Mel Tucker's status with Bears up in the air (ESPN)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The entire Tucker thing was weird.

We feel comfortable complimenting him, but not telling you he will be back.

I the evaluation is on going why even bring him up at all and why not not answer the questions till you have something to say.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because the people that agree with it say so?

Well...aren't all contracts evaluated that way by fans? If you like it, the money is right...if ya don't, overpay?

Circles...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Per ESPN Insider Mike Sando: Per ESPN Insider Mike Sando- "Yeah, he could have gotten more if he went to the market," a long-time NFL salary-cap analyst said. "I think we're losing perspective of salaries and what is an appropriate salary for a guy. This is now what you pay a starting quarterback you'd rather have than not have. 'He is not elite or special, but he's ours and we have a chance with him.' There you go. That is $18 million. That is where we are."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post/_/id/6161/cutler-inked-chicago-spotlight-falls-on-d

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...aren't all contracts evaluated that way by fans? If you like it, the money is right...if ya don't, overpay?

Circles...

I think the determining factor is not whether he was worth it, but rather what he cost. This is what Cutler cost.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:

Circles...

Can't we keep the Cutler talk to one of the other threads about him?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Tucka=
You-are-Fired.jpg

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Per ESPN Insider Mike Sando: Per ESPN Insider Mike Sando- "Yeah, he could have gotten more if he went to the market," a long-time NFL salary-cap analyst said. "I think we're losing perspective of salaries and what is an appropriate salary for a guy. This is now what you pay a starting quarterback you'd rather have than not have. 'He is not elite or special, but he's ours and we have a chance with him.' There you go. That is $18 million. That is where we are."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post/_/id/6161/cutler-inked-chicago-spotlight-falls-on-d

I rather not.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

He got paid the market rate. You can be angry with Detroit and Baltimore, but I don't see what good that does. Heading into next year with a 35-year old journeyman who was bound to come back to earth with no backup is not a plan. Franchising Cutler and having his entire number count against the cap would hamstring Emery's ability to address defensive holes. That's not a viable plan. Lowballing Cutler and letting him hit the open market so that TEN or MIN or any of the other teams desperate for an answer at QB can sign him is not a plan. In a business of imperfect solutions, Emery chose the least bad option. And Trestman thinks he can work with the guy, and I trust him a heckuvalot more than some anonymous Bears fan behind a computer.

The anti-Cutler crowd sure complains a lot, but when it comes to suggesting realistic solutions they're remarkably quiet.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Mel tucker suckekeeekekekeeeee fire him