MHJ - looks like we dodged a bullet

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was never an option for the Bears. He was never going #1 and in no world was he going to be there at 9.

They didn’t dodge anything and if you had to chose between him and Rome you’re taking MHJ every single time, regardless of if he doesn’t want to fulfill his fanatics obligations.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I see him as a future perennial pro bowler but we dodged a bullet- make it make sense

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
WTF? Movement for advancement is in coaches contracts. Nobody breaks them. In the real world, you can get sued. What do you want, Chains?
Chains? What would you use them for and on who. Do tell.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think this necessarily reflects poorly on either Fanatics or MHj.

Fanatics alleges MHj breeched a contract. Its possible he did or they may not have a case.

If MHj breeched a contract then Fanatics may get awarded money.

It doesn't mean MHj is a bad person.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Marvin Harrison Jr - This is not a commentary on his potential. He could and would likely be a pro bowler every season..

But his behaviour during the pre draft process (while many including me were focusing only on Calen and calling him a diva), his refusal to sign the NFLPA marketing agreement (Fanatics sues Cardinals rookie Marvin Harrison Jr. for alleged breach of contract, per report) and now this... Fanatics files lawsuit against Cards WR Harrison Jr.

Bears were mocked in certain drafts to trade up for MHJ. The current regime seems to prefer character over talent and avoided Jalen Carter last season for character reasons and MHJ would also be creating a painful atmosphere. Maybe this is how the post NIL era is going to be but MHJ seems to be an off field pain..

I am glad we avoided it.. Go Rome.. set the world on fire
not sure where your going with this...mhj is nothing like carter...mhj didnt want to participate in the underwear olympics because he chose to let his film do the talking. He met with teams he was interested in getting drafted by...carter on the other hand failed to complete his pro day workout showing his lack of conditioning and was involved in a drag race with multiple casualties. MHJ's lawsuit with fanatics is more about leveraging a new deal, fanatics says it had a new deal but mhj says there was no deal in place. Getting fanatics to give him a ew deal would pay far better than the NFLPA deal.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
NIL will be the death of football. (not really but a good quote nonetheless)

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wake me when he practices bad, runs poor routes, and drops passes.

Until then....

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
There were several different reasons I didn't want him. Don't even think him not signing this deal is a top 5 concern.

For me it was: "Look at my name, that's all you need to see. Now just believe I'm generational because come on, Marvin Harrison is my dad. Also, I run a 4.3 40 based on snippets of my tape I show you where I get a 10 yard head start untouched by a 2nd-rate DB from the B1G like Northwestern or Purdue and can get clocked mid play going 20 mph. Therefore, I don't need to work out. Andy Fantuz could NEVER look deceptively fast with a 10 yard running head start." <---this is the bulk of my concern with Jr. Drafting a guy based on who his dad was isn't as always successful as people want it to be for nostalgic purposes. I think fans (and pundits especially) did a disservice in showcasing what Jr. actually is as a player.

JR's doing what a lot of big name players are going to do going forward coming out of college as NIL continues to be a thing in the NCAA--he's going against the grain of letting someone else profit off him and he keeps a small cut. Now he'll sign deals to agree where his NIL goes, get the lionshare of profits (like designing his own jersey) and that's real power to a player. I'm behind that and don't blame him for wanting to do that his way. That's not what makes him a diva to me. He's also doing what Larry Fitzgerald did when he came into the league, and I've never seen OP call Fitz a diva.

Obviously his father is behind all of this. Sounds very Lavar Ball-ish.

I‘m just messing around. He better be a good player though otherwise this is going to be a bad look. If you’re going to conduct yourself the way he has the last 5 or so months you better produce or you’re going to get slaughtered by the press and fans.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you watch the video? The video with from the pat mcafee show has nothing to do with the NFL PA.

The McAfee vid starts by saying he has not signed a NFLPA licensing agreement. That is not the issue being discussed.

Fanatics is also involved in the NFLPA licensing but separate from that MHJ signed his own deal with Fanatics.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
LOL. Let me splain it to you, Lucy. If Atlanta didn't sign Mooney for $17M, the the team picking before the The Bear at 9 would have had a huge need at WR and would have been immensely more likely to have taken Odunze. The Bear were still worried they would take him or trade the pick to another team that would. The Allen rental has jack to do with it.
Aww.. did it make you feel better? Atlanta signed Mooney way before the draft and therefore their defensive need was bigger. Bears also signed Allen much before the draft and their o line and d line needs were bigger too..

Also Seahawks who drafted Murphy, DT, at 16 said their intelligence reports said that Bears would draft Murphy at 9 if Rome and Nabers were gone..

do you understand? Maybe not..

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure how the Bears dodged a pick they never had a shot at. >shrugs< Now if one thinks MHjr is a head case, it would be too early to tell. Is the fluffle about a contract re-negotiation tactic a worrisome issue? We have a court system to iron that out.

Reactions: Myk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Aww.. did it make you feel better? Atlanta signed Mooney way before the draft and therefore their defensive need was bigger. Bears also signed Allen much before the draft and their o line and d line needs were bigger too..

Also Seahawks who drafted Murphy, DT, at 16 said their intelligence reports said that Bears would draft Murphy at 9 if Rome and Nabers were gone..

do you understand? Maybe not..
Your just dumber for posting that. Signing Mooney obviously changed their draft needs. Pretty simple to understand unless you get all pretzelled trying to argue something something.

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
reminds me of Roquan when Roquan took forever to sign his rookie contract and then it was super hard to negotiate his second contract. happy to have Odunze because MHJ is going to squeeze every penny out of the Cards

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Im happy with Rome but at the same time I give 0 fucks about how he handles his non-football business negotiations/tactics and will solely judge him by his on the field production. Like his father who murdered someone at his carwash - maybe not a great businessman but fantastic WR.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im happy with Rome but at the same time I give 0 fucks about how he handles his non-football business negotiations/tactics and will solely judge him by his on the field production. Like his father who murdered someone at his carwash - maybe not a great businessman but fantastic WR.
Not condoning it, but I completely understand why he did it.