Mitch bears worst draft pick since 06

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its called worst value, but still at #7 Kevin White takes the cake.

Trubs has 10k yards and 72 TDs for the Bears and is still in the league. Kevin White has 5 starts, 285 total yards and is gone. Its not even close.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch is a fair answer--swinging and missing on a QB you traded up to the #2 spot to get--only to see him suck is the kind of draft pick that sets a franchise back.

Kevin White would be #2. Dan Bazuin #3. Chris Williams #4. Take your pick of Shea McClellin, Gabe Carimi, or John Bostic for #5. I'd go Bostic--because minus 1 preseason play (you know the hit I'm referencing) he sucked.

Shea at least broke Rodgers' collarbone on a sack and was unbelievably misused by the bears/Lovie/Trestman/Mel Tucker. He's a bust based on production, but I'm inclined to give him a little leeway because he was a finesse 3-4 edge rusher who the bears played at every position except the one where he racked up double-digit sacks in Boise. You know, the one he was good at...

Carimi and Leonard Floyd I'd lump together in 'had decent year when they left' but Carimi was out of the league a year after his one okay year in Tampa. But they get honorable mentions.

Another honorable mention? Kellen Davis. Don't care if he was a 5th rounder. Dude was trash.
If we are throwing in later rounds, Adam shaheen was worse than davis

mecha

Liked Posts:
lol

as they put it: "Not much explanation is needed here. It was the pick that cost them multiple realistic Super Bowl opportunities."

I haven't thought about it that way but it's true

bears haven't even played a game without Trubs on the roster yet. we're hardly in psycho ex girlfriend territory at this point
it wasn't Trubisky that screwed the pooch on their Super Bowl opportunity a couple years ago, it was the kicker. though his play diminished rapidly in the Rex Grossman end of season/postseason sense after the shoulder injury. I'm fairly certain he could complete more than 10 passes in a whole game though.

he was seriously Grossman, just couldn't throw as far. or as accurately deep.

I'll just repost for posterity that a majority of people here after draft day 2017 here were jagging their dicks at the prospect of Pace trading 6 picks to move up one spot in the draft with Watson and Mahomes still on the board to get this jerko. but tell me more about the Mack trade and how that fucked up multiple drafts for years or something. (this wound up being a shitty deal too, on the surface)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another dumb piece of info from PFF. PFF is best when they present periphery stats....

Their scoring system and their opinions are total horseshit for the most part....

It is also a horrible selling point for their evaluation system considering they had Trubisky as their top rated QB in the draft.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drafting Mitch, while it was the wrong pick at the time, turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Fox is on record saying he wanted Watson. Given the situation Watson put himself into do we really want a sexual predator as our QB? So if Fox got his way the franchise would be in total disarray and Fox may still be employed here.

I’m glad Mitch is gone but I’d hate to be a Texans fan right now.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
it wasn't Trubisky that screwed the pooch on their Super Bowl opportunity a couple years ago, it was the kicker. though his play diminished rapidly in the Rex Grossman end of season/postseason sense after the shoulder injury. I'm fairly certain he could complete more than 10 passes in a whole game though.

I'll just repost for posterity that a majority of people here after draft day 2017 here were jagging their dicks at the prospect of Pace trading 6 picks to move up one spot in the draft with Watson and Mahomes still on the board to get this jerko. but tell me more about the Mack trade and how that fucked up multiple drafts for years or something. (this wound up being a shitty deal too, on the surface)
The offense couldn’t muster points, that’s on the coach and QB as well. So IMO the blame needs to split in three for that bears loss

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Drafting Mitch, while it was the wrong pick at the time, turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Fox is on record saying he wanted Watson. Given the situation Watson put himself into do we really want a sexual predator as our QB? So if Fox got his way the franchise would be in total disarray and Fox may still be employed here.

I’m glad Mitch is gone but I’d hate to be a Texans fan right now.
Even with Watson’s legal troubles, he is still a top ten QB. Mitch is a top ten backup

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really an endorsement of their system

PFF said...

QB-Class-Chart-1-1-1024x607.png

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
A failure at QB is a more spectacular failure than an undersized DE or a chronically injured WR. Mitch failed on a global stage, everyone saw Pace move up to draft him ahead of a HoF QB and another guy accused of shady sex shit whose name currently escapes me.

Nobody cares about Shea McLellin or Kevin White except Bears fans. Mitch Trubisky will be a trivia answer on many a game show decades from now.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even with Watson’s legal troubles, he is still a top ten QB. Mitch is a top ten backup
I agree where you rank both players. But would you rather have an unproven JF or a man who rubs his penis on dozens of non-participating women?

That’s the silver lining IMO.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree where you rank both players. But would you rather have an unproven JF or a man who rubs his penis on dozens of non-participating women?

That’s the silver lining IMO.
Oh I’m all in on Fields of dreams but I thought you were comparing Mitch and Watson

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I’m all in on Fields of dreams but I thought you were comparing Mitch and Watson
Lol. Absolutely not. The only thing Mitch is better than Watson at is gaining consent.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

bruh

this post

I don't even know what to say

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch is a fair answer--swinging and missing on a QB you traded up to the #2 spot to get--only to see him suck is the kind of draft pick that sets a franchise back.

Kevin White would be #2. Dan Bazuin #3. Chris Williams #4. Take your pick of Shea McClellin, Gabe Carimi, or John Bostic for #5. I'd go Bostic--because minus 1 preseason play (you know the hit I'm referencing) he sucked.

Shea at least broke Rodgers' collarbone on a sack and was unbelievably misused by the bears/Lovie/Trestman/Mel Tucker. He's a bust based on production, but I'm inclined to give him a little leeway because he was a finesse 3-4 edge rusher who the bears played at every position except the one where he racked up double-digit sacks in Boise. You know, the one he was good at...

Carimi and Leonard Floyd I'd lump together in 'had decent year when they left' but Carimi was out of the league a year after his one okay year in Tampa. But they get honorable mentions.

Another honorable mention? Kellen Davis. Don't care if he was a 5th rounder. Dude was trash.
Btw @Zvbxrpl

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol

as they put it: "Not much explanation is needed here. It was the pick that cost them multiple realistic Super Bowl opportunities."

I haven't thought about it that way but it's true

bears haven't even played a game without Trubs on the roster yet. we're hardly in psycho ex girlfriend territory at this point
Didn't read but I think the key might be that Pace was picking a QB that year. 67% chance of getting a game changer and got the one without game.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t write for PFF btw