Maybe Timing is to Blame

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Timing is To Blame

-This was the first game of the season, it was on the road, under the bright lights of primetime. Most teams are not at their best week 1, especially those that take the pre-season off, which Nagy should rightfully take some shit for. The Bears did not get to open the season with the Bills, Cardinals, or the Browns, they had to open against a team that most media outlets are picking for the Super Bowl. They had to play the GOAT QB.

-3 of their best players were not where near game shape. Mack, Robinson, and Roquan were all not at peak game shape for obvious reasons and that hurts them. Would the game have been different if Kwiatwoski had not gotten dominated when he was on the field? If Mack had anything in the tank for the 4th quarter? If Robinson had his burst late in the game? These 3 players should all get better and better as they round into shape and week 1 of the season we were not going to see their best.

-1st ever game HC game for Matt Nagy and he made some mistakes that hurt the team. I am sure he will not be as cute or conservative after being both of those things hurt his team. He needs to find out what works for this team and what works against specific opponents. That only happens with time on the sideline and experience against other coordinators. Nagy coached the 2nd half like a guy who had never coached against Aaron Rodgers before and those mistakes killed the Bears down the stretch. That is only something that can be remedied with experience. Now Nagy has the same experience as the rest of us have of having our soul ripped out by Rodgers.

-1st game for Trubisky in a new system. He has a high school diploma in this offense, which has been described as one of the more complex in the NFL, and I choose to assume by the bye week he may have a bachelor of offense and hopefully by the end of the season he has a masters in offense and we can look at a PHD in 2019. Trubisky was over thinking everything and not anticipating anything, because he has little to no experience running this stuff. Recognition and trust come with time. The scripted plays that I am sure they practiced more than any others looked great. I assume we will see more of this moving forward, the scripted plays he knows really well will look good. because he knows them.

-I have a feeling we will see a much different game, maybe not result, against the Packers the next time the Bears play them. The timing will be better for a team that has so many new parts and systems.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
OMG STOP MAKlNG EXCUSES FOR TRUBISKY! WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED...

hang on a second...

ESPN.com

Okay, click "NFL"... "stats" Okay, there are the QBs... "Complete Leaders" okay, now sort by "TD" HERE WE GO!

WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED....... RYAN FITZPATRICK

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was the worst possible time for the Bears to go on the road and play the Packers.

Like getting called up from AAA and your first at bat is against Max Scherzer, I would prefer if it was against any member of the Cubs bullpen please.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
OMG STOP MAKlNG EXCUSES FOR TRUBISKY! WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED...

hang on a second...

ESPN.com

Okay, click "NFL"... "stats" Okay, there are the QBs... "Complete Leaders" okay, now sort by "TD" HERE WE GO!

WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED....... RYAN FITZPATRICK

Fitzy was always a gamer. Most underrated and aggresive game manager ever.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. All of this. Well said.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really think the narrative would be different if the Bears had opened up with and easier matchup at home. The Packers game has so much baggage from previous regimes and players attached to it.

If they had opened at home against the Cardinals and won the game despite the offense having a "meh" day. There would be a totally different feeling.

But instead of getting in the shallow end of the pool they got tossed in the deep end and swallowed a little water.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really considering just ghosting this forum altogether. I don't know if I even want to be around for the rest of the season at this pace.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
-3 of their best players were not where near game shape. Mack, Robinson, and Roquan.

You might be jumping the gun on Roquan calling him one of their best players. Unless you are convinced by 8 snaps already.

Beyond that, I agree wholehearted with the rest of it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Maybe Timing is To Blame

-This was the first game of the season, it was on the road, under the bright lights of primetime. Most teams are not at their best week 1, especially those that take the pre-season off, which Nagy should rightfully take some shit for. The Bears did not get to open the season with the Bills, Cardinals, or the Browns, they had to open against a team that most media outlets are picking for the Super Bowl. They had to play the GOAT QB.

-3 of their best players were not where near game shape......

-1st ever game HC game for Matt Nagy....

-1st game for Trubisky in a new system.....

