Moped to the Bills

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Good place for him to land.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Any place where he doesn't have to play is perfect for Mitch.
I agree he was a failed attempt to land a franchise QB, but he was an attempt.

All in all, Mitch was not some asshat that was bitter about being benched, or that gave a half-hearted effort. He tried hard to become what the coaches wanted him to be, he just is not a franchise QB.

He is young, and still has some skills, and I honestly think that his biggest downfall is his ability to process the field QUICKLY, and he may never overcome that, but he is still playing in the NFL, so I will wish him all the best....

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree he was a failed attempt to land a franchise QB, but he was an attempt.

All in all, Mitch was not some asshat that was bitter about being benched, or that gave a half-hearted effort. He tried hard to become what the coaches wanted him to be, he just is not a franchise QB.

He is young, and still has some skills, and I honestly think that his biggest downfall is his ability to process the field QUICKLY, and he may never overcome that, but he is still playing in the NFL, so I will wish him all the best....

oh I like the kid. I just hope he doesn’t become a franchise QB or we’re never ever ever going to hear the end of it. But I hope he has a healthy 10 year career as an NFL backup somewhere.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He is young, and still has some skills, and I honestly think that his biggest downfall is his ability to process the field QUICKLY, and he may never overcome that
That's just it. Has the physical skills just doesn't have the ability to process everything he's seeing at the speed the game moves. That's a skill. Some people are just really spatially aware and intelligent which seems to be the most critical aspect of being a QB. Tom Brady is one of the least physically talented QBs yet he's the best ever. Why? Because he knows what's going at every part of the field at all times without having to "think" about it, which puts him in position to know exactly where the ball needs to be and when.

mecha

Liked Posts:
hey man, some of the finest journeyman quarterbacks held the clipboard for about 10 years before switching it on

see also: Kyle Orton, Josh McCown

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
One year deal. The guy is going to end up on half a dozen teams before his career as a backup comes to an unremarkable end.