Mora's blog and McPimp

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not exactly Hawk Talk, but.......

I did that job on television for 17 years, and I was pretty good at it. I had good critical reviews. I won a handful of national, regional and local awards. I wrote a book about my beat. I broke stories. In fact, I broke one story on a national level, and in the wake of breaking that story, I was alone on top of the world and the top of my profession for about twelve hours. Hey, every dog has his day.

And then suddenly my day was done. I was out. Contract not renewed, in part because of that story. I may go into the reasons I lost my job in a future posting, but for now and for the record I did my job well. I did it right. I did it thoroughly, and I did it honestly. My firing, (ok, technically, the non-renewal of my contract) it was unfair, unjust and improperly explained to me. I didn’t do anything wrong, and was very much made to feel as if I had.

not surprising

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Someone please remind me what it was he reported that got him canned....I seriously don't remember.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Until he gives insight on his non-renewal, yawn.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bubbleheadchief"]Someone please remind me what it was he reported that got him canned....I seriously don't remember.[/quote]

He voiced his opinion on Tallon's firing in a CSN blog.

[quote name="E Runs"]Until he gives insight on his non-renewal, yawn.[/quote]

You know exactly why he was fired. Don't give anyone the "Yawn" bullshit.

[quote name="klemmer"]

He voiced his opinion on Tallon's firing in a CSN blog.[/quote]

He broke the story that the Bruins Column writer wrote that it was indeed Mcdonough that held up the qualifying offers ON PURPOSE.

Now Tallon was out of the OFFICE during those offers on Medical leave. So how he was responsible is beyond me. It was a clear effort by the "benevolent leader" to push out the only guy in the organization that would not KISS his ass. Tallon. Good or bad.

Josh just reported it. Since Comcast is indeed owned partially by the Blackhawks it was NOTHING for the asshole to have his contract NOT renewed. Which he clearly did.

Again, he is a SNAKE!

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

You know exactly why he was fired. Don't give anyone the "Yawn" bullshit.[/quote]

Yeah, and like I said until he divuldges all of I could give a shit. I have no wont to read the ramblings of a 40 something in midlife crisis mode trying to figure out "the meaning of it all". So, yawn.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was interesting when it happened last year, but there's really nothing new in this blog entry.

[quote name="E Runs"]

Yeah, and like I said until he divuldges all of I could give a shit. I have no wont to read the ramblings of a 40 something in midlife crisis mode trying to figure out "the meaning of it all". So, yawn.[/quote]

Wow.

Live and learn I guess.

I'm glad he can finally talk about it. Took him a long time to come to the realization of why exactly he was terminated. His time of denial was long, while many of us knew and told him exactly what caused it.

I care. He's a good friend. Glad he can get it off his chest. In what ever form he chooses. Maybe you don't know what went on, but a lot of us do. Without hearing him speak details of it. Can't wait someday to read Tallons writings.

[quote name="puckjim"]This was interesting when it happened last year, but there's really nothing new in this blog entry.[/quote]

No, but he can finally some what talk about it. And that's the first I've read where he actually lays the blame for his "timely" dismissal. So he's coming to realize what he denied was really what caused it.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I am glad he's out from the denial. Not sure if you saw if but he wrote a piece for The Committed Indian on the eve of the Finals where he expressly stated the organ-Ization had nothing to do with him losing his job. Reading it I thought, "Wow, really!?" because it was pretty easy to read between the lines. Maybe Josh should talk to fellow Chicago native Billy Jaffe who, despite being well liked by his network, MSG, was told by the Islanders he was too negative on their broadcasts and not to return.

Once again, if and when he chooses to "dish the dirt" on his non-renewal I'll be interested. Until then, I'm not. Look, Josh seems like a genuine nice guy, and I enjoyed his work but that doesn't equate to me wanting to know the ramifications of him turning 40 and wondering what he did with the first half of his life.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]I am glad he's out from the denial. Not sure if you saw if but he wrote a piece for The Committed Indian on the eve of the Finals where he expressly stated the organ-Ization had nothing to do with him losing his job. Reading it I thought, "Wow, really!?" because it was pretty easy to read between the lines. Maybe Josh should talk to fellow Chicago native Billy Jaffe who, despite being well liked by his network, MSG, was told by the Islanders he was too negative on their broadcasts and not to return.

