Mitch Vs. Nickie

msadows

Liked Posts:
If we were to compare Foles, at a point when he spent more years with one team, he clearly achieved things Mitch simply is not capable of. I don't remember too many people wanting to turn their TVs off as he was in the midst of his SB MVP performance.

As I said, cool, he had a great two game run in the playoffs.

He's on the bears now, and he's been terrible. Just like he's been for pretty much every year of his career.

Flacco is a superbowl MVP too, doesn't mean I want him on the bears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or not.

Like I said, Mitch is bad, like pretty bad, but foles is terrible....like worst qb ive seen start for the bears in a while terrible.

No starting qb in 2020 should post less than a 1:1 TD/INT ratio pre-garbagetime in todays nfl.

msadows

Liked Posts:
op should have put wins and losses there too
Ill take Mitchs

Spartan is legit the first nick foles supporter I've met.

Pretty sure the whole chicago fanbase turned on him months ago. Guy has been absolutely garbage after that tampa game....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just like how often people will make excuses for certain players or coaches, but then those excuses don't fly for other players and coaches. Everyone is so objective. :ROFLMAO:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I just like how often people will make excuses for certain players or coaches, but then those excuses don't fly for other players and coaches. Everyone is so objective. :ROFLMAO:

We have no way of knowing any of that, is kind of my point.

Like I said, mitch had a worse oline and skill position group in 2019 than foles did during his 7 game stretch. He still played better than foles.

The issue isn't just qb. These players just don't fit nagy's scheme. Never have, never will. The don't even fit it on madden.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said, cool, he had a great two game run in the playoffs.

He's on the bears now, and he's been terrible. Just like he's been for pretty much every year of his career.

Flacco is a superbowl MVP too, doesn't mean I want him on the bears.
At least Foles has the vet experience and football smarts to offer. Danger here is MT getting way too much mileage on these wins over bad teams again at a time Bears definitely need to let him go the way of free agency and move on.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have no way of knowing any of that, is kind of my point.

Like I said, mitch had a worse oline and skill position group in 2019 than foles did during his 7 game stretch. He still played better than foles.

The issue isn't just qb. These players just don't fit nagy's scheme. Never have, never will. The don't even fit it on madden.

It's clear that the way this offense is run now, it fits Trubisky much better. The way it was run when Foles was the QB, it didn't suit any QB in the history of the NFL.

I'm fairly certain we can credit Bill Lazor for that. Because Nagy has been banging his head against the wall trying to force Trubisky to be something he's not. Suddenly Lazor takes over playcalling and Trubisky looks like a different QB, with a bit of "Bad Mitch" thrown in, too. Regardless, he looks better than he did. And that's what really matters.

Also, this game against the Packers is huge in more than just playoff implications. If we can beat, or at least keep up with Green Bay, it says a lot about how this team is playing and being run right now. If they shit down our necks, blow it all up. :D

clear

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but mr. clear, when is the last time any bears offense has looked this good for a 4 game stretch? We play plenty of bad defenses every year.

This isn't just because of mitch, it's because mustipher, ifedi, whitehair, and bars are all playing well. It's because monty is playing like a top 5 back recently. It's because mooney and Arob are playing like one of the best 1/2 combos in the league.

It's not mitch, it's everyone.

As I've stated before, not really any player besides maybe mooney and cohen fit the scheme nagy was trying to run.

We will see how much progress was really made this weekend. If the offense totally craps the bed. Then this offensive output will be attributed to playing really bad teams at the end of the year.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
I love how folks think that after years and years of bad qbs
The bears are just gonna drop mitch and magically find a franchise qb
How many bust?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Foles can't run the scheme we are running now. A big portion of the reason this offense is clicking isn't just mitch, it's the scheme.

Mitch is bad, foles is god awful. Deal wit hit.

And yes, he has a superbowl ring. Good for him, he's on the bears now. People blaming the oline, well, I brought up the fact that mitch outplayed him with a far lesser skill position and oline group in 2019. Oline is a dumb excuse for judging a qb when their play is to the level foles was. He was god awful in todays nfl standards.

Obviously oline matters, but when you can't even have a 1:1 td/int ratio w/o garbage time in todays nfl you don't deserve to be in the NFL as a starter. Garbage oline or not, no qb should post those stats.

Again Foles wouldve benefitted tremendously from a running game and solid Oline play we all saw that with our eyes that when he got protection he played well he really never had a running game at all so to say he couldnt run a run heavy scheme is just against ridiculous BECAUSE HE NEVER GOT THE OPPORTUNITY .

Montgomery breaking off huge runs to start the games is because of Mitch GTFO with this nonsense

MItch in 2019 had defense that was holding opponents under 20 and was terrible the entire season with a cupcake schedule . Your attempt rewrite history makes no sense when we saw with our own eyes that when we played good teams Mitch got embarrassed by the Packers and destroyed by the Chiefs, Eagles ,and Saints .

You still dont even realize how stupid your claims sounds that Mitch outplayed Foles in 2019 with less help but its somehow irrelevant that Foles won a SB with sold play around him while we are fingers crossed that Mitch can back us into the playoffs with help. ??? Just a stupid argument

Oline matters BUT....... WTF LOL of course it does but trying to prop Mitch up as achieving something with things you know foles didnt have is BS that you keep tossing out 2019 is a clear indication that you know what you are claiming is straight up nonsense

Foles better teams no run game OLine injuries' and shuffling Nagy playcalling
Mitch bad teams but a run game and better Oline play Lazor playcalling

somehow thats equal because Mitch in 2019 played with it .... seriously WTF

Neither QB is the long-term answer to any questions the Bears should be asking but they shouldnt be compared because the situations are totally different .

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not identical. Both sucked in identical.

Foles didn't get the chance to play with Lazor & the new & improved under center system...NOT the 90% shotgun system where there was shit blocking, no run game, etc. BOTH QBs were bad in Nagy's stubborn shotgun RPO system. Mitch doing better without it. We haven't seen Foles without it.

Also, recent wins were vs. much weaker defenses.

Just calling it True True. Mitch has higher ceiling & lower floor. Neither are the future. ESPECIALLY with Nagy in house.
STOP THAT!!!! Only our lord and saviour Mitchell gets a second chance with a tailor made offense to limit him having to make all of those nasty reads and progressions!!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not identical. Both sucked in identical.

Foles didn't get the chance to play with Lazor & the new & improved under center system...NOT the 90% shotgun system where there was shit blocking, no run game, etc. BOTH QBs were bad in Nagy's stubborn shotgun RPO system. Mitch doing better without it. We haven't seen Foles without it.

Also, recent wins were vs. much weaker defenses.

Just calling it True True. Mitch has higher ceiling & lower floor. Neither are the future. ESPECIALLY with Nagy in house.
I guess you can say the same for Aaron Rodgers, who has only beat 2 winning teams all season and played basically the same teams the Bears did.

mecha

Liked Posts:
did anyone else read the thread title as Mitch vs. Nickle?

also +1 for Nocoitus.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles opponents' current combined record, 61-44
Trubisky opponents' current combined record, 42-76

C'mon, man, how blind are you?
Just checking to make sure you saw the TDs and INT in those stats. Yes Mitch has gone against easier teams. But he has also done better.