Mid RD QBs

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ridder is the one worth a look.

Dead man walking

Liked Posts:
I think the QB to keep an eye on is the backup to Lawrence at Clemson. I can't remember his name. He damn near beat Notre Dame when Lawrence was out. Thing is he is only a freshman I believe

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still like Ridder and Newman the best of those. Ridder does a lot of stuff that translates pretty well to the next level. Newman has a ton of upside and great tools but lots of 1st read throws so hard to project. He's a real wild card with not playing last year and being raw even before that. I bet his stock will have a lot to do with how he does on a chalkboard and if he's gone to a QB school by the time he's throwing for scouts.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Still like Ridder and Newman the best of those. Ridder does a lot of stuff that translates pretty well to the next level. Newman has a ton of upside and great tools but lots of 1st read throws so hard to project. He's a real wild card with not playing last year and being raw even before that. I bet his stock will have a lot to do with how he does on a chalkboard and if he's gone to a QB school by the time he's throwing for scouts.

Yea, newman really hurt himself by not coming back to school this year. I can't see him go higher than the 3rd round. He's obviously got a nice toolbox of skills, but he's also got limited starts and like you said has a ton of red flags.

If we take either of those guys in the 3rd I won't be sad. That or trask in the 2nd. Either way, just take a swing at a QB so we can stop putting bray on the practice squad.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I would have to go with JT Daniels out of UGA.

Potentially a phenomenal class next year. I give Sam Howell the edge because he's done it for 2 years already. 25th start comes tomorrow, will go over 7000 yards and already has 65 TDs. His pace is better than Lawrence's who also started as a freshman in the same conference. He's also added the ground game this year.

But there's also a bunch of highly talented guys that will be eligible and could take that next step to become an elite prospect. Spencer Rattler from Oklahoma, Jayden Daniels of Arizona St, JT Daniels, Kedon Slovis from USC. Then there's some sleepers like Carson Strong from Nevada.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Potentially a phenomenal class next year. I give Sam Howell the edge because he's done it for 2 years already. 25th start comes tomorrow, will go over 7000 yards and already has 65 TDs. His pace is better than Lawrence's who also started as a freshman in the same conference. He's also added the ground game this year.

But there's also a bunch of highly talented guys that will be eligible and could take that next step to become an elite prospect. Spencer Rattler from Oklahoma, Jayden Daniels of Arizona St, JT Daniels, Kedon Slovis from USC. Then there's some sleepers like Carson Strong from Nevada.

Potentially, yea.

You never know, this time in their sophmore seasons both kizer/kaaya were season as first rounder and that didn't pan out too well. Howell def is going top 3 tho unless he gets hurt or has a drastic regression.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
None of those guys move the needle. But, if I was going to take a flyer on a guy...I’d go kellen mond in the like 5th round.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Slovis was very promising but had a meh year in 2020. I like his game though, cool in the pocket, never looks like he's forcing things, but he's not a special talent physically. Tyler Shough is a guy that hasn't been mentioned who is also interesting, big pocket passer who need to prove that he can create when things break down.

Howell is the front runner right now as has been mentioned.

I'm pretty excited to really watch Ridder today against GA. I've seen a couple of his games, he's pretty raw but has all the tools and flashes of really good awareness and field vision on the move. I also think Kellen Mond is a guy to look at in the 4th/5th, but he just doesn't have much of ceiling. Steady, battle tested dude who I think would make a capable back up though.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Slovis was very promising but had a meh year in 2020. I like his game though, cool in the pocket, never looks like he's forcing things, but he's not a special talent physically. Tyler Shough is a guy that hasn't been mentioned who is also interesting, big pocket passer who need to prove that he can create when things break down.

I'm pretty excited to really watch Ridder today against GA. I've seen a couple of his games, he's pretty raw but has all the tools and flashes of really good awareness and field vision on the move. I also think Kellen Mond is a guy to look at in the 4th/5th, but he just doesn't have much of ceiling. Steady, battle tested dude who I think would make a capable back up though.
I'm interested in watching Ridder today, as well. He actually does a lot of similar things as Mitch, and may have some of the same deep ball struggles, but I think he has potential. Is at least intriguing as a backup. I know it's early but what round is he projected?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm interested in watching Ridder today, as well. He actually does a lot of similar things as Mitch, and may have some of the same deep ball struggles, but I think he has potential. Is at least intriguing as a backup. I know it's early but what round is he projected?
I think he's projected to about the 3rd right now.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Ah good call on Shough. I knew I was forgetting someone. Yeah, big game for Ridder. A strong performance and I think he could be a legit QB5 option.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Nevada's Carson Strong......6-4 215. Accurate passer with good size, and mobility.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dont know enough about the qbs this upcoming year, but i think it cant be higher than the 4th as "we" will need to fill many needs.

We say this every year. How can the Qb not be a "many needs." Qb has to be dealt with.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ah good call on Shough. I knew I was forgetting someone. Yeah, big game for Ridder. A strong performance and I think he could be a legit QB5 option.

Ridder is junior. Is he leaving?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

My assumption is he is leaving. 3-year starter. He's not playing in an offense that can really help him develop his game for the NFL level. Only reason for him to come back would be to win a national title, and an undefeated season this year wasn't even enough for the playoffs this year, so that's a longshot at best.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

My assumption is he is leaving. 3-year starter. He's not playing in an offense that can really help him develop his game for the NFL level. Only reason for him to come back would be to win a national title, and an undefeated season this year wasn't even enough for the playoffs this year, so that's a longshot at best.

I'm watching him now vs Georgia. He looks decent. He's moved around well under pressure and made some plays.
We'll have to stay tuned and see if he decides to declare.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think all those guys but ridder are an easy pass.....and only him dependant on his measurements.....he looks rail thin and if he is and his frame can't add 10-20 lbs then he's probably a long shot .....interesting to see how he does vs uga tomm

He's NFL ready......meathead who can't add, subtract or know how to win a game.

Snaps ball with 10 and 11 left on clock in last 2 mins with a lead..then follows orders and passed with 134 left vs running when 0 timeouts left for opponent.

If he snaps at 1 (like he should) both times and they run on 3rd and 2 and then punt (like they did anyway)...uga would have had 25-30 secs for their last drive vs 130

Meatheads at their finest.