More Coaching Staff Hires

Newblood

Liked Posts:

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Maybe he was hired because Fox believes he is an up an comer Maybe he thought if this guy can get along with Jay he can get along with anyone. Maybe he thought McCarthy is a fat piece of man garbage but brilliant at offense and the bears need our own fatty offensive guru. Maybe he is connected to someone Pace or Accorsi knows and comes highly reccomended. Maybe aliens abducted Fox and brainwashed him to like Cutler and hire Cutler friends...... Lot of what ifs and maybies about the hire but none of us know for sure. The guy is here and I hope he is awesome.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It has nothing to do with believing that Cutler can be turned around and everything to do with the fact that there are no better options available in the 2015 draft or FA crop. That is reality.

Thats highly, highly, debatable, but besides the point... if you are stuck with Cutler, you in no way make a single hire based around him.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Wasn't that the headline this year?

Unfortunately, that may end up being the headline every year until his ass is finally forced to retire.

Anyway, with Jay under center next season no one should expect anything other than very inconsistent QB play with far too many turnovers. Because thats exactly what were going to get. Or in other words, a waste of time.

Meanwhile, flacco is going to have a career year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't that the headline this year?

no...not for the Bears....it may have been for fans and some media, but I think based on the contract next year holds that title.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Btw anybody got anything on the LB coach. Atlanta isn`t exactly known for thier stellar linebacker play

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Btw anybody got anything on the LB coach. Atlanta isn`t exactly known for thier stellar linebacker play

Another good question. I wonder if he's a 3-4 guy. No clue about anything to do with Falcons defense either.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Thats highly, highly, debatable, but besides the point... if you are stuck with Cutler, you in no way make a single hire based around him.

From all of the get ride of Cutler posts, I'm can't remember reading a single one that had a viable option for a day one 2015 starter that was an upgrade over Cutler and a possible long term answer. So I would welcome any solutions

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
From all of the get ride of Cutler posts, I'm can't remember reading a single one that had a viable option for a day one 2015 starter that was an upgrade over Cutler and a possible long term answer. So I would welcome any solutions

Thats because you believe Jay brings something to the table that any random place holder wouldnt, and thats flat out false.

Bears93

Liked Posts:

I don't think there are any. There's a couple guys I'd like for the Bears to groom. But, that's why I'm not on the trade or cut Cutler bandwagon. He gives us our best chance this year. But, doesn't mean I don't wanna see a signing or draft pick to show him to step up or you will be replaced. A Hundley or Grayson draft pick or even a guy like Locker who showed a little bit of promise sometimes before injuries and is a guy who might get another chance somewhere. Just to show Cutler were not fucking around

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I don't think there are any. There's a couple guys I'd like for the Bears to groom. But, that's why I'm not on the trade or cut Cutler bandwagon. He gives us our best chance this year. But, doesn't mean I don't wanna see a signing or draft pick to show him to step up or you will be replaced. A Hundley or Grayson draft pick or even a guy like Locker who showed a little bit of promise sometimes before injuries and is a guy who might get another chance somewhere. Just to show Cutler were not fucking around

I think this is perfectly logical and realistic.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Btw I don't really want Hundley or Locker as any sort of solutions for QB but just a couple examples.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Btw I don't really want Hundley or Locker as any sort of solutions for QB but just a couple examples.

I know what you are saying and agree. I have no problem finding a guy to groom, and would like to see that happen. And I haven't seen any option that could start day one and be an upgrade over Culter. The Bears are more than likely stuck with cutler this year, so may as well try to win with him. And I know it's unfathomable, but what if Cutler does have succces under the new regime? It could at the very least, buy the Bears another year to groom that young Qb or find that young Qb in next year's draft and groom him.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
I know what you are saying and agree. I have no problem finding a guy to groom, and would like to see that happen. And I haven't seen any option that could start day one and be an upgrade over Culter. The Bears are more than likely stuck with cutler this year, so may as well try to win with him. And I know it's unfathomable, but what if Cutler does have succces under the new regime? It could at the very least, buy the Bears another year to groom that young Qb or find that young Qb in next year's draft and groom him.

I'd love for him to have success. I hope the best for him and really hope he makes the Bears look good. I just am not having high expectations anymore. Anyone that knows me in person knows I have always gave him the benefit of the doubt. It's finally starting to wear off however.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I like how narratives get formed and presumed. I get it.. but if he didn't have any connection to Cutler at all he'd be barred by many as a slightly experienced but generic yes man to Gase.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'd love for him to have success. I hope the best for him and really hope he makes the Bears look good. I just am not having high expectations anymore. Anyone that knows me in person knows I have always gave him the benefit of the doubt. It's finally starting to wear off however.

I'm with you, I am not expecting much from him, but would love to be surprised. And I have to imagine the new staff is already trying to position themselves for a future without Cutler. Will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next year. Hope it's good!

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I like how narratives get formed and presumed. I get it.. but if he didn't have any connection to Cutler at all he'd be barred by many as a slightly experienced but generic yes man to Gase.

Haha, I could totally see that happening

Bears93

Liked Posts:

Very true. Does this guy have any connections to anyone hired? Or did Fox just think he's a talented QB coach you think?