Might as well trade Allen Robinson

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Any idea where they sit currently?
They are running out of options, have to be under by tomorrow......
They'll cut Akiem Hicks and restructure Kyle Fuller. There's just no way they rescind the tag and let Robinson II hit free agency to accomodate Andy Dalton. They might as well all quit their jobs now if that's the plan.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Which team might that be, most of the teams with the cap to do it have already filled out their WR needs. Not sure there is any team that wants to pay AR 20 mil, he has overvalued himself.

My guess would be The Colts or the Dolphins.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll cut Akiem Hicks and restructure Kyle Fuller. There's just no way they rescind the tag and let Robinson II hit free agency to accomodate Andy Dalton. They might as well all quit their jobs now if that's the plan.
They can't force a restructure on Fuller, that might take some time. Hicks they can cut. Again, they have to be under by tomorrow..

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I'm mad as hell at signing Dalton, but at this point you sit tight and see what else you can do to move up in the draft. Trade defensive talent first. Guys like Hicks and even Fuller should be on the trade block. If you can make a move into the top 10 you do all you can to make it happen. Also you keep your eyes open on receivers you can pick up in free agency.

But no way do I expect Robinson to suit up and want to play for Dalton. I wouldn't ask him to do that. You are basically giving up on resigning him if thats the plan.
Pace probably wants to keep his job.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yep thats a back-up salary. 1 year 10mil. Daniel received 7 million guaranteed.

Again I ask, what leads anyone to think Dalton was signed to be the starter?

At this point nobody knows what he was signed for exactly but ya gotta think that he was given the job unless they still somehow got a better QB in a trade cause there's no QB in the draft that they're gonna give the starting job to.

I love all the whining about this signing but nobody seems to have any REALISTIC better options they could of done after they sat waiting on Seattle and watched Jameis and Fitzpatrick sign elsewhere. They wanted to make sure they had one of the better veteran options that were out there to make sure they didn't get left with nothing so they made a move to get Dalton on a one year deal.

People cry just to be able to cry but don't have good answers for why. None of us wanted A.Dalton to be our starter but if you can't get D.Watson or R.Wilson or D.Carr or whoever else some wanted us to trade for then go get someone that has had good seasons in this league while you still have a shot and then see if you can do something to move up in the draft without hurting the future. If you can't then grab one in the 2nd or 3rd or later and if you still have a job next year then try again.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They can't force a restructure on Fuller, that might take some time. Hicks they can cut. Again, they have to be under by tomorrow..

I'm sure they already knew exactly what they're gonna do before they signed Dalton so i don't see it as an issue.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Robinson is not a burner, and Dalton is fairly accurate in the short and medium throws, so perhaps they actually work out well. Mooney might be the one that suffers from a QB that can not hit the long ball any longer.

We have a long way to go in the offseason, but after reading the article about Seattle turning down our very good offer it looks like Dalton, Foles (not sure he is going anywhere) and a Rookie might be the QB room this year.