-I have a feeling we will see a much different game, maybe not result, against the Packers the next time the Bears play them. The timing will be better for a team that has so many new parts and systems.

Windy, I don't disagree with anything you are saying here. I just hate your 1st sentence (not directed at you). Here it is:

Maybe Timing is To Blame

I don't understand Bears fan's need to BLAME someone! Why do we have to blame someone. We all know Rodgers is great. We all know the Pack is tough at Home. We all knew the Bears were starting a brand new offense with a brand new coaching staff. Heck, Vegas has the Pack up 7.5.

But why in the heck do we have to blame someone? The Bears came out and kicked butt! YES, their inexperience showed in the 2nd half against a good team. YES, Nagy made a couple of questionable calls. But ................... it took a miraculous comeback by Rodgers to win by a point, at home, against their rival!

Shouldn't we be happy that Mack looked awesome? Shouldn't we be happy that the Bears looked great to start the game? Shouldn't we realize that we are only going to get better as the season goes along? Noooooooooo...........

The whiny Bears fans on CCS just want to bitch about everything! Man, I just wish these fuckin wimps would just leave and go to another teams MB. SHEEEEEESH ......

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You might be jumping the gun on Roquan calling him one of their best players. Unless you are convinced by 8 snaps already.

Beyond that, I agree wholehearted with the rest of it.

He will be one of the Bears best players whenever he starts to play.

In 8 snaps he had a sack, TFl and another tackle.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He will be one of the Bears best players whenever he starts to play.

In 8 snaps he had a sack, TFl and another tackle.

His limited snaps were a joy to watch. The kid is gonna be so good.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But why in the heck do we have to blame someone? The Bears came out and kicked butt! YES, their inexperience showed in the 2nd half against a good team. YES, Nagy made a couple of questionable calls. But ................... it took a miraculous comeback by Rodgers to win by a point, at home, against their rival!

Shouldn't we be happy that Mack looked awesome? Shouldn't we be happy that the Bears looked great to start the game? Shouldn't we realize that we are only going to get better as the season goes along? Noooooooooo...........

In the heat of the moment, I can't blame people for being upset. It was a rough loss. And it was a loss to the worst team to lose to. At the same time, it's like any other game that you lose. It's never on ONE guy. Off the top of my head, I can think of several moments in the game that set us back. And all those things added up to that loss.

If you stop and think about it rationally, it doesn't seem nearly as bad. This is how I started to feel a couple of hours after the loss. Some people just don't have the capacity for that. Think about how many complete dumb asses we have here. When people are dumb, they don't put coherent thoughts together and then post. They get emotional and then post. Lol. This is CCS! And this is what we have to deal with.

I usually don't engage those people, or just engage those people with complete sarcasm. I have identified a lot of the people here that can sit back and look at the entire situation, and think critically about it. Just engage with those people and have civil discussions. We know that one game doesn't dictate a player or coach's career. And this process is going to take some time on both sides of the ball. Mack and Roquan are going to be more involved going forward. Nagy and Trubisky and the rest of this offense need TIME and EXPERIENCE. And as we all know... TIME takes TIME. :D

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
The fact people are making excuses / justifying the piss poor play by our 'franchise QB', and taking any solace from one of the biggest choke jobs in the last 20 years in ALL of sports, is fucking insane.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The fact people are making excuses / justifying the piss poor play by our 'franchise QB', and taking any solace from one of the biggest choke jobs in the last 20 years in ALL of sports, is fucking insane.

Hey sevvy..is this the type of poster you were referring to? Lol

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lol. :drama:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol

what a bunch of nonsense. whatever the problems are, its up to the coaches to self analyze, look at the tape, and correct. this is just a bunch of speculative nonsense.

But I'll tell you what, when fans start putting this much effort into explaining away problems, its not a good sign.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

And this kind of post is exactly what I'm talking about. If you can't see beyond the QB and realize that other players/coaches/factors contributed to a loss, then you are not very bright.

Hey sevvy..is this the type of poster you were referring to? Lol

O3mM0AG.gif

So good.