Mock draft .5 - pre post season

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
3rd round being our first pick of the season...

Memphis-Memphis connection RB-Darrell Henderson
vision balance catching ability of Kareem hunt but better ! I things he lacks kareems power but he'll make our backfield elite and create a huge threat, a weapon for Nagy to exploit. Anthony Miller might pull for this kid to be a bear.

Trade !! Jordan Howard maybe a low 3rd or 4th rounder so ill just say 3-4th round. OT Tytus Howard he can play RG or RT imo looked really good vs auburn didn't get pushed back on any passing plays fought hard in the hands game showed athleticism and speed.

4th round OLB Joe Jackson, yes he falls.

5th round CB juan Thornhill he'll be a very solid DB guy just plays smart and his heart out has great ball skills.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Memphis-memphis connection rb-darrell henderson
vision balance catching ability of kareem hunt but better ! I things he lacks kareems power but he'll make our backfield elite and create a huge threat, a weapon for nagy to exploit. Anthony miller might pull for this kid to be a bear.

Trade !! Jordan howard maybe a low 3rd or 4th rounder so ill just say 3-4th round. Ot tytus howard he can play rg or rt imo looked really good vs auburn didn't get pushed back on any passing plays fought hard in the hands game showed athleticism and speed.

4th round olb joe jackson, yes he falls.

5th round cb juan thornhill he'll be a very solid db guy just plays smart and his heart out has great ball skills.
xD!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Darrell Henderson doesn't have quite the kick that Kareem Hunt brings to an offense

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Darrell Henderson doesn't have quite the kick that Kareem Hunt greetings to an offense

Kick power ?!? I know i mentioned that but he is just so elusive reminds me of him in college but i think Henderson is faster.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I am pretty convinced they will sign Ajayi to a one-year deal.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think they will go OL in the 3rd. OG or OT depending on what happens with Kyle Long and Bobbie Massie.

I would keep an eye on Rodney Anderson, running back from Oklahoma. He has been plagued by injuries in college, but when healthy, he is a beast. He has size, speed, power, balance, and an excellent pass-catcher. If not for his injury history, he is gone in the 1st and is the best RB in the class, and I don't think it's close.

His medicals will be critical, but if he somehow slips to the 4th, I hope Pace takes a chance on him.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I think they will go OL in the 3rd. OG or OT depending on what happens with Kyle Long and Bobbie Massie.

I would keep an eye on Rodney Anderson, running back from Oklahoma. He has been plagued by injuries in college, but when healthy, he is a beast. He has size, speed, power, balance, and an excellent pass-catcher. If not for his injury history, he is gone in the 1st and is the best RB in the class, and I don't think it's close.

His medicals will be critical, but if he somehow slips to the 4th, I hope Pace takes a chance on him.
I agree he is the best overall but I don't think he slips past the early 3rd round if he does in all for it.

Sammich

Liked Posts:

Memphis-Memphis connection RB-Darrell Henderson
vision balance catching ability of Kareem hunt but better ! I things he lacks kareems power but he'll make our backfield elite and create a huge threat, a weapon for Nagy to exploit. Anthony Miller might pull for this kid to be a bear.

Trade !! Jordan Howard maybe a low 3rd or 4th rounder so ill just say 3-4th round. OT Tytus Howard he can play RG or RT imo looked really good vs auburn didn't get pushed back on any passing plays fought hard in the hands game showed athleticism and speed.

4th round OLB Joe Jackson, yes he falls.

5th round CB juan Thornhill he'll be a very solid DB guy just plays smart and his heart out has great ball skills.

I doubt we could get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Howard.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
A 29 year old running back vs a 24 year old running back who has achieved 1300 yards rushing 1100 yards vs. Someone who has injury issues and has had no 1000 yard rushing season in his career. Jordan howard has a scheme compatibility problem and lack of carries in year 3 on a rookie contract and who will probably come relatively cheap if signed long term and he has similar value to carlos Hyde ?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Fuck ajayi.
Well that'd be my initial thought too but some things to consider:

He'll be dirt cheap due to the injury and willing to sign a one-year deal. What the Bears really need is somebody to be a bonafide starting RB for a year until they'll actually have a real draft class again and Ajayi, when healthy, is objectively that. He'll be willing to sign this kind of deal because he knows the Bears offense spreads it around, so his workload wont be extreme, but still have ample opportunities to prove his worth and get in the end zone. Howard had seven TD's this year believe it or not, he definitely got good red zone work in that'll pay dividends for him later when its time to get paid.

Jay Ajayi is only 25. He knows he isn't getting big money this off-season because everyone is wary of RB's coming off knee operations, but he also knows that all it takes is one season for everyone's opinion of a player to change. If he makes big plays in the Nagy offense, while still crucially keeping his workload relatively low for a first-string RB, he will be an age-27 free agent RB who will get that multi-year deal I'm sure he wants.

The Bears dont want commitment. They can take a little extra money this cap because the huge extensions are not due quite yet but it really cannot extend into 2020. For that Ajayi would be perfect. This way they aren't compelled to use on of their very few draft picks on a RB unless they really want to, and kicking the RB can down the road one year isn't a big deal because 2020 they will have a bit more draft capital to work with.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Howard gets them a fourth or maybe even a third. There are teams in championship windows who will say to themselves "we dont think anyone in the third round of this draft will help our football team win games THIS YEAR more than Jordan Howard would" and pull the trigger. This has been a recent trend in the league and maybe one that will accelerate this off-season. The Rams traded a bunch of picks away for veterans, is Marcus Peters really that great? Because they gave up both a second and a fourth for him. The Saints gave up a third for Teddy Bridgewater just to be a back-up and then walk as a free agent (they'll get a comp pick back, which I'm guessing was factored in).

I suspect more teams will be keen to do this and if that happens the Bears could find themselves in a position to recoup even a second if the trend really catches on leaguewide.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard isn't getting us a 2nd round pick.

He likely isnt getting us a 3rd or 4th round pick either.

I'd be surprised if we got a 5th and depending on who pace/nagy had in mind as a replacement I'd probably take it if offered. Think they prefer someone faster and a better wr out of the backfield than him and prob arent willing to pay Howard anyway when his contract is up.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard isn't getting us a 2nd round pick.

He likely isnt getting us a 3rd or 4th round pick either.

I'd be surprised if we got a 5th and depending on who pace/nagy had in mind as a replacement I'd probably take it if offered. Think they prefer someone faster and a better wr out of the backfield than him and prob arent willing to pay Howard anyway when his contract is up.

Had Philadelphia or Pittsburgh been proactive about their RB situation both teams would probably have at least another win and be either resting starters or fighting for playoffs seed instead of clinging to slim playoff hopes that aren't even in their control.

I would be floored if the Bears got a top-fifty pick for Howard, but a top-one hundred pick? That's probably more his range. Look at the third round picks in 2018, how many of those guys would you rather have right now for a playoff push this year than Jordan Howard?

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The draft??? We're going to the playoffs after 8 long years, and you want to talk about the draft???

You people need your fucking heads examined. We don't even have pick in the first or second rounds either, ya'll need serious help.