Once again, if and when he chooses to "dish the dirt" on his non-renewal I'll be interested. Until then, I'm not. Look, Josh seems like a genuine nice guy, and I enjoyed his work but that doesn't equate to me wanting to know the ramifications of him turning 40 and wondering what he did with the first half of his life.[/quote]

I'm not really interested in that either.

What I am interested in is what went down, and this is the first time he's shined a little light on it as far as I know.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I don't get into conspiracy theories and this one about McD intentionally holding up the contracts last summer doesn't jive with me. Come on - what would be the point of that? To get Tallon in trouble to fire him? He could have done that without holding up the contracts.

sth

Liked Posts:
Believe me McD is capable of doing something like that. He is so petty about this stuff he will do something as complicated as that just to spite Tallon. And Mora is not his first firing of a commentator that doesn't toe the company line. Steve Stone who was an institution on Cubs games was fired by McD for being too critical of organizational moves. So this is old hat for that D-Bag.

[quote name="Kerfuffle"]I don't get into conspiracy theories and this one about McD intentionally holding up the contracts last summer doesn't jive with me. Come on - what would be the point of that? To get Tallon in trouble to fire him? He could have done that without holding up the contracts.[/quote]

LOL! So Naive.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]I don't get into conspiracy theories and this one about McD intentionally holding up the contracts last summer doesn't jive with me. Come on - what would be the point of that? To get Tallon in trouble to fire him? He could have done that without holding up the contracts.[/quote]

Firing the GM after the team made the conference finals wouldn't have looked too good.

[quote name="roshinaya"]

Firing the GM after the team made the conference finals wouldn't have looked too good.[/quote]

It still didn't look good.

And let's be clear here. Josh Mora ran with a story that was indeed reported by an extremely credible Boston Bruins Reporter. Something that was told to him, NOT even in the Hawks organization.

He broke the news in Blackhawk land but the NHL community knew a few days BEFORE exactly what went on. There is no question as to why the NHL GMs do not think very highly of our "esteemed" leader. And also NO SECRET in that community.

I will be the first one to say I know very little about the MLB SR. Management team but I do know some about the NHL and some that actually have good relationships with them. This is no secret amongst them. They don't like the guy. Most will probably be Ill seeing the engraving on the SC.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

And let's be clear here. Josh Mora ran with a story that was indeed reported by an extremely credible Boston Bruins Reporter. Something that was told to him, NOT even in the Hawks organization.[/quote]

Depends - if the Hawks brass thought Mora was reporting something as factual that was not then it would be irresponsible reporting. I'm not big on reporters running with breaking news that is based on he said / she said and goes through several people. I understand your point RK that you believe there was something sneaky and underhanded that took place here with the contracts but it just seems really far fetched to me.

[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Depends - if the Hawks brass thought Mora was reporting something as factual that was not then it would be irresponsible reporting. I'm not big on reporters running with breaking news that is based on he said / she said and goes through several people. I understand your point RK that you believe there was something sneaky and underhanded that took place here with the contracts but it just seems really far fetched to me.[/quote]

It was not irresponsible reporting. The Boston writer that originally ran with it is very well respected. You don't do anything to piss of John. Especially employees or those having direct ties to the organization. You do know the real reason Tallon was fired right? You are a season ticket holder and read a lot I'm assuming so you should know.

He was fired because he wouldn't KISS HIS ASS. He said "NO" and John doesn't like ti when you say no. It was NO secret what Josh reported. Especially if we the fans knew about it before he reported it. Which many did.

It cost Josh his job. ONLY because Comcast is partially owned by the Hawks. Had it been any other reporter I seriously doubt Mcdonough would have had the pull to have him axed. But since it was the "flagship" of the Hawks, it was rather easy to push him out.

You should read some of Steve Stones comments if you really think Mcdonough had no part in this. Amazing Stone now works for the White Sox and not the Cubs.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Depends - if the Hawks brass thought Mora was reporting something as factual that was not then it would be irresponsible reporting. I'm not big on reporters running with breaking news that is based on he said / she said and goes through several people. I understand your point RK that you believe there was something sneaky and underhanded that took place here with the contracts but it just seems really far fetched to me.[/quote]

But if it was incorrect, and thus "irresponsible reporting," shouldn't he have been fired immediately? To me, the fact that they didn't fire him meant they probably didn't have cause, and that the story was likely truthful. Also, as hellishly protective of the "brand" as the front office is, they likely would have sued Mora for libel if the story was completely false. They didn't do that.