Monty: knee may just hyperextended. Not a season ender

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Williams is a pretty solid backup and will do an adequate job of still being able to produce play action pass offense

Bust

Liked Posts:
I think Williams is a pretty solid backup and will do an adequate job of still being able to produce play action pass offense

Williams and Herbert need to step up.

Pace did good with the depth.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure about that. He got hurt once before where we thought he would be out longer and did not miss any time. Tough kid. If not Herbert and white RB time if Williams cannot go next week.
white or black should not be used .. how is the dialogue ever going to shift unless we all get called out for these comments ?

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Anything with the knee that does not require surgery: hyperextension, sprain, partial tear, I would be surprised if he returns to the field before week 12. Even with a brace, he would need to regain strength and confidence in it to be nearly as effective as he has been so far. It would be great if he returns sooner but just be realistic with your expectations.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Damien Williams suffered thigh bruise - should be good to go. Will be nice to see him back in full time duty along with Herbert.

We will definitely miss Monty for a few weeks at least

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Williams and Herbert need to step up.

Pace did good with the depth.
I agree the 3 RBs on the active roster are all pretty good options for any team. BUT, if Williams has a bruised thigh, and it turns out to be worse, the only RB we could bring in is Nall from the PS.

Do we think the Bears will turn to FA?
Pierce could make a return?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Update: we won't be getting updates now until Wednesday on his status :( Bears' David Montgomery: Injury update coming Wednesday

Has anyone had any luck finding a different view of the play (not sure when the all 22 comes out) when Monty was injured. I've heard several speculate from the one camera angle they showed on TV what it might be and I know the announcers said the replay was too gruesome to show but I'd love to see something a little closer just to get a better idea on what may have happened.

Last edited: