Mirotic

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
He's not Turkish

He's Serbian but sold away his heritage now he is playing with spain he should be the 4th big on the team this summer in the Olympics.

He likely wont come over for another 3 years(bad contract) which is the reason he didnt go top 10

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
His contract is fine.He is 20 years old now.It's better for him to stay in Europe and play as a starter for an elite team for the next 3 years than being in the NBA with 10 minutes per game.It can help him more in developing as a player.He should stay there and come to the Bulls when he will be a ready player for the NBA.

He could come here and play as a starter in a worse team than the Bulls right now but for the Bulls he would be the 3rd option in PF.

And yes he is one of the greatest talents in Europe right now.You shouldn't trade his rights for nothing but a superstar.He won the rising star award last year.Players who have won this award before:

Andrea Bargnani
Rudy Fernández
Danilo Gallinari
Ricky Rubio

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
He's Serbian but sold away his heritage now he is playing with spain he should be the 4th big on the team this summer in the Olympics.

He likely wont come over for another 3 years(bad contract) which is the reason he didnt go top 10

He's more Montenegrin than Serbian, but yes, he has switched allegiances to Spain

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
His contract is fine.He is 20 years old now.It's better for him to stay in Europe and play as a starter for an elite team for the next 3 years than being in the NBA with 10 minutes per game.It can help him more in developing as a player.He should stay there and come to the Bulls when he will be a ready player for the NBA.

He could come here and play as a starter in a worse team than the Bulls right now but for the Bulls he would be the 3rd option in PF.

And yes he is one of the greatest talents in Europe right now.You shouldn't trade his rights for nothing but a superstar.He won the rising star award last year.Players who have won this award before:

Andrea Bargnani
Rudy Fernández
Danilo Gallinari
Ricky Rubio

It actually isnt if he wanted to come over next year he couldn't the buy out is too much money from Madrid. He cant come over for a few more years because of the buy out.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It actually isnt if he wanted to come over next year he couldn't the buy out is too much money from Madrid. He cant come over for a few more years because of the buy out.

The buyout is just over $2 million.

That's not that bad.

Rubio's was over three times that.

The Bulls can put half a million towards it. It's also naive to think that the Bulls deal he signs wouldn't help him make up for that money.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
The buyout is just over $2 million.

That's not that bad.

Rubio's was over three times that.

The Bulls can put half a million towards it. It's also naive to think that the Bulls deal he signs wouldn't help him make up for that money.

You realize there is a rookie scale which he would only make $1,003,800 ?? The max the Bulls can put in a buyout is 520k the rest has too come from Nikola. Unless he wants to pay to play for the Bulls next year he wont be there.

The Bulls cant help him make it up that would be illegal.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I think he could be another Ersan Ilyasova who I am a HUGE FAN OF and I think is extremely underrated, Jennings get the credit for the Bucks still being able to win games without Bogut but IMO it is the play of Ilyasova

but yeah their style of play looks very similar!

Or he could be another Pau Gasol.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize there is a rookie scale which he would only make $1,003,800 ??
Yes.

The max the Bulls can put in a buyout is 520k
I know.

I already said this dumbass.

the rest has too come from Nikola
No.

Fucking.

Way.

Unless he wants to pay to play for the Bulls next year he wont be there.
:rolling:

Nice work.

I'm sure the Bulls or one of their sponsors would find a way to shove him into some ads and get him some extra money. It's not rare. You honestly think Ricky Rubio is living in the poor house right now because he had to pay back his buyout?(Hint, Rubio is making around $3.8 this season. His buyout was well over $6million)

Naive.

The Bulls cant help him make it up that would be illegal.

:obama:

Quit being dense.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Does this kid's skill set look awfully like Dirk's, or is it just me?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Nikola Mirotic is the next Dirk Nowitzki.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Bulls or one of their sponsors would find a way to shove him into some ads and get him some extra money. It's not rare. You honestly think Ricky Rubio is living in the poor house right now because he had to pay back his buyout?(Hint, Rubio is making around $3.8 this season. His buyout was well over $6million)

Rubio's buyout was $1.4mill, 500k of which the Twolves paid. Bleacher is 100% correct here. Sure they could put Mirotic in ads but almost no one outside of die hard fans really know who this guy is. Plus, does he even speak passable English yet? Rubio was already a big name over here before the draft. And they even attempted to get endorsement deals in Minny but to no avail.

Mirotic will not be a Bull until 13-14 season at the earliest but more likely 14-15 season.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bleacher is 100% correct here.
Are you brain dead? I said originally the Bulls could pay half a million. I never said or implied otherwise. bleacher was blabbering about something I already said.

Rubio's original Buyout was over 6 million. That's the point.

It going down to 1.4 and the tWolves picking half a million is moot.

it's Special person to think Nikola couldn't come over here and make up the money. Plus I believe Mirotic's declines after this season as well(as most buyouts do)

Sure they could put Mirotic in ads but almost no one outside of die hard fans really know who this guy is.
It doesn't matter.

The important thing is the money making up the difference.

