Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
choosing to be a marketing free agent so to speak is not really a character issue imo
I wasn’t commenting on Harrison or his situation. I was discussing the criteria used by the Bears’ front office to evaluate prospects.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Dont think they dodged anything, he's literally holding out because he wants fanatics to stop taking advantage of 18 year olds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1cjam89

While I support most of the "Fuck Fanatics" crowd, there is also another side to this coin: 18 year old's that want to be adults and get paid like adults but also don't want any of the responsibility. While none of us know the true nature of the contract details, at first glance, MHJ got paid and didn't deliver on what he was supposed to. So, perhaps we should also be hammering him on not fulfilling his side of the contract/equation.

I hear a lot (not saying you personally) of people bitching about "Oh look how they are treating these kids" but they are forgetting that these "kids" have asked for this and now that they got it, they don't like the rules associated with it. These kids wanna play adult, well then welcome to the adult life where you pay taxes, have to do what your boss tells you to, have to honor a contract you sign (mortgage, loan, etc).

Can't have it both ways and yes, both sides can also be shitty in a situation like this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I support most of the "Fuck Fanatics" crowd, there is also another side to this coin: 18 year old's that want to be adults and get paid like adults but also don't want any of the responsibility. While none of us know the true nature of the contract details, at first glance, MHJ got paid and didn't deliver on what he was supposed to. So, perhaps we should also be hammering him on not fulfilling his side of the contract/equation.

I hear a lot (not saying you personally) of people bitching about "Oh look how they are treating these kids" but they are forgetting that these "kids" have asked for this and now that they got it, they don't like the rules associated with it. These kids wanna play adult, well then welcome to the adult life where you pay taxes, have to do what your boss tells you to, have to honor a contract you sign (mortgage, loan, etc).

Can't have it both ways and yes, both sides can also be shitty in a situation like this.
While I don't disagree with you, I also don't give a shit about his finances, nor do I believe this would have affected his draft status one bit. It's pro sport business as usual. Entire thread is much ado about nothing outside of the 2 parties involved in the contract.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
While I don't disagree with you, I also don't give a shit about his finances, nor do I believe this would have affected his draft status one bit. It's pro sport business as usual. Entire thread is much ado about nothing outside of the 2 parties involved in the contract.

Oh yea, I am with you in that I don't really care about this situation. My point was more that I have seen a lot of posts about "Don't take advantage of these kids" and I am more like, they asked for it so now they got to take everything they asked for.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh yea, I am with you in that I don't really care about this situation. My point was more that I have seen a lot of posts about "Don't take advantage of these kids" and I am more like, they asked for it so now they got to take everything they asked for.
I get it but it's not only kids that renege or renegotiate.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not sure how the Bears dodged a pick they never had a shot at. >shrugs< Now if one thinks MHjr is a head case, it would be too early to tell. Is the fluffle about a contract re-negotiation tactic a worrisome issue? We have a court system to iron that out.

Reminds me of people freaking out about another high offensive draft year so they followed Pro Bowler Nelson around making clips of his first rookie games to prove how bad of a pick he was and they were glad we didn't take him. He went #6 we had #8, there was no chance to take him.
The only reason he was in the conversation was because the same morons were saying there's no way he or any other oline goes in the top 10.
The more they get proven wrong the more the idiots have to prove they were right in some twisted way.

Short of Chubb and the Bears doing their SOS with NoShoquan that year was almost as bad for defense shockingly falling out of the top 10 as this year.

A WR was the first non-QB taken and would've went higher all the way to #1 if there were no QBs worth it in this draft. Deal with it, losers, you don't know football outside of how to build a team that's worse than the Browns.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reminds me of people freaking out about another high offensive draft year so they followed Pro Bowler Nelson around making clips of his first rookie games to prove how bad of a pick he was and they were glad we didn't take him. He went #6 we had #8, there was no chance to take him.
The only reason he was in the conversation was because the same morons were saying there's no way he or any other oline goes in the top 10.
The more they get proven wrong the more the idiots have to prove they were right in some twisted way.

Short of Chubb and the Bears doing their SOS with NoShoquan that year was almost as bad for defense shockingly falling out of the top 10 as this year.

A WR was the first non-QB taken and would've went higher all the way to #1 if there were no QBs worth it in this draft. Deal with it, losers, you don't know football outside of how to build a team that's worse than the Browns.
Who is this consortium you are railing against? It's a near unanimous position that the OP pulled the fire alarm for attention.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Marvin Harrison Jr - This is not a commentary on his potential. He could and would likely be a pro bowler every season..

But his behaviour during the pre draft process (while many including me were focusing only on Caleb and calling him a diva), his refusal to sign the NFLPA marketing agreement (Fanatics sues Cardinals rookie Marvin Harrison Jr. for alleged breach of contract, per report) and now this... Fanatics files lawsuit against Cards WR Harrison Jr.

