More Hated: Heat or Lakers?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gomes and telfair are eh, it's not the Celtics fault that the timberwolves made 2 bad draft picks

What I'm saying is the Wolves never had to trade KG, KG didn't request a specific team, so Minnesota could have searched for the best possible deal or kept him, same with Seattle

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is the Wolves never had to trade KG, KG didn't request a specific team, so Minnesota could have searched for the best possible deal or kept him, same with Seattle

Kevin McHale wanted to help Danny Ainge out.

Seattle was likely high on Jeff Green...Their mistake.

And as I said before, it was Minnesota's fault they failed to use the draft picks correctly.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

And as I said before, it was Minnesota's fault they failed to use the draft picks correctly.

Minnesota basically just got a draft pick back they had already traded away and a late 1st round pick(which are pretty much worthless in the NBA) Al Jefferson, and a bunch of poop for Kevin Garnett.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The KG trade was a courtesy deal between 2 friends. Plus this is Kevin McHale we are talking about. He was a horrible GM who screwed his own team over for 5 YEARS, all because he wanted to ensure that Joe Shmoe Smith wouldn't leave as a FA. How the guy even retained his job after that debacle is mind boggling.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Minnesota was pretty dumb doing that trade really. I guess Al Jefferson wasn't bad, but nowhere near enough for a guy like Garnett. Seattle made the mistake of thinking Jeff Green was gonna be legit. He's meh...decent player, but not really #5 material.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Like I said though it was the Wolves and the Sonic's choice, no ones hand was forced, Celtics front office was aggressive and shrewd, and it worked out

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The celtics started the big 3 shit
jordan_pippen_rodman.jpg

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The NBA had many teams with big threes. There were less teams in the 80's and prior to that. I think aggressive expansion in the 80's and early 90's lead more talent to be spread out among the NBA. Its why I'm actually in favor of eliminating a few teams because simply put there are a few in this league that will simply never compete in the league for reasons of location and of course money. However, I don't see that ever happening.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
screw the lakers and the heat. Go Bulls.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
I hate the Heat because the three amigos and probably Riley were in collusion to join the same team. They teased other teams, especially the Cavs and their fans, when they already knew where they were going. STD Wade used his orgies and hot tropical Miami weather to lure them over to the dark side. Bosh should have joined us.

Chitown777

Liked Posts:
With the addition of Dwight Howard I think that the Lakers have become the new Heat. The Lakers will be more talked about and the Heat will be an after thought. And at this point id rather see a Heat Championship than a Lakers.

I despise the Lakers more than any other team. Living in Miami and hearing all these idiots talk about "the big 3" and that Lebron will be/and is better than Jordan, I am pulling for the Lakers this year to beat the Heat in the Finals.

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
I'll put the current Miami Heat up against ANY Jordan led Bulls team in their prime. My money would be on the Jordan led Bulls.

Honestly though, I say screw both the Lakers and Heat.

Liked Posts:
With the Bulls likely out of contention this season, the OKC Thunder default as the Championship-caliber team I'd assume the majority of Chicago will be supporting. However, if I had to pick between the Heat & Lakers, I'm taking the Lakers. As much as I dread the Jordan-comparison floodgates that will open if Kobe wins his 6th title, I'll be quick to point out that Kobe was arguably the 2nd best player on 4-5 of those teams. As much as Kobe emulates Michael and shares a very similar game, he should be first considered the most successful sidekick of all-time rather than the greatest ever.

All of this though probably speaks more to my hatred of LeBron than anything else.