Montgomery, 3 firsts and a 2nd for an unhappy Russell Wilson ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If I were Wils

I wish he'd never come here

True in part, but sadly he is the best quarterback the Bears have had historically.

Which says more about the quarterback position than it does Jay Cutler...

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Whether its a possibility or not, somehow im always shocked seeing Bear fans say no to QBs that instantly become the best player on the team and easily the best QB the Bears have ever had.

If you're saying no, tell us why. Otherwise you just look dumb. I care about you guys.

I agree with you.

Every year you have really dumb Bears fans saying they wouldn't trade anything for a quarterback.

the same ones then say they would spend a fifth round pick on a quarterback and somehow magically develop them to become a superstar because God help us they want the Bears to draft a defensive lineman or a linebacker in the first round.

They are the first to say the NFL has become an offensive League and yet demand that the Bears draft defense and don't do shit about the quarterback position at least not anything meaningful.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the whole "I don't want to spend first round picks on Carson Wentz but I would spend two second round picks on Sam darnold" - don't both suck?

Or the people who want Russell Wilson or deshaun Watson, which in and of itself is fine, but when it becomes obvious they likely aren't going to be available to the Bears now either demand we not draft or sign any quarterback, because they didn't get their special toy, or instead now want the Bears to go after some third rate chump that they have talked themselves into believing is going to be a difference Maker.

That's not just people on this forum to be honest but everywhere where people are talking about the Bears I find people like this and it just defies logic...

Get the damn quarterback. Get the right damn quarterback. It doesn't matter what you have to give up. If the right damn quarterback isn't available find someone who is the closest to the right damn quarterback and get them.

Don't shoot for the moon and when you strike out jump into the bottom of the barrel. That's like someone striking out with Margot Robbie, and therefore deciding to go try to get Joy Behar drunk and get down her pants.

I don't fucking get it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wish he'd never come here

True in part, but sadly he is the best quarterback the Bears have had historically.

When I think of great Bear Qb's, I think of the winners like Luckman and McMahon. cutler had no leadership and was a total loser. Sure if anyone plays long enuff, they'll accumulate a few records. We wasted 8yrs on this loser. :mad:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When I think of great Bear Qb's, I think of the winners like Luckman and McMahon. cutler had no leadership and was a total loser. Sure if anyone plays long enuff, they'll accumulate a few records. We wasted 8yrs on this loser. :mad:

Cutler would have won a superbowl on the 85 bears. Maybe 2 as he was more durable than mcmahon.

Mcmahon was NOT a great qb. He was a fun personality, but still an average qb...

More to your point though on Jay, no way I would have given him the extension Emery gave him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler would have won a superbowl on the 85 bears. Maybe 2 as he was more durable than mcmahon.

Mcmahon was NOT a great qb. He was a fun personality, but still an average qb...

More to your point though on Jay, no way I would have given him the extension Emery gave him.

In all due respect....jay was not smart enuff nor had the leadership and consistency to win a SB with the 85 Bears. jay was not a winner and leader. McMahon was the exact opposite of jay. I associate greatest with winning and leadership ( jay never fit either).
To this day I don't understand the infatuation with jay. Nope I woulda' never brought him here nor have ......given him the extension Emery gave him.

The jay who was a winner was Jay Cutler (bodybuilder) ?

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In all due respect....jay was not smart enuff nor had the leadership and consistency to win a SB with the 85 Bears. jay was not a winner and leader. McMahon was the exact opposite of jay. I associate greatest with winning and leadership ( jay never fit either).
To this day I don't understand the infatuation with jay. Nope I woulda' never brought him here nor have ......given him the extension Emery gave him.

My point was not to praise Cutler.

My point was to point out that you are a meatball to hold Mcmahon in higher regard, when he wasn't that good of a qb.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

My point was not to praise Cutler.

My point was to point out that you are a meatball to hold Mcmahon in higher regard, when he wasn't that good of a qb.

My point is McMahon was a smart, charismatic leader and winner. jay was not and that's a fact. I equate so called "greatness" with high-level performance, leadership and winning. We obviously have different definitions of so called "greatness"
Now you can digress into more name calling it ya want.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My point is McMahon was a smart, charismatic leader and winner. jay was not and that's a fact. I equate so called "greatness" with high-level performance, leadership and winning. We obviously have different definitions of so called "greatness"

The Bears defense in 85 was the definition of "greatness".

Mcmahon was the era equivalent of Brad Johnson or Trent Filter.

If he was such a great winner, why didn't he win more Superbowls like the great QBs do, especially with that defense?

