More Coaching Staff Hires

Rise

Liked Posts:
Easy killer. The reality is, Cutler is gon start next year. Bears aren't getting better in FA. And any 2nd tier QBs they bring in as #2 can still start after 5-6 games if it comes to that. And the Bears aren't getting anyone in the draft ready to start either.

QB coaches come and go. No reason not to get a guy who might help while the Bears are stuck with Cutler.

I don't get this logic. So we just replace him next year after Cutler fails again? I get that we are stuck with cutler for another season but I don't understand why we would make any decisions with him in mind. What if we draft a good prospect in the 2nd round? Wouldn't we want the best possible coach for the new guy now not next year?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You mean there are still people that are surprised by news/evidence that Cutler will be on the team next year?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Easy killer. The reality is, Cutler is gon start next year. Bears aren't getting better in FA. And any 2nd tier QBs they bring in as #2 can still start after 5-6 games if it comes to that. And the Bears aren't getting anyone in the draft ready to start either.

QB coaches come and go. No reason not to get a guy who might help while the Bears are stuck with Cutler.

Well, Im still of the opinion the Bears would be better off cutting Jay, if they couldn't find a trade partner, and saving the 10M next year and going with a place holder for a season. Even if hes around theres absolutely no reason he shouldnt have to compete for the starting gig and definitely no reason any hire should be based around him. Bring in a QBC Gase/Fox truly believe in that theyd want around post cutler.

malcore

Maybe Fox hired this guy because he thinks he is good? Regardless of what Cutler feels? I mean, the Bears needed a QB coach. Just because Cutler is reported to have liked him a few years ago does not necessarily mean that is the reason he was hired.

And besides, Jake might care this year.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I don't get this logic. So we just replace him next year after Cutler fails again? I get that we are stuck with cutler for another season but I don't understand why we would make any decisions with him in mind. What if we draft a good prospect in the 2nd round? Wouldn't we want the best possible coach for the new guy now not next year?

So you are assuming that his only beneficial trait is that Cutler likes him?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the "we are going to get rid of Cutler" train has left the station at least for next year.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Maybe Fox hired this guy because he thinks he is good? Regardless of what Cutler feels? I mean, the Bears needed a QB coach. Just because Cutler is reported to have liked him a few years ago does not necessarily mean that is the reason he was hired.

And besides, Jake might care this year.

Its possible, but awfully coincidental... a QBC thats been with cleveland and Tenn, hasnt worked with either Fox or Gase, that just happens to have personal relationship with Cuntler is the best man for the job?

malcore

Its possible, but awfully coincidental... a QBC thats been with cleveland and Ten that just happens to have personal relationship with Cuntler is the best man for the job?

Agreed, but we don't know shit though. Yes, it seems possible, but we just don't know.

Rise

Liked Posts:
So you are assuming get that his only beneficial trait is that Cutler likes him?

Read the post I quoted. I was responding to the logic of that post. I don't know this coach from a hole in the wall.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
I don't midn that Cutler will be on the team thisnyear. That's pretty much a given. But to hire a QB coach that has a relationship with Cutler kind of shows that they still think they can help Cutler. It's not just a coincidence that they hired a guy that wants to work with Cutler and Cutler wanted to work with.

malcore

I don't midn that Cutler will be on the team thisnyear. That's pretty much a given. But to hire a QB coach that has a relationship with Cutler kind of shows that they still think they can help Cutler. It's not just a coincidence that they hired a guy that wants to work with Cutler and Cutler wanted to work with.

How do you know this?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Some of you are as moody as teenage girls:

ZOMG Fox is dreamy. He is putting together a great staff. I have trust in Fox.

Few hours later:

ZOMG Fox is a jerk. What is he doing? I don't have faith in this move and hire.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
At this point cutler shit play wont even make me angry, itll just be hilarious when throughout the season Jay is fucking the team over with the same old BS. I rather that not be the case, but all thats left to do is laugh. Meanwhile those that know wont be surprised in the least and the rest will continue to excuse him and expect more.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
props to makemyday for pulling that article from 2012

It was on Greenburgs twatter...I was going to post it as well...I want the great gnashing of teeth to begin.

malcore

At this point cutler shit play wont even make me angry, itll just be hilarious when throughout the season Jay is fucking the team over with the same old BS. I rather that not be the case, but all thats left to do is laugh.

Do you think Fox and Gase will abide that?