On top of all this the buyout amount is negotiable as well so that 2 million number isn't set in stone.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
His contract is fine.He is too young for the NBA.Who would want to leave Europe for less money and less playing time at his 20?He will be in the NBA in 3 years.He would be more ready then.He is not a Dirk or Pau level player to rush things up.

Last edited:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Are you brain dead? I said originally the Bulls could pay half a million. I never said or implied otherwise. bleacher was blabbering about something I already said.

So what? Who friggin' cares if you said it first or he did?

Rubio's original Buyout was over 6 million. That's the point.

It going down to 1.4 and the tWolves picking half a million is moot.

Not when your whole point is and I quote:
Rubio is making around $3.8 this season. His buyout was well over $6million

That's a completely false statement that makes YOUR point moot. And it doesn't matter what the original buyout was because Rubio still had to stay overseas until it went down. His agent was creative in getting a good deal for Rubio after he was traded by Real Madrid that lowered the buyout & gave him an opt out to join the NBA this year.

it's Special person to think Nikola couldn't come over here and make up the money. Plus I believe Mirotic's declines after this season as well(as most buyouts do)

Should I just go your route and say "No shit Sherlock"?

On top of all this the buyout amount is negotiable as well so that 2 million number isn't set in stone.

True, but 1) he's still raw & probably not ready to come over yet & 2) we have 2 other players who would be ahead of him on the depth chart. Everyone clamoring for Boozer to be AC'd is just yelling to the wind. It's not going to happen, nor should it, because it would be completely pointless. We are already over the cap next season even if he's off the books. Plus, aside from his typical crap D, Boozer has played very well in his role this season.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's a completely false statement that makes YOUR point moot. And it doesn't matter what the original buyout was because Rubio still had to stay overseas until it went down. His agent was creative in getting a good deal for Rubio after he was traded by Real Madrid that lowered the buyout & gave him an opt out to join the NBA this year.

True, but 1) he's still raw & probably not ready to come over yet & 2) we have 2 other players who would be ahead of him on the depth chart. Everyone clamoring for Boozer to be AC'd is just yelling to the wind. It's not going to happen, nor should it, because it would be completely pointless. We are already over the cap next season even if he's off the books. Plus, aside from his typical crap D, Boozer has played very well in his role this season.

Or you could call him a stupid cunt or "Special person". That would be typical FT. Or just go with this :obama: or this one :rolling:

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
agreed he needs to get a little stronger and in 2-3 years time he should be ready body wise. Right now he wouldn't be able to get position on 90% of PFs in the NBA.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Mirotic should be ready in 2-3 years just in time when Boozer's contract ends.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Missing the point.

Actually no it doesn't.

How do you think the buyout got that low? Contract magic? This site is fucking brain dead outside of me and a few other posters.

1. We have no idea how much money Mirotic has "saved" up. So to resume he can't afford a 1.5 million buyout is a rather large assumption.

2. People here are acting as though a god damn buyout is some magical thing that can keep a player somewhere for years and isn't negotiable. Both of which are untrue. So even assuming the buyout will stay at 2 million is possibly incorrect.

:obama:

Holy fuck you're a Special person.

Then my point isn't moot if the buyout is going to go down. People bringing up the 2 million figure to begin with and sayign that Mirotic can't afford it don't have a leg to stand on because we aren't buying him out tomorrow and they don't know how much money he has.

Are you in fucking special ed classes or something?

You should have just stopped there dumbass.

nor should it
Actually it should.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Found a couple interesting quotes from Mirotic.

On staying in the draft, even after knowing his salary, whether overseas or in the NBA, could supersede is buyout figure:

"I was thrilled by the Chicago option. I had talked with them and I was thrilled and attracted by this possibility. So I stayed in the draft because of Chicago," said Mirotic, who told the site he learned of the Bulls' interest "maybe two to three weeks before the draft." "You can never be 100 percent sure, but I kind of knew they were going to pick me." Since the draft, Mirotic hasn't second-guessed his decision to remain in the draft." -CSN Chicago

On the current state of the Bulls:

"They have a great history and they are building a great team," Mirotic told HoopsHype.com. "Of course, I like the coach and the manager is Croatian and I’m familiar with him. So my decision to stay in the draft was perfect." Chicago Tribune

On why he hasn't tried to negotiate his buyout figures down:

"They have a great history and they are building a great team," Mirotic told HoopsHype.com. "Of course, I like the coach and the manager is Croatian and I’m familiar with him. So my decision to stay in the draft was perfect." Chicago Tribune

I'm excited that this guy is taking his development so seriously. Most of the young players *ahem, Dwight Howard,* are simply wanting a paycheck. They have no desire to go to a place that can help them grow as a basketball player.

Look a Jan Vesley of the Wizards -- that guy has looked absolutely clueless this year. He has no business being in the NBA right now. Mirotic is refining his game and hopefully when his buyout is more reasonable, he'll be able to fit right in and contribute to our team immediately.

What's nice if that our roster is constructed to essentially stay in tact for the next few seasons. By that time, Mirotic should have developed substantially and should be able to come right in and have an impact off the bench.