Mora's blog and McPimp

[quote name="FlaHawkFan"]

But if it was incorrect, and thus "irresponsible reporting," shouldn't he have been fired immediately? To me, the fact that they didn't fire him meant they probably didn't have cause, and that the story was likely truthful. Also, as hellishly protective of the "brand" as the front office is, they likely would have sued Mora for libel if the story was completely false. They didn't do that.[/quote]

Exactly. Josh didn't want to believe that was what cost him his job. In fact doing his job, cost him his job. It would have been interesting if Kuc or Sassone ran with the story what exactly would have happened to them. You can bet your ass they both thought the same thing Josh did as neither are stupid.

Some day hopefully Tallon will write his autobiography. Although I think he has far too much class to throw this organization under the bus. Dudley CLEARLY stated why he left for Atlanta. His words in the interview were something to the tune "John clearly had too much going on in Hockey Operations". A guy that knew absolutely NOTHING about hockey to start with.

This team won the Cup DESPITE Mcdonoughs meddling. Even the LA Kings GM called out the Organization for what they did. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see Mcdonough at any of these meetings with guys who's whole life has revolved around the game. And here comes this ass, bumbling in.... yea.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]I am glad he's out from the denial. Not sure if you saw if but he wrote a piece for The Committed Indian on the eve of the Finals where he expressly stated the organ-Ization had nothing to do with him losing his job. Reading it I thought, "Wow, really!?" because it was pretty easy to read between the lines. Maybe Josh should talk to fellow Chicago native Billy Jaffe who, despite being well liked by his network, MSG, was told by the Islanders he was too negative on their broadcasts and not to return.

Once again, if and when he chooses to "dish the dirt" on his non-renewal I'll be interested. Until then, I'm not. Look, Josh seems like a genuine nice guy, and I enjoyed his work but that doesn't equate to me wanting to know the ramifications of him turning 40 and wondering what he did with the first half of his life.[/quote]

Give my Billy Jaffee over Olcyck six days to Sunday. Jaffee is 100 X's the analyist Olcyck will ever be.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]I don't get into conspiracy theories and this one about McD intentionally holding up the contracts last summer doesn't jive with me. Come on - what would be the point of that? To get Tallon in trouble to fire him? He could have done that without holding up the contracts.[/quote]

Sorry dude but unfortunately you would be labeled an idiot. Too many insiders have spoken the poop about what really went down so for you to mention "conspiracy" cracks me up. There was smoke and everyone found the fire and the fire was massive.

[quote name="Maiden"]

Sorry dude but unfortunately you would be labeled an idiot. Too many insiders have spoken the poop about what really went down so for you to mention "conspiracy" cracks me up. There was smoke and everyone found the fire and the fire was massive.[/quote]

I find it hard to believe that any fan on a message board, who reads a lot on this team, would not question what went down. Like you said there was far too much information out there not too.

Mcdonoughs damage control was to have Comcast deny the renewal of his contract. Basically because he was doing his job. Hell, even in the blog Mora questioned if it was true or not, but just writing about it got him his exit papers. That's fucking sad that as the PRESIDENT of an Organization, you are so afraid someone will question you.

FUCKING SNAKE!

Maiden

Liked Posts:
As many know I wasn;t a huge Mora fan but the way the whole thing played out was utter lunacy. Nobody should have been treated the way he was at the end. The cover up was Nixon like.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="Maiden"]

Sorry dude but unfortunately you would be labeled an idiot. Too many insiders have spoken the poop about what really went down so for you to mention "conspiracy" cracks me up. There was smoke and everyone found the fire and the fire was massive.[/quote]

Most fans have no clue about any of this.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]

McD could have fired Tallon at any time and for whatever reason he wanted (i.e. "philisophical differences"). Why would he choose to go the long route and hold back contracts? Problems were brewing with Tallon and McD a year before that. Remember was Savy was fired in Oct '08. Remember Tallon's body language at that press conference - I think everyone watching that could see the white elephant in the room and that his ass was on the line even back then.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

McD could have fired Tallon at any time and for whatever reason he wanted (i.e. "philisophical differences"). Why would he choose to go the long route and hold back contracts? Problems were brewing with Tallon and McD a year before that. Remember was Savy was fired in Oct '08. Remember Tallon's body language at that press conference - I think everyone watching that could see the white elephant in the room and that his ass was on the line even back then.[/quote]

But what you're missing is that Tallon was beloved among Hawks fans and especially the players. If McD had fired him at will, for no reason, there would have been a huge firestorm. There was a storm as it was but the failure to send out the offer sheets on time gave McD the cover he needed to make the move.

Yes, everybody knew McD and Tallon didn't get along. But that wouldn't have been a good reason for firing him in a lot of fans' eyes. The reception McD got at last year's Convention should tell you that.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

But if it was incorrect, and thus "irresponsible reporting," shouldn't he have been fired immediately? To me, the fact that they didn't fire him meant they probably didn't have cause, and that the story was likely truthful. Also, as hellishly protective of the "brand" as the front office is, they likely would have sued Mora for libel if the story was completely false. They didn't do that.[/quote]

Correct, and he wasn't fired, his contract was not renewed. SO he in fact did not get fired for irresponsible reporting, he was let go for reporting something that was not liked. I've never really followed Mora much before this, but I did always like his reporting and thought he was one of the few respectable people left in the trade.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you may like him or not, but Mike Kiley's last blog let you know what was going on in the organIzation as it relates to the press.

