dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I really enjoy most of the GMFB people but I wish they wouldn't have him on there ever
He's horrible and the people that play in fantasy leagues with him must loving having him in the league cause he's really bad with predictions and it seems like it's every week he's saying something stupid.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’ve seen nothing from Montgomery to show he can be a top 5 running back or close to it. Not hating. Just being honest.

He’s not fast. He’s not quick (always have to head that one off at the pass, because there will always be that person who says, “Yeah, he may not be fast, but he’s quick!”.) He doesn’t have elite vision or processing.

But he does have a hell of a motor, always churning those legs, and as we’ve seen, he can just muscle or will his way through guys much of the time.

13 is probably a good spot for him. Anything is possible, but I have no idea what people are seeing when they say he’s going to be top 5 or so.

I think Monty is going to have to carve out a Forte-esque role in this NFL—Make up for what he lacks in speed and dynamic ability with elite vision, recognition, commitment once he sees a hole, and great pass catching ability.

He said his off-season program straight-up made him faster. I’m skeptical that that will necessarily translate to the field, but it’s not impossible. I hope that’s true, and I hope his processing and vision continue to improve.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Monty's ceiling is capped by not having game breaking speed. But his versatility, balance and tackle-breaking ability make him one heck of a back, IMO. Hanging around the bottom or just outside the top 10 is fair.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to see Montgomery behind a good OL and a coach that doesn't hate running the ball. Not saying he could be an all-pro necessarily, but I don't feel like we've seen his ceiling either.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Swift clearly has the skill to ascend to a top5, top 10 back

Trubisky clearly had the skill to ascend to a top 15 QB. It only matters if he actually does it.

MJD said J.Winston will be a top 3 QB in fantasy football this year on Good Morning Football this morning.

Didn't realize MJD played QB. I said I respect his RB predictions moreso than fantasy experts. That is obviously because he actually played RB. He did not play QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure his thoughts are purely based around fantasy after listening to him talk about rbs on NFLN yesterday. He doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about either. Excited mixon will have the backfield to himself and Bernard won't be eating into his snap count. Honestly mixon when healthy got like 90% of the touches.

This isn't running back related, but he is one of the few people that still thinks cam Newton is good and expects him to have a big year.

I am going off the article in the OP. In that article his comments about Mixon vs Bernard seemed to be the fact they used Bernard in the passing game or as a 3rd down back. His point was Mixon will get to show what he can do as a receiver now that Bernard is gone. He is suggesting Mixon is a better receiver than CMC or Kamara which I wouldn't go that far but again think the point is he thinks Mixon as been under-utilized in the pass game because of Bernard.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
13th best RB in the league, 3rd highest paid RB on the Bears.
Have you missed the last decades? We routinely ride out the rookie contract of our young RB and pay way more to legitimately trash veteran RBs.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I am going off the article in the OP. In that article his comments about Mixon vs Bernard seemed to be the fact they used Bernard in the passing game or as a 3rd down back. His point was Mixon will get to show what he can do as a receiver now that Bernard is gone. He is suggesting Mixon is a better receiver than CMC or Kamara which I wouldn't go that far but again think the point is he thinks Mixon as been under-utilized in the pass game because of Bernard.
I just don't agree mixon was utilized quite a bit in the passing game. Bernard really wasn't used much with mixon healthy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just don't agree mixon was utilized quite a bit in the passing game. Bernard really wasn't used much with mixon healthy.

Here are their pass snaps from 2017-2019 when Mixon played 14 or more games each year.

2017 - Mixon 160, Bernard - 269
2018 - Mixon 293, Bernard - 215
2019 - Mixon 254. Bernard - 280

Note the dip in 2018 is because Bernard only played 12 games. So the point here is Bernard is taking roughly half of the passing snaps. Kamara takes around 350 passing snaps and CMC takes around 550 passing snaps.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Monty's ceiling is capped by not having game breaking speed. But his versatility, balance and tackle-breaking ability make him one heck of a back, IMO. Hanging around the bottom or just outside the top 10 is fair.
Yeah, slow running backs never have an 80 yard run. They just can’t break away.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, slow running backs never have an 80 yard run. They just can’t break away.
Sarcasm right? Lol I can’t tell now and days