Miller: Carter to Bears at #9 (if available)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Poles can get a LT good enough for you to say the oline is cured and only needs a RT I'm sure he can pick up a 3T for you in the 5th too. Was last year's draft supposed to be so stacked at LT that everyone was waiting for the 5th?

Problem is we have an RT not LT. We need an LT who is good enough to start because Poles hasn't done anything to address that other than throwing a bunch of shit at the fan to see what would stick. One did.

Defense is never a need in the modern NFL.
All your pass rush is going to do is rack up 15yd penalties for tackling the QB or fail to rack up holding penalties against them. We've already been through this. Why do you want to keep on repeating it? Do you like rooting for a losing team? You must.

Do you want to wait until Fields is no longer here to find his replacement in a year we don't have 2 firsts to trade up and don't next year's god of a QB coming up?
So instead of 2 firsts you'll trade 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a future 1st and 2nd? Genius. Do you really miss Pace that much?
Or would you rather sign Fields to $26m/yr before we know what he can do so we're locked into paying whether he can do it or not? If that's your choice you must be the one person who misses Emery.
I was the Cutler fan and even I said that was stupid with him holding many Bears records, but here you are wanting to do it with a QB who has only proven he can run for his life and get sacked 55 times doing it while making it to last place in an NFL season.

And knowing the Bears they still won't have protection for that rookie whether he comes next year or the year after.
And each of those years there will be those on CCS claiming that pass rush must be taken 1st because they're BPA and defense is a need just like they have been doing every year for the last 11 years (and probably longer than that).
This is diarrhea.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This would be a near perfect draft if the Bears could nab Jalen Carter. He’s the guy they would have initially probably drafted at #1 before the trade up and car incident. I’m not saying he doesn’t come with major risks, but he might be the most talented player in the entire draft. And a massive need on top of that.

IMO, him and Gonzalez are the best players in this draft class. But 3T is such a major need that Carter becomes the no brainer pick at #9, at least talent wise.
It's why I wouldn't hate on the CB at 9 if it fell that way but I think the fall off at 3 tech would really limit the Bear after. If that happened, I could see them trade up in 2 for DT and then taking their T with whichever pic was left on day 2.

I have some issue with that since this team needs multiple projected starters. You can get things like RB in 4 but would you want to pass on Mims or Achane before that in this O? I don't think Achane will be there at the top of 4 but I'd love that. I don't like Charbonnet nearly as much as he's projected. I'd really prefer to see the Bear acquire more early picks if their guy isn't there at 9 and have more rolls of the dice instead of fewer.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Bears gave up the most points in the NFL last year and it would have been even worse had they thrown more and not run clock. 60% run ratio. Why would I expect anything more from you than a knee jerk nonsensical response that lacks any comprehension of the post that you're responding to.

T is very deep in this draft. I want one on day 2. 3-tech is very shallow. I want one before 53. If the board falls that T is what they draft in one, and they have a sleeper 3-tech targeted elsewhere, I won't complain as I give drafts a while to determine themselves but to not be able to address that point with any substance and simply come back with a rant days later would have me concerned about you if I actually gave a shit.

Know what else we gave up the most of? Sacks.

While giving up the most points we were still in most of those games. Do something to keep Fields upright and we win those games.
The nonsense is from you trying to relive a game that was possible with rules that existed 15 years ago and hasn't been successful for the Bears for 38 years and 15 some odd years before that.
Get the rules changed back and I will happily say we need defense and 3-0 winning scores again.

What you'll end up with is Lovie not allowing the other team to score but us still not being able to outscore the other team.

Of course, left tackles are always deep in the draft for fans who can't figure out why our QB is sacked so often and blame the QB. I don't recall a year I've ever heard the brain dead Bears fans saying offense should be taken first.
We just had Mack and Smith using up years of top picks. What did it get us? But keep repeating that mistake, it might work out one of these centuries.

But at least I must've called out the BS of it taking top talent to pass rush but anyone can beat the top talent pass rush to protect the QB enough that you've stopped spouting it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eventually I've soured on every Bears GM since Jim Finks, along with the rest of the fan base. But the honeymoon is not over for Poles and I will basically give him room to do his job until he reveals himself to be a hero or a goat.

If Carter falls (unlikely at this point) I'll trust Poles' judgement on taking him or not. What else can I do anyway?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Know what else we gave up the most of? Sacks.

While giving up the most points we were still in most of those games. Do something to keep Fields upright and we win those games.
The nonsense is from you trying to relive a game that was possible with rules that existed 15 years ago and hasn't been successful for the Bears for 38 years and 15 some odd years before that.
Get the rules changed back and I will happily say we need defense and 3-0 winning scores again.

What you'll end up with is Lovie not allowing the other team to score but us still not being able to outscore the other team.

