MLB draft is a week from today(june 12th)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Having 2 of next 6 picks, cubs will be able to select 2 pitchers in top 28..

What with Mate Pearson
Why he dropping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Red Sox got inside info that the Cubs were interested in Houck.. ?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Having 2 of next 6 picks, cubs will be able to select 2 pitchers in top 28..

What with Mate Pearson
Why he dropping?

Probably because he sorta came out of no where. That plus his secondary pitches aren't really refined yet.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Romero going prior to the cubs is probably good as I doubt they were interested in him because of character issues.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damn.. I was hoping Romero fell to Cubs

Edit.. just saw your post on Romero

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
My guess with the cubs on the clock is Nick Allen and one of Sam Carlson, Griffin Canning, and Alex Lange. Carlson is probably highest upside. Other 2 are more quick to the majors guys as college starters. Canning may keep falling though as there's some medical concerns.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
My guess with the cubs on the clock is Nick Allen and one of Sam Carlson, Griffin Canning, and Alex Lange. Carlson is probably highest upside. Other 2 are more quick to the majors guys as college starters. Canning may keep falling though as there's some medical concerns.
The quick to majors guys are the ones I was expecting them to take

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Shows what I know. They got Brendon Little
Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Curveball: 55 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 45 | Overall: 50
Little had the chance to join the pro ranks when he was coming out of high school in Pennsylvania, but instead opted to head to North Carolina. He threw just four innings as a freshman in 2016, so he transferred to the State College of Florida to be Draft eligible this June.

Little pitched very well in the Cape Cod League this summer and has continued to show premium velocity in junior college this spring. He was touching 97 mph in fall ball and has kept that up during the regular season in Florida. He complements it with a true 12-to-6 power curve which flashes plus on occasion, and he'll also show some feel for his changeup, though it's behind the other two pitches. While he has a very quick and clean arm delivery, his command comes and goes and his fastball can be flat at times, though that hasn't kept him from missing a ton of bats this spring.

The lack of track record, as well as the inconsistency with his delivery and command, might concern some, with scouts wondering if he's a starter or a reliever long term. This kind of arm strength from the left side is hard to find, so teams won't too long to take him off the board.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That came out of nowhere

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
BA had him as #36. MLB.com had him at #36 as well.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Had a feeling they'd nab a lefty..
He looks good on paper

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
7th best lefty in the class and best lefty available.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
97 from a lefty is rare at best. You work with that. I'm thinking they go with the top RH next.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have my AA degree from SCF. Congrats to Little

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well those last 2 picks worked out for Cubs..
Should nab another good pitcher here..

Or

Epstein gets his bat..lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well those last 2 picks worked out for Cubs..
Should nab another good pitcher here..

Or

Epstein gets his bat..lol

I hope not.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Lange
Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 60 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 45 | Overall: 50
A first-five-rounds prospect who went undrafted out of a Missouri high school in 2014 because of his strong commitment to Louisiana State, Lange made an immediate impact as a freshman, going 12-0 with a 1.97 ERA to lead the Tigers to the 2015 College World Series. He wasn't as sharp as a sophomore, yet he ranked in the NCAA Division I top 10 in strikeouts for the second straight season, and he's doing so again this spring. Lange should follow Kevin Gausman and Aaron Nola as LSU pitchers selected in the first round during this decade.

Lange has two plus pitches in a fastball that usually ranged from 92-96 mph and a power curveball that stood out as the best on the U.S. college national team last summer. He has a strong build and repeatedly has demonstrated the ability to maintain his stuff into the later innings. Lange is showing better feel for his changeup after emphasizing the development of the pitch during his time with Team USA.

Lange sometimes gets himself in trouble by overthrowing and not staying online to the plate. Both of those bad habits cost him control, which along with some effort in his delivery has some scouts wondering if he might wind up as a reliever in the long run. Lange's track record as a successful starter means he'll get every opportunity to make it as a mid-rotation option.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I like the fact they targeted 2 guys with FB/Curve combos with work to do on a 3rd pitch. That is something to work with. So glad they didn't waste a pick on a D SS

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm happy with these 2 picks...
Hopefully see them at WF in 2019 ??