MLB Playoffs IGT

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Had predicted the Nats out of the NL. But i think this is as far as they go. 10 days off will hurt them.

Houston pitchers can go toe to toe with the Nat pitchers. And, of course, the Nats won't be facing the lame ass Cardinal hitters anymore. They will be facing a very potent Astros lineup.

Astros probably in 5 or 6 (assuming they get by New York).

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for the Nats tbh. They are actually a likeable team with no Bryce Harper.

Can you imagine the Nats vs Stros pitching duels if Houston ends up knocking off the Yanks?

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Astros all good abs'. they are beating the yanks because their approach to hitting is not launch angle and trying to hit every pitch over the wall.

i know they hit big bombs this series but they're not trying to hit it out every pitch. it's timely HRs because they work the count and try to hit line drives and get on base.

what a universal concept.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
4 war being his peak. Unfortunately for them this contract will likely look worse than the pujols one in the long run
Bryce Harper had a good year. He isn’t the Phillies’ problem.

Arietta’s contract will be worse than Harper’s

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Arrieta has two years left on his deal. It's not a problem in any way. Meanwhile, Harper is getting paid twice what he's worth until he's 39, and there's going to be some absolutely nasty bad money at the back end of that deal. Like at least half a decade's worth.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

What’s this year have to do with the fact Harper signed a 13-year contract that he inevitably won’t live up to, likely at any point, but certainly at least the last half of it?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do managers ever, I don't know, leave a starting pitcher in past five innings when he's better than anyone in the pen?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Arrieta has two years left on his deal. It's not a problem in any way. Meanwhile, Harper is getting paid twice what he's worth until he's 39, and there's going to be some absolutely nasty bad money at the back end of that deal. Like at least half a decade's worth.
Remember this though. While Harper’s per year seems high and goes til he’s 39, by that time his salary won’t be terribly high.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Do managers ever, I don't know, leave a starting pitcher in past five innings when he's better than anyone in the pen?
Martinez did in Game 5 vs LA and that’s why they’re here.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What’s this year have to do with the fact Harper signed a 13-year contract that he inevitably won’t live up to, likely at any point, but certainly at least the last half of it?
So....you’re questioning why I say he was NOT overpaid this year, while projecting for some reason that he might be someday?