the Bears compete for a SB with those guys in 2021? Probably not. But a year of FA and another draft would put them in a better position the next 2-3 years. Not to mention AR would likely want to stay in Chicago with a legit QB.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great. So too much drinking and yelling at the tv on Game day for 2-3 yrs. Fucking Bears.