Bears were mocked in certain drafts to trade up for MHJ. The current regime seems to prefer character over talent and avoided Jalen Carter last season for character reasons and MHJ would also be creating a painful atmosphere. Maybe this is how the post NIL era is going to be but MHJ seems to be an off field pain..

I am glad we avoided it.. Go Rome.. set the world on fire
I have been somewhat surprised but all his actions leading up to and since the draft seems kind of flakey to me.
I was/am a big fan but am very happy we got Rome.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have been somewhat surprised but all his actions leading up to and since the draft seems kind of flakey to me.
I was/am a big fan but am very happy we got Rome.
He's a WR (Flake). I think we all feel lucky that the Rome fell to the Bear.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
Who is this consortium you are railing against? It's a near unanimous position that the OP pulled the fire alarm for attention.
I did no such thing.. I am posting threads like other people about stuff being posted in the media. And unless some of you are part of the Bears organization or directly connected to the players.. everyone has the same kind of information access. I posted an opinion. You can choose to disagree but saying it was for attention is a bit rich from someone who has over 40,000 posts on this forum.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
Marvin Harrison Jr - This is not a commentary on his potential. He could and would likely be a pro bowler every season..

But his behaviour during the pre draft process (while many including me were focusing only on Caleb and calling him a diva), his refusal to sign the NFLPA marketing agreement (Fanatics sues Cardinals rookie Marvin Harrison Jr. for alleged breach of contract, per report) and now this... Fanatics files lawsuit against Cards WR Harrison Jr.

Bears were mocked in certain drafts to trade up for MHJ. The current regime seems to prefer character over talent and avoided Jalen Carter last season for character reasons and MHJ would also be creating a painful atmosphere. Maybe this is how the post NIL era is going to be but MHJ seems to be an off field pain..

I am glad we avoided it.. Go Rome.. set the world on fire

Business is Business. Just because he has a different strategy from some of how he wants to negotiate his NFL contracts doesn't mean he won't turn out to be a great player. These off the fields negotiate has nothing to do with football.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did no such thing.. I am posting threads like other people about stuff being posted in the media. And unless some of you are part of the Bears organization or directly connected to the players.. everyone has the same kind of information access. I posted an opinion. You can choose to disagree but saying it was for attention is a bit rich from someone who has over 40,000 posts on this forum.
And you've probably already started more threads than I have in the last dozen years. Nice content in this post.(y)

Nowhere in the OP link is there any reference to MHJ being problematic for the team that drafted him. Those are personal business/marketing considerations. If he skipped Rookie mini camp, then there might be a story. He didn't. He also got measured and did medicals at the combine which Caleb did not. He did avoid things like the the S2 test after seeing what happened to Stroud.

While the Ohio State wide receiver did not take part in on-field drills or physical testing during the NFL Scouting Combine, Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated reported Monday he met with nine different teams and went through medicals at the event.

"He actually did ask a couple teams if there's anything they'd need to see at his pro day in Columbus, Ohio, later this month," Breer wrote. "One I talked to laughed at the notion."

Last edited:

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
And you've probably already started more threads than I have in the last dozen years. Nice content in this post.(y)

Nowhere in the OP link is there any reference to MHJ being problematic for the team that drafted him. Those are personal business/marketing considerations. If he skipped Rookie mini camp, then there might be a story. He didn't. He also got measured and did medicals at the combine which Caleb did not. He did avoid things like the the S2 test after seeing what happened to Stroud.

While the Ohio State wide receiver did not take part in on-field drills or physical testing during the NFL Scouting Combine, Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated reported Monday he met with nine different teams and went through medicals at the event.

"He actually did ask a couple teams if there's anything they'd need to see at his pro day in Columbus, Ohio, later this month," Breer wrote. "One I talked to laughed at the notion."
Some people like to start topics.. some like to comment on topics.. don't see how you are the judge of what is right and what is not..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some people like to start topics.. some like to comment on topics.. don't see how you are the judge of what is right and what is not..
Umm, you are the one that brought up post habits. Gee, what kind of people need attention enough to start topics already discussed or without merit? Now grab that shovel for the last word again.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Umm, you are the one that brought up post habits. Gee, what kind of people need attention enough to start topics already discussed or without merit? Now grab that shovel for the last word again.

lol. why you not rampagin and holding same rulez against @JordanSigler ?? You homeboy is the kingpin of dat brah, heh

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We already have a thread on contracts. Apparently its ok to break them when something better comes along.
You are comparing pears to mandarins

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol. why you not rampagin and holding same rulez against @JordanSigler ?? You homeboy is the kingpin of dat brah, heh
He has a sense of humor? Also, I had just offered him a correction a few minutes ago.