Of course, left tackles are always deep in the draft for fans who can't figure out why our QB is sacked so often and blame the QB. I don't recall a year I've ever heard the brain dead Bears fans saying offense should be taken first.
We just had Mack and Smith using up years of top picks. What did it get us? But keep repeating that mistake, it might work out one of these centuries.

But at least I must've called out the BS of it taking top talent to pass rush but anyone can beat the top talent pass rush to protect the QB enough that you've stopped spouting it.
OMG, your tunnel vision is palpable. There are highly rated Ts available later. No one is ignoring the need, I never ignored it and said to take on in 2, perhaps with a trade up if special falls. 3-tech may be the weakest position in this draft. You get them where you can. Ignoring positional depth in drafts is a fool's game and that doesn't mean they can't take a T in 1. Like I said, they may be targeting a sleeper 3-tech later or be willing to trade up for one they think will still be in 2 but as laymen we won't see that potential so you do what you can to get the most value while filling needs from any draft.

The 1st 5 players and 1/2 of last year's 1st round were Defensive players. Professional GMs do not agree with you but what do they know?

Outside of QB which is obviously a unique position, do you think more O or D players will be taken by pick #9? Come on, genius, tell me how dumb GMs are about this.

Last edited:

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
OMG, your tunnel vision is palpable. There are highly rated Ts available later. No one is ignoring the need, you take one early. 3-tech may be the weakest position in this draft. You get them where you can. Ignoring positional depth in drafts id a fool's game and that doesn't mean they can't take a T in 1. Like I said, they may be targeting a sleeper 3-tech later but as laymen we won't see that potential so you do what you can to get the most value while filling needs from any draft.

The 1st 5 players and 1/2 of last year's 1st round were Defensive players. Professional GMs do not agree with you but what do they know?

Outside of QB which is obviously a unique position, do you think more O or D players will be taken by our pick #9? Come on, genius, tell me how dumb GMs are about this.

No matter who the Bears draft, someone here will be angsty over whom the Bears didn't draft.

That's just how it always goes.

I'll just wait and see what happens, and then I'll wait and see how it turns out. No one here really knows, although some are loathe to admit it.

:)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No matter who the Bears draft, someone here will be angsty over whom the Bears didn't draft.

That's just how it always goes.

I'll just wait and see what happens, and then I'll wait and see how it turns out. No one here really knows, although some are loathe to admit it.

:)
Same here. They have so much more research and info on these prospects. The Athletic ranks DL the biggest need as edge than T but I'd disagree for 2 reasons. If you can get a VG 3-tech, all your DEs look better in this D and our DEs were projects that are still developing, may arrive this year but we've got nothing at 3-tech. We obviously also very much need a T but even if they don't draft a starter there, guess who's 1st on the waver wire with lots of cash when another team dumps a RT salary. Nobody dumps a dominant 3-tech unless a distraction.

To be clear, I want a T by 64 but all is not lost if it doesn't happen. I'll have questions but this board will fricking explode, LOL.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Same here. They have so much more research and info on these prospects. The Athletic ranks DL the biggest need as edge than T but I'd disagree for 2 reasons. If you can get a VG 3-tech, all your DEs look better in this D and our DEs were projects that are still developing, may arrive this year but we've got nothing at 3-tech. We obviously also very much need a T but even if they don't draft a starter there, guess who's 1st on the waver wire with lots of cash when another team dumps a RT salary. Nobody dumps a dominant 3-tech unless a distraction.

To be clear, I want a T by 64 but all is not lost if it doesn't happen. I'll have questions but this board will fricking explode, LOL.

Yes.

And factor in the unknowable - Future injuries.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears gave up the most points in the NFL last year and it would have been even worse had they thrown more and not run clock. 60% run ratio. Why would I expect anything more from you than a knee jerk nonsensical response that lacks any comprehension of the post that you're responding to.

T is very deep in this draft. I want one on day 2. 3-tech is very shallow. I want one before 53. If the board falls that T is what they draft in one, and they have a sleeper 3-tech targeted elsewhere, I won't complain as I give drafts a while to determine themselves but to not be able to address that point with any substance and simply come back with a rant days later would have me concerned about you if I actually gave a shit.

Says who? Who are these great day 2 tackles?

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If only drafts could be as simple as you are. 3-tech DT may be the weakest position in this draft and is also our greatest need. It's a deep T draft and will be a lot easier to pick up a viable RT later. Same with Edge. Obviously, you don't fuck your entire board to do things like that but you also get picks in that trade down. I know that many here will be upset if Poles goes D (if Carter and Wilson are gone) with the 1st pick after last year's draft but he couldn't give a shit. He'll do what he feels is overall best for this team.

He already got his 1st round WR in trade and the DL is a bigger problem than the OL right now. There will be lots of highly rated Ts in our 2nd and 3rd round picks this year plus , Poles will also gain a pick to trade up in 2 if there's one he prefers. There will be no projected top 3 techs by 53. It's a draft, so maybe they have a DE targeted that they think can play inside and available with a later pick but we don't know that.

Keion White is a guy I haven't seen projected there that I think could be moved inside at 3-tech and might still be on the board at 53 but it's not a given. Van Ness shows a ton of potential and is quick off the snap. He'd need to get lower but probably can. Neither is likely an instant 3-tech fix inside though they would help immediately, would likely take a year to become a more proto 3 tech if it ever happened.

Our greatest need is protecting JF1 and determining if he's worth 50+ mil a year in a year or two. Some 3 tech that won't even play every down is definitely NOT our greatest need.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
There are highly rated Ts available later.

But I'm not seeing that except from you or someone cherry picking to justify talent for defense, bodies for offense AGAIN. And you failed to answer what all those top picks going to defense in Mack and Smith got us. We literally have nothing to show for it, well except the #1 pick and the trade that brought.
You can't can't see past your own blinders that every year it ends up being the year to get defense

I'm seeing that we can get a top LT with #9. If not there we don't get get a top LT. We get an also ran that may or may not work out. What I'm hearing is you telling me because he may be better than the absolute crap we've had at OT since forever he'll be great. It's kind of the same thing people are selling Braxton on, hey he's better than Leno so he must be OK.

Whenever Anderson has fallen in a sim I've taken him. I'm not stupid like you want to believe. He's not a problem. Carter is. Maybe Bears can turn him around and keep him out of prison or maybe they can't. It's an awful big risk on someone who's already dipping his toes in that prison pool.

This year it depends on how many QBs. Top 5 with 3 QBs doesn't leave much room. Before us it will probably be close with a 1 player edge going to defense because there are also a lot of GMs that you think you're smarter than too.
Bijan and Skoronski, Anderson, Carter and Murphy should go before us. The last one is a toss up between D (DE, CB), O (OT, WR) or QB.

It's why if this year is the SOS for the Bears I'm going to go find one of those teams that gives a crap about having an offense rather than clinging to a history from the 1940s assuming I pay any attention to the NFL outside of Super Bowl parties. It's not as one sided for D like you want to claim. And the teams that put more value on offense win more. I'm sick of rooting for a team that's worse than the Browns. You must enjoy it since you can't identify the glaring problem.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hbo makes it sound not too good, "spinmaster may not be able to talk his way out of"

As I'm trying to type some tidbits...Ya'll gotta watch it or not. Drew used the Carter visiting Bears narrative via Adam Schefter to work his own angle and to keep Carter in top ten talks.
So far seems like Hbo is putting both Drew andCarter on blast.

Drew's a fucking snake, Clear lies showcased .. is controlling where carter lands.
Wants him in top ten regardless, Knows social media will eat it up.
Hbo brings up the Willis McGahee situation on drew being hellbent to get him drafted high, drew staged his own "media blitz".

Drew has a crazy super hero figurine collection tho.

Carter has a BREADMAN tat...lmfao.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Says who? Who are these great day 2 tackles?
Just going by what pundits are saying and with that said. I certainly won't complain about a T in 1. I haven't watched the 2nd tier Ts like I was looking for possible 3-techs. Historically, the success rate of 2nd round Ts is significantly higher than DT and in this case , it would be a unique type of DT. OT is the highest hit rate in round 1 and by a significant margin so there's that for likely getting a sure thing. It's simply a matter of how you see the risk/reward ratio and how strongly you feel about getting a top 3-tech. I'd be fine with a T in one but to say that's the only good choice is tunnel vision. I'd prefer a 3-tech before 53 and think Poles and Cunningham will be better able to successfully target OL after 1. No biggy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just going by what pundits are saying and with that said. I certainly won't complain about a T in 1. I haven't watched the 2nd tier Ts like I was looking for possible 3-techs. Historically, the success rate of 2nd round Ts is significantly higher than DT and in this case , it would be a unique type of DT. OT is the highest hit rate in round 1 and by a significant margin so there's that for likely getting a sure thing. It's simply a matter of how you see the risk/reward ratio and how strongly you feel about getting a top 3-tech. I'd be fine with a T in one but to say that's the only good choice is tunnel vision. I'd prefer a 3-tech before 53 and think Poles and Cunningham will be better able to successfully target OL after 1. No biggy.

That’s definitely something I’m considering. Poles can’t swing and miss with his first ever 1st round pick. Taking Carter for example is a huge huge risk.

I’d much rather them double up on 3 techs in the later rounds. They really need two to rotate anyways.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s definitely something I’m considering. Poles can’t swing and miss with his first ever 1st round pick. Taking Carter for example is a huge huge risk.

I’d much rather them double up on 3 techs in the later rounds. They really need two to rotate anyways.
I can see that and hope they have a few later targets at both spots. It's just the rarity of finding VG 3-techs that has me leaning that way.