Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This statement about Noah tells me you dont know shit about him. Sure he throws 100mph when he decides to dial it up but what you would know if you really knew what you were talking about is that his secondary pitches curve,slider,change are downright nasty! And he has impeccable control for a kid whos 23 in his first season in the majors. Sure hes had and will have his ups and downs but if he stays healthy he is going to dominate for years to come. And yes im very confident in this pitching staff. Just look what they did to the high powered cub lineup.

Honestly, very well may suck for you when 2 of those guys pull a Wood & Prior. I've seen the promising young pitching story play out. The way you described Noah sounds like Prior to a T. Harvey already had one TJ. I'd like to see Noah stay healthy for sure though, really like him. Probably the long flowing locks.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Fuck you, Mets fan.

Kidding (kind of), but good luck to you guys in the WS! You guys sure as hell earned it

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Fuck you, Mets fan.

Kidding (kind of), but good luck to you guys in the WS! You guys sure as hell earned it

Well fuck you too!:smug2: Thanks! I think we have a great chance of winning it all against either AL team. Should be good Series regardless. After getting by the Dodgers and their dynamic duo i felt pretty good going in against the Cubbies. That being said i and every single met fan with a brain never imagined a sweep. That team is absolutely loaded and i figured Arrieta would beat us in game two as did most. Glad we won but a little disappointed it wasnt the knockdown drag out fight all mets fans expected.

Just to add Cubs fans are pretty negative and seem very fearful of this somehow all falling apart over the next year or two and you guys dont see the playoffs again for the next decade. IMHO i think you guys are crazy! You guys are young,loaded and only going to get better. If Arrieta is the real deal and you guys add another starter like a Price or Greinke you guys are going to be tough!

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Honestly, very well may suck for you when 2 of those guys pull a Wood & Prior. I've seen the promising young pitching story play out. The way you described Noah sounds like Prior to a T. Harvey already had one TJ. I'd like to see Noah stay healthy for sure though, really like him. Probably the long flowing locks.

Shit happens. I dont know what the comparison is to Prior and Wood. Prior had a broken elbow followed by a torn rotator cuff and labrum which is far more devastating an injury then TJ. I once read Prior in his rookie season had four games of 130+ pitches which nowadays for a guy under 25 is unheard of. The cub organization ran him into the ground. Wood came back after tj surgery to have a couple good season and was still a mid 90`s guys. He ended up falling apart because of a knee injury that ended up causing a rotator cuff tear and that was the end of it for him. Sure its possible these guys can get hurt but its just as possible they stay healthy and dominate for the next decade. NO ONE KNOWS. Id rather enjoy the ride now and be excited about the future.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Shit happens. I dont know what the comparison is to Prior and Wood. Prior had a broken elbow followed by a torn rotator cuff and labrum which is far more devastating an injury then TJ. I once read Prior in his rookie season had four games of 130+ pitches which nowadays for a guy under 25 is unheard of. The cub organization ran him into the ground. Wood came back after tj surgery to have a couple good season and was still a mid 90`s guys. He ended up falling apart because of a knee injury that ended up causing a rotator cuff tear and that was the end of it for him. Sure its possible these guys can get hurt but its just as possible they stay healthy and dominate for the next decade. NO ONE KNOWS. Id rather enjoy the ride now and be excited about the future.
Prior had mechanical flaws. It had nothing to do with an organization "running him into the ground".

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Prior had mechanical flaws. It had nothing to do with an organization "running him into the ground".

According to just about every scout (Excerpt from a SI article: Considered one of the best pitching prospects ever and possessed of supposedly perfect mechanics, Prior was given a $4 million signing bonus plus a major league contract worth $10.5 million over five years that put him directly on Chicago's 40-man roster.) he had great mechanics coming up. If he developed bad mechanics later it was after the injuries started. Regardless he fell apart, it happens. Sometimes it doesnt.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
According to just about every scout (Excerpt from a SI article: Considered one of the best pitching prospects ever and possessed of supposedly perfect mechanics, Prior was given a $4 million signing bonus plus a major league contract worth $10.5 million over five years that put him directly on Chicago's 40-man roster.) he had great mechanics coming up. If he developed bad mechanics later it was after the injuries started. Regardless he fell apart, it happens. Sometimes it doesnt.
LOL. He had a big, fat timing flaw from the get-go that put way too much stress on his elbow and shoulder. He could never recover, even with other teams, because it was ingrained in his muscle memory from his youth.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mets, Cubs I don't know if anyone is paying attention but the Royals seem flat out unstoppable.

I definitely agree with Rise.

We'll see if Mr. Mets75 comes around when his beloved get a whoopin from the Royals.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I definitely agree with Rise.

We'll see if Mr. Mets75 comes around when his beloved get a whoopin from the Royals.

Dont get your point. Why would i come here to discuss the Mets getting beat by the Royals with Cubs fans? So i guess if the Mets beat the Royals i should also come on here and gloat to Cubs fans? I have a little more respect for real cubs fans than to pull some bush league shit like that. The mets are not infallible. We can lose to the Royals yes but we could also beat them. I think its going to be a good series and look forward to us bringing home a world championship.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You guys didn't stand a chance. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I just don't think anyone was going to beat the Royals. 7 wins in the postseason when trailing by 2 or more. That's ridiculous.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys didn't stand a chance. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I just don't think anyone was going to beat the Royals. 7 wins in the postseason when trailing by 2 or more. That's ridiculous.
They put the bat on the ball and battled at the plate, which I expect the young Cubs to learn from this off-season. The swing and miss needs to stop.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Man, I love the way the Royals play. Their bullpen is nasty. If they have a lead towards the end of the game -- good night. They've won with starting pitching that is good enough -- but they grind out runs, execute flawlessly, play exceptional defense, and possess a juggernaut bullpen.

The Mets had a great run -- they just ran into a better team. Obviously the concern with the Mets is losing the heart of their order in FA, as well as trying to reproduce the year the starting pitching had. They had a once-in-a-generation year of starting pitching. With how up and down the careers of SP's are -- it's going to be incredibly difficult to reproduce.

When the Mets eliminated us this year, I saw an awful lot of gloating. The New York Times printed the 1908-style article and every thing. It will be pretty interesting see who has a better year in 2016 -- the Cubs or Mets.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

We lost this series in game one. Cespedes absolutely killed us in this series in the field and at the plate. If he makes the catch in game one and doesnt boot it for an inside the park homerun we win the game. If he doesnt yet again misplay the ball in the outfield in game 4 it doesnt lead to two runs at a time Matz was pitching lights out. If those two things dont happen we`re up 3 games to 1 and its a different series. Great teams make few mistakes and never fail to capitalize on yours. The Royals were exactly that and proved to be the better team BY FAR at this point and they deserve the win. Im excited for next year but this team needs to make some changes to the everyday lineup and dump the dead weight.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We lost this series in game one. Cespedes absolutely killed us in this series in the field and at the plate. If he makes the catch in game one and doesnt boot it for an inside the park homerun we win the game. If he doesnt yet again misplay the ball in the outfield in game 4 it doesnt lead to two runs at a time Matz was pitching lights out. If those two things dont happen we`re up 3 games to 1 and its a different series. Great teams make few mistakes and never fail to capitalize on yours. The Royals were exactly that and proved to be the better team BY FAR at this point and they deserve the win. Im excited for next year but this team needs to make some changes to the everyday lineup and dump the dead weight.

WaaaaWaaaaa excuses....excuses All the losers have them.

Shoulda woulda coulda

Royals are CLEARLY the best team of 2015 let it go.

Last edited:

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
time for the lame mets fans to pick a new team , i suggest ...

[video=youtube;F2mnPqpmkLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2mnPqpmkLQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I LUV IT...

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

You are right. Cespedes didn't help in any way, but neither did the HR by Gordon in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game.

I believe Familia hadn't blown a save in almost three months.

Getting out to a 1-0 lead on the road would have been huge, or even taking one any way you can.

Same thing for the Cubs. When they didn't win one on the road with their two best, the series was all but over. Statistically, the odds of coming back from a 2-0 deficit are not good.

As for both teams. They have work to do in the off-season.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
You are right. Cespedes didn't help in any way, but neither did the HR by Gordon in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game.

I believe Familia hadn't blown a save in almost three months.

Getting out to a 1-0 lead on the road would have been huge, or even taking one any way you can.

Same thing for the Cubs. When they didn't win one on the road with their two best, the series was all but over. Statistically, the odds of coming back from a 2-0 deficit are not good.

As for both teams. They have work to do in the off-season.

If Cespedes catches the ball the inning is over with no runs scored. The score wouldve been 4-2 going into the 9th and Gordons hr wouldnt of mattered so we most likely win 4-3. Mets have some serious work to do with their lineup you couldnt be more right. We need to get rid of some dead weight and get some proffessional hitters in there who can also play defense. What id give to have a lineup like the cubs with our pitching staff. Uggh! 120 wins possibly. Same if you guys had our pitching staff.