Mike Glennon 2017 Stat Prediction

AussieBear

The more I see this Bears team construction, the more I see a TE and a QB in round 1 and 2 of the draft.

QB can wait. Til later in rds 3-5. Need a back up tho. Foles...kap....rgiii...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

no.....a QB can not wait........the contract they gave Glennon is telling you they are drafting a QB......and this team needs a playmaker on offense.......

AussieBear

no.....a QB can not wait........the contract they gave Glennon is telling you they are drafting a QB......and this team needs a playmaker on offense.......

The contract they gave him is for three yrs. Not one. Why not just sign a one yr contract. Glennon is the maker of plays. Get him some weapons. Rookie qb can wait a few rds

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The contract they gave him is for three yrs. Not one. Why not just sign a one yr contract. Glennon is the maker of plays. Get him some weapons. Rookie qb can wait a few rds

It is a one year prove it deal based on guaranteed money and insurance against a rookie they draft.

AussieBear

It is a one year prove it deal based on guaranteed money and insurance against a rookie they draft.

Yeah they can draft a rookie, not saying they won't. but it doesn't have to be rd one or two. Unless the Peterman rise is real. He and kaaya can be had from 3 on. He'll Chad Kelly could be his boy even later.

Prove it deals can be 1 year deals. Prince just signed one. Why not a 3 yr prove it deal.

Luke

Liked Posts:

I'm pretty sure this is the way that Pace is looking at it. As Mullin said, it will be BPA every round.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah they can draft a rookie, not saying they won't. but it doesn't have to be rd one or two. Unless the Peterman rise is real. He and kaaya can be had from 3 on. He'll Chad Kelly could be his boy even later.

Prove it deals can be 1 year deals. Prince just signed one. Why not a 3 yr prove it deal.

Because they can jettison him after one.....If they draft the QB they want, I believe the Bears hope to move on from Glennon after year one.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because they can jettison him after one.....If they draft the QB they want, I believe the Bears hope to move on from Glennon after year one.

I kinda see what you're saying but i have to disagree. I don't think the Bears hope to move on from him after year one. I look at it as Pace thinks Glennon might be underrated and will give him a year to show what he can do. If he does well, he keeps him and keeps starting him until the rookie is ready. At which point Glennon/rookie can be traded. If he truly just wanted a qb for 1 year, Glennon would have had a 1 year contract or he would have chosen someone cheaper than Glennon.

Luke

Liked Posts:
MG isn't your typical bridge QB like Hoyer is, as the contract indicates. Pace is giving him every chance to prove that he can become a viable long term starting QB for the Bears. He isn't drafting a QB at 3 for sure and probably not 36 unless that QB is rated highest on his board and that seems doubtful.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Glennon is a "maker of plays" . . .

. . . Optimism and enthusiasm is fine, but this guy has gotta be trollin' with all this pro-Glennon stuff . . .

AussieBear

Replied in the other thread. Same reply.

AussieBear

Glennon is a "maker of plays" . . .

. . . Optimism and enthusiasm is fine, but this guy has gotta be trollin' with all this pro-Glennon stuff . . .

Glennons gonna bring da fans back. Gonna be soo much need for bear anything. Ur gonna start ur very own messageboard.

Kids gonna wanna be like Mike again. Dat 6'6 chicagoan Gonna be dropping dimes all yr long. Youre gonna cheer so hard. Very hard. Real hard... So happy ill be. Really happy. The happiest ever

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kinda see what you're saying but i have to disagree. I don't think the Bears hope to move on from him after year one. I look at it as Pace thinks Glennon might be underrated and will give him a year to show what he can do. If he does well, he keeps him and keeps starting him until the rookie is ready. At which point Glennon/rookie can be traded. If he truly just wanted a qb for 1 year, Glennon would have had a 1 year contract or he would have chosen someone cheaper than Glennon.

They would not commit to him at the press conference. If they Bears draft a QB in round 1 or 2 I guarantee you they want someone better and will expect it from a high draft choice.

AussieBear

They would not commit to him at the press conference. If they Bears draft a QB in round 1 or 2 I guarantee you they want someone better and will expect it from a high draft choice.

They could have kept Jay n drafted said rookie @3.

But keep holding on to dat hope. We know u hate blue eyed, orange haired giants.

Yes he's fucking blue n orange. Ghod is trying to make it easy for peeps to get. Ghod is a bears fan and has finally intervened through the body of pace. It's the bears time again

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could have kept Jay n drafted said rookie @3.

No....that ship sailed........they knew what they had in Cutler.....They needed to get younger with more potential. While Glennon could be potentially better than Jay the Bears are not banking on this........

AussieBear

No....that ship sailed........they knew what they had in Cutler.....They needed to get younger with more potential. While Glennon could be potentially better than Jay the Bears are not banking on this........

Wouldn't matter if the goal is to draft a qb at 3. Bench Jay mid season n play the rookie. Hell start the rookie from day one. Damn you're really praying huh. Ur gonna be disappointed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jay is toxic at this point. Glennon gives them an extra bite at the apple.

Pace is going to draft the QB he likes at whatever time he thinks he can get him, whether it's #3 or round 3 (doubtful they get out of day two without picking one). The only impact Glennon has on the draft is that Pace can now pick anyone he likes rather than being pressured to pick someone from a pro style offense who might be ready to start week 1 but doesn't have as much talent.

Glennon is here to hold down the fort until the rookie is ready. If he turns out to be anything more than a competent placeholder, it's gravy and they can adjust their plans appropriately if necessary.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Behind Bears tackles? He won't last 8 weeks.

Under 1600 yards. 6 TD's, 11 Int imo

AussieBear

Jay is toxic at this point. Glennon gives them an extra bite at the apple.

Pace is going to draft the QB he likes at whatever time he thinks he can get him, whether it's #3 or round 3 (doubtful they get out of day two without picking one). The only impact Glennon has on the draft is that Pace can now pick anyone he likes rather than being pressured to pick someone from a pro style offense who might be ready to start week 1 but doesn't have as much talent.

Glennon is here to hold down the fort until the rookie is ready. If he turns out to be anything more than a competent placeholder, it's gravy and they can adjust their plans appropriately if necessary.

glennon is here to be the starter. anyone else is back up material...

i said a rookie rd three on... mofo was talking they have to take a qb 1st or 2nd... and no, they dont have to draft qb in the 1st or 2nd.. on the needs list its way down it now... they have a franchise guy now... but it starts to register some cause a back up is needed

Luke

Liked Posts:
glennon is here to be the starter. anyone else is back up material... i said a rookie rd three on... mofo was talking they have to take a qb 1st or 2nd... and no, they dont have to draft qb in the 1st or 2nd.. on the needs list its way down it now... they have a franchise guy now.

this!