Met fan here!

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I dont get why anyone hates the mets. We havent won anything in a long time lol! Actually i problably have no right to complain you guys are sitting on over a hundred years which is pretty crazy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you think about a Harvey/Castro trade?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are more than a bit overconfident about your young pitching staff.

Just because they beat Greinke/Kershaw and now Lester/Arrieta (in road starts) does not equate being superior to both of those staffs.

De Grom just doesn't do a ton for me, though he had a wonderful post all star break year. Noah will have to learn to pitch. Its always surprising how quick the young hurlers fall and lose that one trick of velocity, or surgery alters their curve ball. He isn't perfect yet and had some late year struggles that could still pop up before this series is over.

Meanwhile, Harvey is a locker room cancer extroidinaire. The fan base has a love hate with him, he seemes unhappy and may go. He may not be worth it to them to resign, especially since they have other arms he becomes not worth it. The Dark Knight can be beat and I believe he will be next up in this series. Regardless, there will come a time when he is unahappy again, or the team is with him, or the fans. I don't think he finishes his career a Met, and departure will happen this year or next.

Enjoy the staff while it lasts by all means, but lets not get ahead of ourselves with projecting the next 5 years and how helpless the rest of the league feels. Thats in your head.

The Cubs just need to win one of these next two, and turn the ball back over to Lester and Arrieta. At that point a game 7 is likely, and the Cubs have an interesting bullpen for a game like that.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Mets, Cubs I don't know if anyone is paying attention but the Royals seem flat out unstoppable.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh noez cy harvey, roger degromens, pedro marsgaard will win 20 consecutive world seriez!!!!!

Yeah, its a good group but its not like its going to even be talked about historically as some invincible staff. My advice is to seize the window, it will close much sooner than you think.

The Cubs have just opened one of the larger windows I have ever seen. They keep talking about records...and hitting 6 home runs in one game. Ok...but 4 or 5 of those were by different rookie in one playoff game. Bryant, Schwarber, Baez, Soler, Russell all hit one in the same game I think. Maybe Soler didn't get in on that. But the point remains....that is a rookie power display never before seen. We don't really know what this means, how long it will last, or how great it might be. Its an eye opener though, much wider eyes for me than the Mets no matter who wins this.

I am a devout fan of neither team so I have no bias in this Met fan.

The comments are that of a prideful fan, I don't mind them and he started respectful. The delusions just make me think they are fairly young and don't realize the miracle it takes to bring this all together for post season success. Its a flash in the pan even if you do it right.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
You are more than a bit overconfident about your young pitching staff.

Noah will have to learn to pitch. Its always surprising how quick the young hurlers fall and lose that one trick of velocity, or surgery alters their curve ball.

This statement about Noah tells me you dont know shit about him. Sure he throws 100mph when he decides to dial it up but what you would know if you really knew what you were talking about is that his secondary pitches curve,slider,change are downright nasty! And he has impeccable control for a kid whos 23 in his first season in the majors. Sure hes had and will have his ups and downs but if he stays healthy he is going to dominate for years to come. And yes im very confident in this pitching staff. Just look what they did to the high powered cub lineup.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Yeah, its a good group but its not like its going to even be talked about historically as some invincible staff. My advice is to seize the window, it will close much sooner than you think.

The Cubs have just opened one of the larger windows I have ever seen. They keep talking about records...and hitting 6 home runs in one game. Ok...but 4 or 5 of those were by different rookie in one playoff game. Bryant, Schwarber, Baez, Soler, Russell all hit one in the same game I think. Maybe Soler didn't get in on that. But the point remains....that is a rookie power display never before seen. We don't really know what this means, how long it will last, or how great it might be. Its an eye opener though, much wider eyes for me than the Mets no matter who wins this.

I am a devout fan of neither team so I have no bias in this Met fan.

The comments are that of a prideful fan, I don't mind them and he started respectful. The delusions just make me think they are fairly young and don't realize the miracle it takes to bring this all together for post season success. Its a flash in the pan even if you do it right.

Youre fullofshit! You sound like a homer gtfoh! 3-0 buddy! deal with it!

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Good luck to the Mets in the WS.

Congratulations on a great season. The cubs will be back and it could be you guys on the winning end next time. We`ll need all the luck we can get as the Royals look great and i think their veteran hitters might are better equiped to deal with our incredibly awesome and dominant starting pitching. Lol sorry just a little dig at Raskolnikov as my confidence seems to get under his skin.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congratulations on a great season. The cubs will be back and it could be you guys on the winning end next time. We`ll need all the luck we can get as the Royals look great and i think their veteran hitters might are better equiped to deal with our incredibly awesome and dominant starting pitching. Lol sorry just a little dig at Raskolnikov as my confidence seems to get under his skin.

This is about to get very interesting for you 75. If Lester wins game 5, you will face Arrieta in game 6. Prepare yourself to sweat hard.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Cespedus done for the year, no way mets win WS.

Unfortunate.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice ass whooping. Congrats and good series.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It was truly incredible how the Mets dominated this series, haven't seen anything like it in years.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I didn't find it incredible.

1) Their pitchers threw strikes, got calls when they didn't, and challenged the Cubs hitters. Cubs pitchers lacked command of the zone, tried to nibble around hitters instead of going after them and subsequently got behind a lot of hitters.

2) Too much swing and miss in this lineup. Taking pitches is great. Constantly taking pitches and getting in 2 strike holes is a recipe for not being productive.

3) The Russell injury was more important than we thought. Baez does not have the range of Russell and was not as good defensively. That's not a knock on Javy. Russell is just the best at SS and Javy hadn't played SS much since getting called up.

I think this loss was actually good for the young Cubs hitters. They clearly have a lot to work on and there is nothing like going into an off-season with a bitter taste like this. If the FO does the job it should have this trade deadline, the Cubs will have more power arms in the rotation and much better pitching for next year's hopeful playoff run.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Not me, I wasn't born until 1984. Like I said, I just hate pretty much every NL team. Outside of Cards, Reds, & Brewers, Mets & Dodgers top that list. The only team I hate for beating the Cubs is the Marlins. Fucking assholes bring in no fans and win 2 WS titles, then trade everyone away. Bunch of horseshit.