1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dirk.jpg
michael_jordan_success_quotes.jpg

PremierAmp

Liked Posts:
Whenever Nikola decides to head over it will help us out big time. But it wont be this year. Id say maybe the year after if we lose Taj or Boozer.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What is his timetable for the Bulls?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is his timetable for the Bulls?

Should make his debut in the 2014-2015 season. Absolute worst case would be the 2015-2016 season.

Reactions: BNB

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The new salary cap structure does not make it possible for the Bulls to pay him enough money is the issue, and in 2014, they should be able to. This is a big reason why the Bulls have to manage the future as well, which many don't give them much credit for around here.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
This whole thing puts us in a tough spot. This guys stock just keeps going up and up. We could trade him potentially in a deal for Love when he inevitably requests a trade or we could keep him and he may be the missing piece. Looks like at worst case he's Toni Kukoc and he could end up as good as Dirk. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This whole thing puts us in a tough spot. This guys stock just keeps going up and up. We could trade him potentially in a deal for Love when he inevitably requests a trade or we could keep him and he may be the missing piece. Looks like at worst case he's Toni Kukoc and he could end up as good as Dirk. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Mirotic isn't the ball handler or point forward Kukoc was. He's more in the Danilo Gallinari mold of a stretch 4.

czman

Liked Posts:
The new salary cap structure does not make it possible for the Bulls to pay him enough money is the issue, and in 2014, they should be able to. This is a big reason why the Bulls have to manage the future as well, which many don't give them much credit for around here.

If the Bulls do not use the rookie scale to pay them they have to use either the MLE/Bi-annual/cap space to do it. He will basically be a FA that only the Bulls can sign.

The other point of note is the Bulls don't tend to pay over slot for Euro players even when they are allowed too. Omer Asik was expected to get a lot more money than the Bulls gave him and the Bulls had ~35 million in cap space when they brought him in. I don't know if the Bulls will go over slot for him considering they will probably only have the MLE to work with and if they give it to him they have nothing. I think they may try to make him take a rookie scale contract. That is more the Bull speed.

czman

Liked Posts:
Mirotic isn't the ball handler or point forward Kukoc was. He's more in the Danilo Gallinari mold of a stretch 4.

Gallinari defends the 3 though. From what I have read this kid does not have the foot speed to defend the 3. He will most likely have to defend the 4. One of the questions is can he rebound in the NBA?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Should make his debut in the 2014-2015 season. Absolute worst case would be the 2015-2016 season.

So right around the time Boozer is gone, and we should have a top pick from the Bobcats,people will still hate LeBron and I'll still be looking for a job after my degree? Sweet!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mirotic is the next Karl Malone..I swear.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Re: Nikola Mirotic named Spanish League MVP

Mirotic is the next Karl Malone..I swear.

Shut up.

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls do not use the rookie scale to pay them they have to use either the MLE/Bi-annual/cap space to do it. He will basically be a FA that only the Bulls can sign.

The other point of note is the Bulls don't tend to pay over slot for Euro players even when they are allowed too. Omer Asik was expected to get a lot more money than the Bulls gave him and the Bulls had ~35 million in cap space when they brought him in. I don't know if the Bulls will go over slot for him considering they will probably only have the MLE to work with and if they give it to him they have nothing. I think they may try to make him take a rookie scale contract. That is more the Bull speed.
Not much will be up to the Bulls, unfortunately. It also depends on Mirotic as well. He most likely won't want to bail and make no money. Heck, he's only 22 now. You scratch the surface of a very complicated situation, but it should be fun to watch. Here's an article that explains it well:
  1. It is cost prohibitive for Mirotic to come over before the 2014-2015 season.
  2. The Bulls will have to use an MLE, not the Rookie Scale, to sign Mirotic (they have this option beginning in 2014). This means, barring trades, Mirotic will be the major addition in the year they bring him over - they will be unable to sign another major free agent (Chicago will only have minimum contracts and possibly the Bi-Annual Exception left to offer).
  3. The full Mid-Level Exception will probably be required to sign Mirotic. The mini-MLE would be a significant pay cut even if the buyout were negotiated down to zero. This means the Bulls will only be able to sign him in a non-taxpaying year. Deng’s contract comes off the books in 2014, Boozer’s in 2015.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-b...umbers-behind-the-mirotic-contract-situation/