Mike McCarthy ready to drop bombs on the Bears

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
The Southside really isn't all that bad in certain areas. Sure, it has its trailer scum, but is that really worse than the skinny jean wearing, bike riding, culturally 'Enlightened' Northsiders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Southside really isn't all that bad in certain areas. Sure, it has its trailer scum, but is that really worse than the skinny jean wearing, bike riding, culturally 'Enlightened' Northsiders?

That sounds like Portland.

Liked Posts:
Cobbs the 'match up nightmare' they'll move him around, but that's standard, isn't it? The key is stopping Nelson catch the ball. Oh and sacking Erin.

That's what I believe. When I do see Packers games it's Nelson that just kills opposing defenses at key times in games. Teams seem to look to put a heavier emphasis on stopping Cobb, but it seems like Nelson is a WR that can & will do equal damage.

Up until last season the Bears defenses actually played fairly well against the Packers offense, unfortunately the Bears cannot just sit on Rogers throwing ball anymore, the Pack has wreaking ball HB now that can & will do a lot of damage. The Bears really need at least one of these new LB's to really step up, especially in the middle. Not just for dropping back down the seam, but to also be a presence in the box that can line up & hold the A Gap in order to help create 1 on 1's for the D-Linemen.

Conte has been taken behind the woodshed from this fan base for how things ended vs. the Pack last season, but I don't believe that completely fair. Going into that game everyone new the Bears defense stunk & that the offense needed to really needed to have a better than normal outing than what they did with fewer mistakes than what they had. I do believe the days of the Bears having a top 5-10 defense are at least a year or two away depending on a few different circumstances moving forward. But that doesn't mean they won't still have a solid or even a good defense moving forward. I just believe the offense going to need to put 30+ a game week in and out. At least this season.

Celks

Liked Posts:
"I just believe the offense going to need to put 30+ a game week in and out. At least this season."

I think its the complete opposite and believe the defense cant allow 30 points a game for us to have success this season. Our offense is going to succeed but how far we go will be determined by the improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
"I just believe the offense going to need to put 30+ a game week in and out. At least this season."

I think its the complete opposite and believe the defense cant allow 30 points a game for us to have success this season. Our offense is going to succeed but how far we go will be determined by the improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

I think that if the defense is, at least, an average unit, this team will be in the playoffs.

Liked Posts:

I would say both obviously, of course a team needs to prevent more points than they actually score. I would debate the Bears are clearly more talented on offensive side of the ball now, than they are on the defensive. I believe they are. If that is the case they need to play to their full potential & put up 30+ every week. If Emery is building a team on offense in an era the league seems to be geared towards offensive play, then the Bears need to utilize the strongest points of the team & score a lot of points, & right now Marshall, Jeffery, & Forte IMO, are clearly the best players on the Bears entire team right now.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's time to sweep the goddamn fudgepackers. Fuck those guys.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
the only way the packers would be able to "bomb" the bears as both teams stand now is if we fail to stop eddie lacy. keep the packers 1-dimensional and DONT TURN THE BALL OVER and the packers become very beatable.

the bears are more capable of beating the packers than they have been since rodgers took the helm. mccarthy was an idiot for making these comments

Celks

Liked Posts:
I would say both obviously, of course a team needs to prevent more points than they actually score. I would debate the Bears are clearly more talented on offensive side of the ball now, than they are on the defensive. I believe they are. If that is the case they need to play to their full potential & put up 30+ every week. If Emery is building a team on offense in an era the league seems to be geared towards offensive play, then the Bears need to utilize the strongest points of the team & score a lot of points, & right now Marshall, Jeffery, & Forte IMO, are clearly the best players on the Bears entire team right now.

I completely agree with you but our offense is going to keep us in games no matter what, they will be that talented once again. If the league is geared towards offense play then our defense needs to cut their PPG down a lot, taking pressure off the offense. A lot of our points came from playing catch up ad the defense in a loose prevent type look.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
the only way the packers would be able to "bomb" the bears as both teams stand now is if we fail to stop eddie lacy. keep the packers 1-dimensional and DONT TURN THE BALL OVER and the packers become very beatable.

the bears are more capable of beating the packers than they have been since rodgers took the helm. mccarthy was an idiot for making these comments

The Bears have kept the Packers one dimensional for years and still lost, now that they have a running game, I don't think it will be as easy as it once was to keep GB one dimensional.

Mitchapalooza

SOUTHSIDE OR DIE

Liked Posts:
I completely agree with you but our offense is going to keep us in games no matter what, they will be that talented once again. If the league is geared towards offense play then our defense needs to cut their PPG down a lot, taking pressure off the offense. A lot of our points came from playing catch up ad the defense in a loose prevent type look.

Yes I get that. Your stating the obvious. How about the offense take a little pressure off from the defense for a change. Defense has carried this franchise for years. When a defense has to spend as much time on the field as the Bears defense had to, it's no wonder they finally broke down to wear & tear the way they did in 2013. The league average for points scored last season was roughly 23 points per game, so a lot of defenses are giving up more points than what they used to average few years back.

Personally I don't believe the Bears will have a top 10 defense by the end of 2014 during a clear rebuild phase. If that is the case they will need to average close to 30 pts a game like they did last season.

Celks

Liked Posts:
The Bears have kept the Packers one dimensional for years and still lost, now that they have a running game, I don't think it will be as easy as it once was to keep GB one dimensional.

When we were able to keep the Packers one dimensional our offense was in the shitter (Cant beat teams without scoring points) and your running game only had success vs the Bears when we had a depleted defense that ranked last in rushing. I think its going to be much easier to keep the Packers one dimensional again with a very well rounded offense and a defense that will be improved from 2013. The defense has always played pretty well verse Rodgers and I think they will continue that next season.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
that was before our offense had the ability to score at will. the packers will have to play catch up with us instead of the other way around at this point. as long as we can stop the run game and limit turnovers.

Celks

Liked Posts:
Yes I get that. Your stating the obvious. How about the offense take a little pressure off from the defense for a change. Defense has carried this franchise for years. When a defense has to spend as much time on the field as the Bears defense had to, it's no wonder they finally broke down to wear & tear the way they did in 2013. The league average for points scored last season was roughly 23 points per game, so a lot of defenses are giving up more points than what they used to average few years back.

Personally I don't believe the Bears will have a top 10 defense by the end of 2014 during a clear rebuild phase. If that is the case they will need to average close to 30 pts a game like they did last season.

Of course I am stating the obvious and thats because without good defensive play the Bears will get nowhere again this year. We saw what happened last year when the offense had to carry the defense, an 8-8 mediocre season. The defense broke down last year well before "playing time" and "being on the field too much" were a factor. The Bears offensive points per game were well above the league average, no one should be worried about that side of the ball unless serious injuries occur. We dont need a top 10 defense for the Bears to succeed, we just need them to improve their points given up per game. The defense gave up like 28 points per game, lowering that number is needed more then raising the bar for the offense.

Liked Posts:

Yep. Every single offseason, posters have a new reason(s) for why the Bears are finally going to be able to beat the Packers, & every year the Bears seem to come up short, especially when it's a crucial game like last seasons ending. When it comes to winning against the Pack, I believe that after hearing 4 different off seasons of faith in reasoning for why the Bears are finally going to beat the Pack, only to end up with 4 straight seasons of disappointment, is exactly why anyone who's skeptical has earned the right to just sit back & state they'll finally believe when they see it.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

I was driving through Wrigleyville last night. The amount of hipsters was disgusting.