Because he wasn't great. And you are deluded.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

The Bears defense in 85 was the definition of "greatness".

Mcmahon was the era equivalent of Brad Johnson or Trent Filter.

If he was such a great winner, why didn't he win more Superbowls like the great QBs do, especially with that defense?

Because he wasn't great. And you are deluded.

I'm not gonna deflect to those other qb's. McMahon suffered through injuries. Buddy Ryan left after the SB win and the team was never the same. We lost some players to FA. That's why we didn't repeat. I fault ownership for not doing what it took to win....not McMahon. BTW.....you said it was the 85 D. Look up where the 85' Bear offense was ranked under McMahon.

Fact remains McMahon was a smart, charismatic leader and winner. jay was not. ? McMahon ended up with a winning NFL record and a SB. What did jay ever do except perform poorly and end up a loser? Everywhere jay went from Vanderbilt to Miami he was a non leadership>> loser. Fact. No delusion there.

If we did a poll I doubt the majority would take jay over McMahon

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not gonna deflect to those other qb's. McMahon suffered through injuries. Buddy Ryan left after the SB win and the team was never the same. We lost some players to FA. That's why we didn't repeat. I fault ownership for not doing what it took to win....not McMahon. BTW.....you said it was the 85 D. Look up where the 85' Bear offense was ranked under McMahon.

Fact remains McMahon was a smart, charismatic leader and winner. jay was not. ? McMahon ended up with a winning NFL record and a SB. What did jay ever do except perform poorly and end up a loser? Everywhere jay went from Vanderbilt to Miami he was a non leadership>> loser. Fact. No delusion there.

You're not going to "deflect" to those other quarterbacks because it proves my point and that's the only reason you won't.

My point is made and I don't need to justify your pretzel logic in order to remake it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

You're not going to "deflect" to those other quarterbacks because it proves my point and that's the only reason you won't.

My point is made and I don't need to justify your pretzel logic in order to remake it.

LOL.....so what point have u made? You claim jay was better than McMahon....right? Yet u can't say or point to anything jay did i.e. accomplishments, smarts, winning record, leadership, could beat the Packers. I mean make that point...give me something jay did for the Bears.

(Oh and don't say he accumulated records. Anybody allowed to hang around 8yrs will stumble into some meaningless records.)

I'll tell ya what....If I were going to a SB and was forced to choose between jay , BradJohnson or Trent Dilfer. I'd go 1) Johnson 2) Dilfer and 3) I'd trust myself at Qb over loser jay. Heck I'd call up Josh McCown. You remember what McCown did in place of jay? :unsure: ;)

It's interesting how u avoid the fact that jay was a loser who lacked smarts & leadership. No "pretzel logic" just the uncomfortable truth.

Side note: What good Qb or smart Qb would've kept throwing to DeAngelo Hall in the 'skins game and continuously get picked off??? Remember that lost game due to jay?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL.....so what point have u made? You claim jay was better than McMahon....right? Yet u can't say or point to anything jay
did i.e. accomplishments, smarts, winning record, leadership, could beat the Packers. I mean make that point...give me something jay did for the Bears.

(Oh and don't say he accumulated records. Anybody allowed to hang around 8yrs will stumble into some meaningless records.)

I'll tell ya what....If I were going to a SB and was forced to choose between jay , BradJohnson or Trent Dilfer. I'd go 1) Johnson 2) Dilfer and 3) I'd trust myself at Qb over loser jay. Heck I'd call up Josh McCown. You remember what McCown did in place of jay? :unsure: ;)

It's interesting how u avoid the fact that jay was a loser who lacked smarts & leadership. No "pretzel logic" just the uncomfortable truth.

Side note: What good Qb or smart Qb would've kept throwing to DeAngelo Hall in the 'skins game and continuously get picked off??? Remember that lost game due to jay?
If you can't even read, I have no reason to respond.

And based on your second sentence of this quoted post, it's obvious you struggle with grade school level reading comprehension.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you can't even read, I have no reason to respond.

And based on your second sentence of this quoted post, it's obvious you struggle with grade school level reading comprehension.

Yes..... I hold McMahon in higher regard than jay. And u can not make a case for jay being a better Qb than McMahon .
That's what I comprehend. And u have produced nothing to prove McMahon was "not that good of a "qb as u put it. And ur mad at me for pointing it out.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Bottom line there are no accomplishments, smarts, winning record, leadership that says jay was "the best Bears Qb historically." Meaningless stats based on futile longevity doesn't equate being "the best"

Last edited: