Maybe this ‘reset’ is what the Bears need

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Pace the GM who told Glennon and us that he was their QB?

And he was. The Bears didn’t add any veterans to challenge for the starting job after acquiring Glennon. Glennon then started the first couple months of the season.

Point being: They don’t tell Dalton he’s their starter if they’re planning on still getting Wilson or another veteran this offseason.

Could they still draft a QB next month? Absolutely.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Pace is a knucklehead and stupid enough to think that Dalton can save his job.

I wish but Dalton smells like a Glennon move and Pace trades up in the draft so much, it's like he thinks GMs are required by NFL policy to do so every April.

Canth

Liked Posts:
If they are indeed doing a reset of sorts, then it is imperative that they do -not- trade their 2022 1st round pick. It is likely to be a high one that could/should be used for the next shot at a franchise qb (assuming they are already past that point for this year).

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I'm just excited about the recent contracts handed out to

Danny T
Robert Q
E Jackson

Nothing says your offense sucks like a bunch of overpaid, underperforming, aging guys on defense whos contracts are an albatross.

And while we're at it....

Now that Wilson isn't coming, any reason why Graham is still around?
I’m assuming Graham is still around because he is one of the few on offense who performed last season. Only like 3 TEs had more TDs than he did. He was brought in to score in the red zone. He did that, and would have done it more with competent QB play.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Getting rid of your best players because you can’t afford them when you aren’t on the back of a period of success, is not a good look. Not good at all.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They already told Dalton he’s starting.

That would seem to indicate they know they’re not getting any other veteran QBs.

Didn't they tell Glennon that as well?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It’s weird. It’s like they are setting up the next GM/HC for success. Cap numbers will be decent. Won’t have mortgaged the future...they did say at that presser when asked if they will make decisions on their job security that they would make decisions that are best for the Chicago Bears franchise.
You know he's pushed a ton of money into future years and their cap situation for 2022 is one of the worst in the league. They are with the saints, chiefs, and cowboys for worst cap next year. The difference is chiefs and saints are good teams with players at important positions locked up long term already. Even the cowboys have their qb at least. Pace has railed this franchise because he's desperate

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

The article itself isn't worth reading unless you want to go through the list of Pace grievances for the 30,000th time but we can add Rozner to the list of people who don't think Teflon Ryan is DESPERATE for JORB.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point.......The Bears will have more Cap space next year.

Counterpoint..........................so will everyone else, and even more so than the Bears.

Nothing Pace has done this years has signaled he is doing a reset. Everything he has done is more akin to a man grasping at straws and failing at everything.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I don’t think it’s really possible to have a reset with a GM and HC well and truly on the hot seat. The chances are the team struggles again this season, Pace and Nagy get canned and the new guys with new ideas have to start over yet again.

They want to try and win now but don’t have the cards to play or the capital to use because of their own previous mistakes. The defence was elite but is falling away now but still has some big contracts. It’s a hell of a mess and will take years of good decisions to turn around. We are not in a good place.

They got the QB and HC hires / draft wrong, and everything else aside it’s very hard to build a successful franchise when that happens.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
For me its not even about the QB, its moving up in the draft to get your guy and he sucks. Never building draft capital and when you do have young players they leave. It was time to start over