McShay: Bears trade up to #12?

coolio

Liked Posts:
I don't want to trade up for him. I don't mind him if he's at 20. But if they trade up for him they're just trading up to do it and take a QB.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why don’t people like Mac Jones? I think after some coaching (3 head coaches and 5 offensive coordinators) he can be a pretty solid player.

I don't think it's that people don't like Mac Jones. I think that people know that we need a QB that will be able to run for his fucking life behind our shit OL and dumb ass head coach's terrible playcalling.

Mac Jones doesn't seem to be that dude. He seems like the dude that will flourish by going to a good team that will know how to scheme and build a team around him.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I don't think it's that people don't like Mac Jones. I think that people know that we need a QB that will be able to run for his fucking life behind our shit OL and dumb ass head coach's terrible playcalling.

Mac Jones doesn't seem to be that dude. He seems like the dude that will flourish by going to a good team that will know how to scheme and build a team around him.

Yeah definitely, I was just making a joke that he’d need 5 coaches before he’s any good lmao but nah I’ll give the kid a chance if the Bears get him. I hope they have their sights higher though.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I like Mac Jones, but I think his upside is limited and like the OP. from a distance I think its hard to get a read on how good he truly was considering the talent around him. Afterall, its not like Tua lit up the league coming off an impressive career at Bama. Mac onky really had one year to showcase himself. We knew more about Tua.

So for me, I dont like the value at #12. Maybe #20, but would be nice to trade Nyack and if he there in the mid to late 20s you get him.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Love the comment where someone thought Jones was better than Mitch or Foles. Still don't understand the love for a QB from a very small school who only played one game this year. Shoot most thing drafting Mitch after only 13 games was bad, but this move is being thought about? Insane

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Because of his lack of mobility, Mac Jones is going to be a guy whose performance hinges on what you put around him. He won’t be able to create on his own. It’s why I personally would prefer Lance (if they were to draft a first round QB this year).

As I’ve said many times on these boards, a dynamic quarterback who can create on his own will have the most chance to succeed on this Bears team.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
And take Mac Jones? Is anybody here sold on jones being more than a career back up or middle of the road starter? This is one guy i have absolutely no read on. I cant tell if hes Joe Burrow or Tim Couch. Thoughts?

Pace and Nagy are both on shaky ground - Not sure they want to go with a rookie QB next season.

But we'll see.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Please God let us get Wentz instead of this scenario. This would be going full Special person.

It is pretty crazy when you look at the statistical likelihoods.

It’s likely that Wentz is much better than Jones will ever be. It’s likely that Mac Jones will never throw for 4,000 yards or have a 3-1 TD-to-INT ratio, just because of what this league does to young quarterbacks, and how coaches trot them out into the churn way too early.

Yet, we have some people who want to give up picks for Jones while saying “Lol, dude sucks” about Wentz.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I called this a couple of weeks ago. The Bears will try and fail at moving up enough to get Zach Wilson or Justin Fields, and then out of desperation, they'll panic and trade up for Mac Jones.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why don’t people like Mac Jones? I think after some coaching (3 head coaches and 5 offensive coordinators) he can be a pretty solid player.

People don't like him because he didn't show any mobility at Bama. I don't mind taking a shot on him. Trading up to #12 for him does scare me though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It is pretty crazy when you look at the statistical likelihoods.

It’s likely that Wentz is much better than Jones will ever be. It’s likely that Mac Jones will never throw for 4,000 yards or have a 3-1 TD-to-INT ratio, just because of what this league does to young quarterbacks, and how coaches trot them out into the churn way too early.

Yet, we have some people who want to give up picks for Jones while saying “Lol, dude sucks” about Wentz.
Never throw for 4000 yards.....screams Chicago bears

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mac jones is my favorite qb in this draft outside lawrence/fields/wilson. And honestly i dont really care much for fields and havent bothered to even look at Lawrence since there’s no way bears get him.

But anyway jones isnt a statue back there. He moves around real well in the pocket to avoid pressure and his accuracy looks elite.

i’m no pro qb expert (wanted to trade back for mahomes in 17 or get brad fn kaaya in 2nd/3rd?)but i just dont get all the knocks on jones that i read. If you actually watch him play i dont see how you can not like what you see. Flame away

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Trade up to get either Fields, Lance or Jones. I’d rather throw picks at that opportunity than on these other Veteran QBs at this point.

I’d throw similar offer Texans were supposedly wanting for Watson at Jacksonville. 2021,2022,2023 1st rd picks and any defensive player of their choice(even Roquan)to get Lawrence.

Each day that goes by I’m wanting to go the rookie route.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t like it. I think they would be better off drafting a Tackle and a WR and resigning Mitch if we can’t trade up for Wilson. That way after the season you know you would have a Tackle and or a WR.

Seriously is Mac Jones or Trask better then Mitch+ a 1st round OT/WR and a 2nd round WR/OT combination?

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Unless the Bears get a significant upgrade in both OT spots, Mac would be Mac the Sack. Still like him way better than MT because he at least has experience vs high level competition coming out of college, and apparently can at least read a defense. Kind of a slower, less athletic version of Watson, with a skin on the wall, albeit not because of him.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I don’t like it. I think they would be better off drafting a Tackle and a WR and resigning Mitch if we can’t trade up for Wilson. That way after the season you know you would have a Tackle and or a WR.

Seriously is Mac Jones or Trask better then Mitch+ a 1st round OT/WR and a 2nd round WR/OT combination?
A) It’s already been made known that Bears do not want Mitch make. B) Stop talking about Mitch, he’s done here.