Mirotic

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have any info on where scouts would project when Mirotic would go if he were in this year's draft?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone have any info on where scouts would project when Mirotic would go if he were in this year's draft?

Not this draft... but at the time we drafted him, I heard that he would have been a top 15 or top 10 pick if he came over right away.

Mirotic flat-out dominated as he led Spain to the title. He shot 59.5 percent from the field, 85.1 percent from the line and 40 percent from the land of trey. While the competition wasn't overly stiff, this kid has lottery level talent. He'll be a major prospect for the Bulls as he develops more with Real Madrid.
Source: Daily Herald

The 20-yeard-old forward just signed a five-year deal with Real Madrid, though he does have a 2 million Euro buyout that Chicago could eventually negotiate. The consensus is that he's a lottery talent whose ugly contract dropped him in the draft.
Source: Chicago Tribune

Serbian F Nikola Mirotic is a lottery pick based on talent alone, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.
Mirotic has a massive buyout attached to his European team, so it's not even clear if he'll stay in the draft. If he does, whatever team takes him will have to be patient. The Ricky Rubio situation is going to scare a lot of teams off. For now, it looks like Mirotic could be had in the back end of the first round.
Source: ESPN.com

sicko

Liked Posts:
Damn I hope he don't end up being another Kornél Dávid, I remember the hype he was getting before coming over to the Bulls, that guy was AWFUL!

You just don't know with International Players, MOST of them just don't work out or they have 1 decent season then teams find out their weaknesses and they really start to struggle

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It's to hard telling with these guys. Ricky Rubio's stats his last year in Spain was abysmal. Yet he was in the running for rookie of the year and may have won it had he not torn his ACL. It would be pretty sweet if he ended up being the next Dirk.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can be good Tony Kukoc and not bad Tony Kukoc, awesome.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
one year ago he was named "Rising Star",

I would love to see his MVP highlights

[video=youtube;HsjMgfL3Umg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsjMgfL3Umg[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its probably a good thing that this guy has already won a championship, already earned an MVP.

He is going to be 24 years old and already accomplished everything he can in Spain. Its going to cost a little money, so if Reinsdorf wants to trade him to Cuban its still all good as long as we get player value in the form of a lottery pick.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
no way we trade nikola for dallas' lotto pick

i'll admit at first i didnt know nothing about him but after i investigated some i think we have a nice piece here and wouldnt trade him unless it was for a forsure all-star player like Kevin Love

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;TlqAyXUQ8iE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqAyXUQ8iE[/video]

well....lets calm the hell down he isn't Kevin Love and nobody is giving us Kevin Love for him. They might give you Bargnanani. Or a Deng level lower tier sometimes all-star, but not the future at the PF position, or a center that can get 20 rebounds and shoot 3's.

I love Mirotics game, he is versatile with the toughness inside that many euro players lack as well as a pretty jumper. His age and the arc of his shot should translate well to extending to the NBA 3-point line.

Before he can bang in the league he is going to have to improve his strength, but it isn't as bad a deficit as most of europe. He clearly is stronger than his build and plays through contact well. Everything he does and his length translate well to being a dominant SF or stretch powerforward against todays small lineups. I wouldn't want to match him up with Zebo or Tim Duncan just yet, but those are the exceptions not the norm.

Another 2 years of man strength and work on his range, he imo, can definitley play in the NBA effectively. He is more Ginobli than Biedrens or other stiff soft players you see.

His nearest comparison is probably what? Gallinari?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i didnt mean straight up for love lol.....i would package him with a guy like deng or taj etc

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i didnt mean straight up for love lol.....i would package him with a guy like deng or taj etc

and I didn't really mean Mirotic straight up for the Mavs 14 or whatever they have. I was thinking if they have a worse pick next year (which they might if they don't land Paul or Howard, or maybe if they do land Howard they tank).

But a 10th overall is something we would have to consider if we were trying to save money, as Mirotic is a player that won't be cheap to pay and buyout of his contract. Its not really our owners style. Turn it into Dieng this year, or McGarrity next year and I will be satisfied.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oh I completely agree with you I'd package Mirotic to get Love, but Love isn't going anywhere per the TWolves and they have no reason to deal him no matter how much he hints at wanting to play for a winner.

In regards to what it would take for the Bulls to deal for Love- think what the Nuggets demanded from the Knicks to deal Melo, which was every other asset they had aside from Amare- and the Knicks paid it. Melo had a lot of leverage in those talks in forcing Denver to move him as he was an unrestricted FA that upcoming summer----not the case for Love as he's locked in long term.

If the Bulls called me for Love and said they're not parting with Jo or Rose...I'd ask for everything else and demand them to take back two terrible contracts along with Love in the meantime. I'd ask for Lu, Taj, Butler, Teague, rights to Mirotic and Charlotte pick for Love, Barea and Ridnour.

Now would the Bulls do that? Of course not...and they'd also have to find a third team to work with in that deal as they'd have 4 PGs on their roster after that deal.

I know its all far fetched and way ahead of ourselves- but this is the type of starting point the TWolves would have in mind and they wouldn't budge far from it. Talking about Love is a big waste of time IMO.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
and I didn't really mean Mirotic straight up for the Mavs 14 or whatever they have. I was thinking if they have a worse pick next year (which they might if they don't land Paul or Howard, or maybe if they do land Howard they tank).

But a 10th overall is something we would have to consider if we were trying to save money, as Mirotic is a player that won't be cheap to pay and buyout of his contract. Its not really our owners style. Turn it into Dieng this year, or McGarrity next year and I will be satisfied.

This is why I asked the question on where Mirotic would be selected if he were in THIS year's draft. It was well documented when the Bulls selected him in 2011 that he was a potential lottery pick in what was a considerably weak draft. Now Mirotic's performance in Spain the past two seasons should have elevated his stock at least somewhat if not a lot. 2013 is another very very weak draft....I'd have to think Mirotic would at least be a top 10 pick in this year's draft, albeit without really knowing what scouts think of Mirotic at this current time.

If the Bulls could deal Mirotic to a team within the top 10 and you could grab Oladipo- then great...if not, then the Bulls had better hold onto Mirotic rather than dealing him for a pick in this year's draft who can play now, but would be a lesser player.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
This is why I asked the question on where Mirotic would be selected if he were in THIS year's draft. It was well documented when the Bulls selected him in 2011 that he was a potential lottery pick in what was a considerably weak draft. Now Mirotic's performance in Spain the past two seasons should have elevated his stock at least somewhat if not a lot. 2013 is another very very weak draft....I'd have to think Mirotic would at least be a top 10 pick in this year's draft, albeit without really knowing what scouts think of Mirotic at this current time.

If the Bulls could deal Mirotic to a team within the top 10 and you could grab Oladipo- then great...if not, then the Bulls had better hold onto Mirotic rather than dealing him for a pick in this year's draft who can play now, but would be a lesser player.

I read somewhere he would be a top 5 pick this year.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read somewhere he would be a top 5 pick this year.

That would certainly make a lot of sense and makes me want to keep Mirotic a heck of a lot more unless he was packaged for another superstar.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
That would certainly make a lot of sense and makes me want to keep Mirotic a heck of a lot more unless he was packaged for another superstar.

I can't think of any other big star we could possibly get outside of Love that would be worth trading him for. Not really understand why people are comparing him and saying he has a ceiling of Danilio Galinari...dude was the youngest MVP in spanish league history. Last time I checked that means your pretty damn good.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't think of any other big star we could possibly get outside of Love that would be worth trading him for. Not really understand why people are comparing him and saying he has a ceiling of Danilio Galinari...dude was the youngest MVP in spanish league history. Last time I checked that means your pretty damn good.
Because his measurements and talents are very similar to Galinari's? I'd say Galinari has more ball handling and passing ability while Mirotic has an edge in rebounding and post game. Either way, Mirotic's role seems to be that of a stretch 4. I don't see him blossoming into the next Dirk, but you can always hope I guess.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Because his measurements and talents are very similar to Galinari's? I'd say Galinari has more ball handling and passing ability while Mirotic has an edge in rebounding and post game. Either way, Mirotic's role seems to be that of a stretch 4. I don't see him blossoming into the next Dirk, but you can always hope I guess.

When he was drafted by the Knicks he was considered a big reach. Guy is a top 10 pick in the next year's supposed "loaded" class. I'm an inch taller than D Rose and only weigh about 10-13 lbs less. Before I wrecked my knee sophomore year in football I had a 34 inch vertical. I wish I would have worked harder to get my vert up 6 more inches and put on some more pounds...then I would have been compared to d rose :troll:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When he was drafted by the Knicks he was considered a big reach. Guy is a top 10 pick in the next year's supposed "loaded" class. I'm an inch taller than D Rose and only weigh about 10-13 lbs less. Before I wrecked my knee sophomore year in football I had a 34 inch vertical. I wish I would have worked harder to get my vert up 6 more inches and put on some more pounds...then I would have been compared to d rose :troll:
If you had elite basketball talent and played similar to DRose, then yeah sure you could've been. That's basically what John Wall was right? :elephant:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If you had elite basketball talent and played similar to DRose, then yeah sure you could've been. That's basically what John Wall was right? :elephant:

Actually John Wall might even end up better....and that's a lot coming from me because Hou will even tell you I'm D Rose's number #1 fanboy :troll: