Michael Lombardi: Belief around the NFL is that Pace's job is safe.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Pace read the Good Book with Virginia?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s in hear 6 and still hasn’t put together a team
That can compete. What excuses do you have now?

I think he's put together a team, outside of the OL.

He, however, put together a terrible coaching staff.

Once again, I could see him stay or go. Acting like he didn't assemble talent is dumb. There IS talent on the offensive side, issue is nagy is a fucking scatter brain and they don't have the offensive line to block for his shitty scheme.

I want nagy gone 100%. I won't mind what happens with Pace. All I'm saying is I understand if he stays, because I have as well seen the good he's done. I also am not blinded to the shit he's fucked up.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So, if rumors are true, Nagy is out and Pace is staying. That would mean Pace would hire his 3rd head coach. The only GMs who have been able to hire 3 head coaches are:

Jerry Jones, who owns the team he GMs for
John Elway, who is the face of the franchise of nearly 40 years for the team he GMs for.

And Elway actually had to hire his 2nd coach because Kubiak had heart issues. Granted, he will likely get a 4th hire really soon. But that's the list of guys who have hired 3 coaches.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
Once again, no one was going to the playoffs the first few years he was here. No matter who he signed or who he got as HC.

His fantastic mid round picks are why this team is actually solid right now

The only bad contract I can think of right now is Danny T and Leno. Quinn has been a a massive miss thus far, but I guess we will see what happens going forward.

I don't think this offense is as far of as you do. They need an offensive line. Thats it. It's the major weakness. It's impossible to play NFL football without one on offense. They have enough talent on the skill positions to at least be decent if they had an actual NFL OL.

He also talked to all 3 of the top qb's, this has been proven. Mitch, a lot of teams were high on. I blame him for it as well, but would it really change things if he took jamal adams at 3 and took a scrub QB like Brad Kaaya in the 4th round? Instead of Mitch/Jackson?

Thats the way I see it. Sure he fucked that pick up, but he drafted a great safety in the 4th round instead. If it were flipped no one would cunt.

I agree with you, first couple of years of a rebuild it’s hard to evaluate. However He started his tenure with a rebuild, and five years later ran in circles and right back to a rebuild, but you have to be an absolute homer to think this offense just needs an “offensive line”. They need a full overhaul bro. The reality is this team is going back into rebuilding mode in a year or two.

BTW there’s between talking and actually going through the same process with every QB prospect. I don’t know if you read that Dan Wiederer article, but Pace used Watson to hide his interest in Trubisky. He didn’t invite to Halas, didn’t take him out to Dinner like he did Trubisky/Mahomes. If you’re not going to draft him, at least respect the process. You’re drafting a position that could change this franchise. Pace esstentially committed negligence. I don’t care, every GM has good picks, he did a terrible job constructing this team, that’s why he traded for Mack, not saying it was a bad move, but in hindsight pretty short sighted. He did a terrible job hiring the right personnel for this team. You’re saying they should keep him because he hit on a couple of late rounders? Phil Emery hit on late round picks, but still got fired.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think he's put together a team, outside of the OL.

He, however, put together a terrible coaching staff.

Once again, I could see him stay or go. Acting like he didn't assemble talent is dumb. There IS talent on the offensive side, issue is nagy is a fucking scatter brain and they don't have the offensive line to block for his shitty scheme.

I want nagy gone 100%. I won't mind what happens with Pace. All I'm saying is I understand if he stays, because I have as well seen the good he's done. I also am not blinded to the shit he's fucked up.

Pace has assembled some talent but has 100% neglected one side of the ball in 6 years. There’s no reason Pace should be back

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lynch has built a team that barring injuries is better than the Bears and in a shorter period of time.

Grier looks to have built a good Dolphins team in less time than the Bears.

Both those teams are defense first but more importantly the GM got big decisions right as Shanny with Niners and Flores with Dolphins look to be much better coaching hires than Nagy.

Pace has currently fucked up 2 coaching hires and the QB pick. Franchise QBs are falling out of the sky the past few years with Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Murray, Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Pace still managed to pick one of the duds it seems.

So year he has done some good things but if you aren't going to fire a GM for fucking up so royally at HC and QB then there really is no accountability within the organization.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many all pro type players has Ryan Pace selected?

Eddie Goldman
Roquan Smith
Eddie Jackson (reach but ok)
Floyd
possibly mooney / JJ but that's a super reach at this point

I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but that seems like it really sucks. I don't expect a roster to be filled with all pro players but keep saying 'worst team in franchise history' they had more than a handful of all pros to begin with (on offense). They had 5 on offense and 2 or 3 on defense.

He has built good depth on special teams and defense. Why do you think he had to hit FA so hard? This is just his drafting, not taken into consideration the whiffs in free agency and cap mismanagement.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Lynch has built a team that barring injuries is better than the Bears and in a shorter period of time.

Grier looks to have built a good Dolphins team in less time than the Bears.

Both those teams are defense first but more importantly the GM got big decisions right as Shanny with Niners and Flores with Dolphins look to be much better coaching hires than Nagy.

Pace has currently fucked up 2 coaching hires and the QB pick. Franchise QBs are falling out of the sky the past few years with Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Murray, Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Pace still managed to pick one of the duds it seems.

So year he has done some good things but if you aren't going to fire a GM for fucking up so royally at HC and QB then there really is no accountability within the organization.

agreed with the GM having to get the coach right first and foremost...the mahomes and watson picks are the only ones that really bother me...the bears never had a shot with allen, murray, burrow, herbert and tua...I love watching jackson play but i dont think he'll ever win a superbowl with his passing skills.

as for lynch and grier having built better teams faster, thats up for debate...if memory serves pace had jeffrey, fuller and long to work with...i think lynch had better pieces to work with...as for grier i know he had way more talent to trade away and stock pile picks to hasten the rebuild.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If McCaskey’s think so highly of the “Ryan Pace Vision”, maybe they should replace Phillips with Pace and then bring in a new GM that can do a better job of drafting.

DBB also says that Nagy is in serious trouble:

Think we've all seen by now that DBB is shit.

Not that Nagy isn't in serious trouble, But anyone can see that.

coolio

Liked Posts:
That Jeff guy drinks some of the best beers, I thought he was a poster on here but I think I got that wrong.

I can't see how Nagy is in the can and Pace isn't - that makes no sense in modern football terms. If the Bears from Phillips up get this wrong again I can't get excited about the future of this franchise, it'll just compound the mistakes made already.
It does make sense when you consider a backwards org

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
This just proves the McKaskeys, Sweaty Teddy and Pace know and care nothing about winning at football. They see it as a mom and pop family business where feelings are more valuable than winning.

They suck and don't deserve us as fans.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
How many all pro type players has Ryan Pace selected?

Eddie Goldman
Roquan Smith
Eddie Jackson (reach but ok)
Floyd
possibly mooney / JJ but that's a super reach at this point

I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but that seems like it really sucks. I don't expect a roster to be filled with all pro players but keep saying 'worst team in franchise history' they had more than a handful of all pros to begin with (on offense). They had 5 on offense and 2 or 3 on defense.

He has built good depth on special teams and defense. Why do you think he had to hit FA so hard? This is just his drafting, not taken into consideration the whiffs in free agency and cap mismanagement.

How would Jackson All Pro type be a reach, but Smith, Floyd and Goldman aren't when Jackson has been All Pro and they haven't even been to a probowler yet?

But anyway, it's really not as difficult as you're making it out to be. Pace actually has a pretty decent track record at drafting., just hasn't made enough picks. He also has a decent enough track record in free agency. But NONE of that matters. Teams go as the QB goes. QBs goes as the coaching goes. Nobody would care about signings like Glennon if Trubisky/Nagy were the right picks. Nobody would care about the cap mismanagement if Trubisky/Nagy were the right picks. Nobody would care about most of the other draft picks if Trubisky/Nagy were the right picks.

Bottom line is Pace blew QB and head coach picks. No need to really analyze every move. All the moves Pace has made were either to set up drafting Trubisky or because he had conviction that Trubisky was the guy.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This just proves the McKaskeys, Sweaty Teddy and Pace know and care nothing about winning at football. They see it as a mom and pop family business where feelings are more valuable than winning.

They suck and don't deserve us as fans.

Thank you. I'm collecting quotes like yours for ppl. who don't understand how Bear ownership works. How long have u suffered as a Bear fan?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
agreed with the GM having to get the coach right first and foremost...the mahomes and watson picks are the only ones that really bother me...the bears never had a shot with allen, murray, burrow, herbert and tua...I love watching jackson play but i dont think he'll ever win a superbowl with his passing skills.

as for lynch and grier having built better teams faster, thats up for debate...if memory serves pace had jeffrey, fuller and long to work with...i think lynch had better pieces to work with...as for grier i know he had way more talent to trade away and stock pile picks to hasten the rebuild.

I love watching jackson play but i dont think he'll ever win a superbowl with his passing skills.

Did u know....he was the #1 passer in 2019?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If they lose out, or maybe only win one more game the rest of the season, there's simply no way George can bring these guys back next season. I've always been under the assumption that they'll be back, barring a disaster, but that's exactly what this is turning into. You can't turn 5-1 into 5-11 or 6-10 and tell the fans everything is okay. You just can't.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They have to fire Nagy. If they retain Pace, it should be with the understanding that his #1 priority is to fix the offense. The draft/FA moves/trades/etc. have to be geared towards fixing the OL and QB situation.

With the cap situation and number of picks we have, he hasn't set himself up to be able to do that in 1 offseason. At the same time, handing this shitshow over to a new GM would not be a great situation for that new GM. So I don't know. Pace has failed, but I absolutely hate Nagy. If only Nagy gets the axe, I won't be too terribly upset. But I do feel that both Pace and Nagy need to go.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Did u know....he was the #1 passer in 2019?

and how did they do that year? jackson averaged about 27 attempts a game that year, bottom 5 in attempts, bottom 5 in yards per game which is expected with a very heavy run scheme. Against the titans jackson had 59 pass attempts, more than double his avg during the season. The run game got shut down in that game and the ravens fell behind and had to rely on jackson to pass his way out of it and he failed. Like i said, i love watching him play, juke players out of their pads and make amazing running moves but once they fall behind and their run game gets stuck in neutral, its over, jackson has not proven he can carry them with his arm if need be. Since its bye week for the bears i'll be watching the rematch of titans vs ravens sunday