Mora's blog and McPimp

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, very tense story.

I really hope he publishes the rest of it.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
He just put this out today....

okay sounds good - I thought this might be an old article that was published from last summer. Surprised Mora's only giving part of the story -it's old news at this point - just come out and say it ya know?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the true litimus test for Rocky/McD is when this team has a major downturn. Let's be frank; The talent on the team was inherited by both Rocky/McD. Whether or not they would have stayed on the team long enough to get a cup under Pullford/WWW is speculation, but anyways, right now we were, and for the most part stll are riding high.

At some point in the future, we won't be--such is sports. At that point, I think we'll see the mettle of oth of these guys--whether or not McD can make sure Talent comes before Hype, and wheter or not Rocky has the stones to let McD go if he puts hype before talent.

my $.02

R K

I always thought he was pretty balanced. Everyone has an opinion, even those reporting on the team. Not sure I understand the question.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I always thought he was pretty balanced. Everyone has an opinion, even those reporting on the team. Not sure I understand the question.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I think he chose those words not only because they are true but in order to "set up" the 2nd half of the story and what eventually occurred.

R K

Yea he got the shaft and none of the little minions or the new Hawk fans gave a shit.

Something about having Unbias media following the team that a certain someone doesn't like.

God forbid you be fair and partial. Ask Steve Stone...

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea he got the shaft and none of the little minions or the new Hawk fans gave a shit.

Something about having Unbias media following the team that a certain someone doesn't like.

God forbid you be fair and partial. Ask Steve Stone...

Great point, I almost forgot about that.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Explain Steve Stone for the rookies around here please gentlemen.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Explain Steve Stone for the rookies around here please gentlemen.

Stone was the long standing colour analyst for the Chicago Cubs, and like Mora was damn good at his job. One year apparently he was too critical of the team to the point where a player called up to the booth to complain. Can you imagine that!? There were also reports of confrontations (started by players) in elevators. So what did the front office, headed by John McDonough do about it, tell the team stop being babies, that Stone was only doing his job and the things he was saying were true? Naw, Stone, after 20+ years with the team, wasn't brought back.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
A comment left by Josh himself on the blog:

Yes, Dale is 100% class an 100% authentic. The truth about what happened to him is what I wrote in my original CSN blog last July, 2009. The truth about my situation is still untold, and the bad guys may surprise you. I apologize for making everyone wait for chapter 2, but this is part of a much larger work, and there are all kinds of i’s that need to be dotted and t’s that need to be crossed before I can continue. The support and interest from so many fans of the Hawks and of Chicago sports helps get us closer to that possibility.

Wonder what'll happen if someone post a link to this on the officials?

R K

It'll be deleted because that too is run by a "YES MAN" type of reality.

I don't blame him it's his job, but that said there's something about having just a TAD integrity.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

DO IT!!!!!

I would but I don't have an account there anymore.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
The clock is ticking, we'll see how long lasts and under what guise they'll use to flush it....

We really need to find Josh's original blog. I tried looking on Web Archive but wouldn't you know the CSN website blocks archiving.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

Interesting quote from Josh, especially the part about how the "bad guys will surprise you." Makes me wonder whether it was more Rocky than McD. Regardless, it looks to me as though by dotting the i's and crossing the t's, JM is making absolutely certain he can't be sued (at least not successfully) as a result of his story. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

R K

I looked for it too Eric. I'm pretty sure Klem posted it here in a previous thread but I could not find that either.

I have been friends with Josh since he started on the Hawks beat. That said I knew 100% why he was not renewed and even though I told him why, at the time he was still in denial. It appears that denial has faded some and he now sees just why he was not renewed.

Remember the Hawks own 20% of Comcast Chicago and have a say in who, what, when and why their team is covered. It's not like the Trib or Harold, even though I think those guys hold back in fear of access being terminated for saying the wrong thing.

Josh was always a good guy and always was a fair and not often bias reporter while reporting on the Hawks.

Not so much for some of the other ASS KISSERS these days.

Pat F. comes to mind.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Couldn't find the whole blog, but I found excerpts.

''First, some thoughts about Bowman. Stan is a very sharp guy. Though his background is the financial side, rather than the player/scouting side, he's been around hockey all his life. [He was named after the Stanley Cup, for Pete's sake!] He's been involved in the decisions about on-ice personnel since I've been around the team. With Stan, the club is in good hands going forward.

''But how Stan ascends to the general manager's position, and how it became available in the first place, betrays big political maneuverings in the front office. Those kinds of things are never healthy. ... These kinds of manifestations of petty jealousies are worrisome for a franchise that has had so much going in the right direction.''