[quote name="fanof19"]you may like him or not, but Mike Kiley's last blog let you know what was going on in the organIzation as it relates to the press.[/quote]

While it might, the guy is a A #1 douche bag.

I'll add the article you are talking about though. Least I think it's the one...

Here's one talking about Tallon and Mcdonough--

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/bla...ry-tallon-firing--and-need-for-calm-gmvp.html

Here's the one Fanof19 is talking about---

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blackhawks-confidential/2010/09/the-old-man-and-the-see-saw.html

Variable

Liked Posts:
I know McDonough was too involved in hockey operations, but what I'm not too clear about was the Campbell signing. Was that McDonough or was that Tallon? I know Huet was McDonough's doing, but I've heard both regarding Campbell.

[quote name="Variable"]I know McDonough was too involved in hockey operations, but what I'm not too clear about was the Campbell signing. Was that McDonough or was that Tallon? I know Huet was McDonough's doing, but I've heard both regarding Campbell.[/quote]

Campbell IMO was Tallon. He was coming here long before Mcdonough was hired. They lump him into Mcdonough for some reason. And he, CAMPBELL was KEY in this team winning the Stanley Cup. Over payment or not. There is no doubt the TEAM as a whole transformed somewhat upon Campbells return during the Nashville series. One that they could have definitely lost. From that point on, Campbells return, the team kept improving every series.

I also feel very strongly had Mcdonough NOT pushed for Huet, this team would have had Ryan Miller the next year. Meaning they'd have gone with Khabi/Niemi two years ago, and had Miller/Niemi last year.

But, ironically Miller REUPPED in Buffalo a few short weeks after Huet was signed here in Chicago.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But what you're missing is that Tallon was beloved among Hawks fans and especially the players. If McD had fired him at will, for no reason, there would have been a huge firestorm. There was a storm as it was but the failure to send out the offer sheets on time gave McD the cover he needed to make the move.

Yes, everybody knew McD and Tallon didn't get along. But that wouldn't have been a good reason for firing him in a lot of fans' eyes. The reception McD got at last year's Convention should tell you that.[/quote]

Especially considering that the boys made to the WCF that season....

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I'm reading the articles here people are posting but most if not all of them are just rants and name calling by bloggers. Just want to offer a couple others reasons McD could have used for firing Tallon at any time. Even though we made the WCF in 2009 he still could have used one of these for the dismissal.

1) Philisophical differences (i.e. "we both had conflicting ideas on the future direction of this organization and I felt it was best to make a change")

2) Failure to manage the salary cap (i.e. "while we have a strong team we have also put ourselves into a difficult situation after the '09-10 season. Therefore we needed to make a change")

3) Getting rid of the old guard (i.e. "part of the success in the turnaround of this organization has been injecting new blood and new ideas into the realm of things here. I believe we need to continue that change including the GM position")

[quote name="Kerfuffle"]I'm reading the articles here people are posting but most if not all of them are just rants and name calling by bloggers. Just want to offer a couple others reasons McD could have used for firing Tallon at any time. Even though we made the WCF in 2009 he still could have used one of these for the dismissal.

1) Philisophical differences (i.e. "we both had conflicting ideas on the future direction of this organization and I felt it was best to make a change")

2) Failure to manage the salary cap (i.e. "while we have a strong team we have also put ourselves into a difficult situation after the '09-10 season. Therefore we needed to make a change")

3) Getting rid of the old guard (i.e. "part of the success in the turnaround of this organization has been injecting new blood and new ideas into the realm of things here. I believe we need to continue that change including the GM position")[/quote]

Not without getting flack from some of us STH's that give this organization $20,000.00 per year or more.

As it is he still got Flack because we are not dumb and knew exactly who caused the excuse he ultimately used.

I'd like to think the 40k I gave them last year gives me an ear to bitch at. Helps the owner sits right behind me.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Not without getting flack from some of us STH's that give this organization $20,000.00 per year or more.

As it is he still got Flack because we are not dumb and knew exactly who caused the excuse he ultimately used.[/quote]

Has anyone here confronted him face-to-face and told him this? What was his response / reaction?

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Has anyone here confronted him face-to-face and told him this? What was his response / reaction?[/quote]

He doesn't care. His arrogance is beyond what a normal person can comprehend.

[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Has anyone here confronted him face-to-face and told him this? What was his response / reaction?[/quote]

Our last conversation ended up in "Fuck Off". If you are so concerned or curious, you have a mouth, ask him. I find it odd you are so naive to all of this. I really do.

I'm sure his thoughts are if we don't like it, he'll find someone else to fill our seats. Similar to the employees. Even for those of us that take the brunt of the STH cost.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Our last conversation ended up in "Fuck Off". If you are so concerned or curious, you have a mouth, ask him. I find it odd you are so naive to all of this. I really do.

I'm sure his thoughts are if we don't like it, he'll find someone else to fill our seats. Similar to the employees. Even for those of us that take the brunt of the STH cost.[/quote]

Naive? Hardly. I just don't lose sleep over it. You don't think this is part of the business? GMs and coaches and personnel not getting along or some beef the team president is taking place. I bet you'd find similar instances of internal strife and he said / she said in other NHL clubs as well. No I don't know McD personally - but as I mentioned before he was cordial when we talked - obviously others had some pretty bad experiences with him which I believe are truthful. McD was more visible in the hallways 2 seasons ago then he was last season. And what I am going to ask him - "whats the real reason you fired Tallon?" I know he wouldn't tell me anyway and I expect he would respond with "Enjoy the game tonight".