Most of These QB Rumors Are All BS!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean....yes but no. There aren't really any practical options at QB.

Spending 20m on a qb pretty much ensures that pace/nagy are gone after next year too. Bringing in tom brady would even be a recipe for failure with this offensive line and running game.

Some people think however if you just get a QB it fixes one of the most inept offenses in bears history. That's just false.

I have no idea what they're going to do, but I believe we'll have a lot of changes for next year.

The running game was bad. But pass protection was average. I believe the rumors that Nagy doesn't trust Trubisky anymore and has let Pace know. Ppl talking about fixing the running game, we could use upgrades at RG and both ends.

As infrequently as Nagy runs, I don't see him investing in 3 o-linemen. I would think he gets a QB that he could send out there when he benches Trubisky.

Last edited:

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Serious Question: If Trubisky puts up 3 points in the opener and we see the same problems, is he benched?

No.

Pace bet his reputation on Mitch and Nagy knows where his bread is buttered.

With Jackson, Mahomes, Watson and Jimmy G getting drafted or traded all around you and you had an opportunity to get any of those guys.

Just pause to think about that for a minute.

Ryan Pace could've had any one of Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Jimmy G.

Yet not only did he choose Mitch, but he traded up to get him. Meanwhile all of those guys he ignored have either won MVP awards, won a Super Bowl, gotten to a Super Bowl or have had at least a deep playoff run.

If Mitch doesn't work out, or if Pace doesn't made a big ass move to get somebody who does work out, Pace is ruined as a GM.

Who in their right mind would hire him again?

Fields2021

Fields 2021, Make Da Bears Great Again!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Dodgers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No.

Pace bet his reputation on Mitch and Nagy knows where his bread is buttered.

With Jackson, Mahomes, Watson and Jimmy G getting drafted or traded all around you and you had an opportunity to get any of those guys.

Just pause to think about that for a minute.

Ryan Pace could've had any one of Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Jimmy G.

Yet not only did he choose Mitch, but he traded up to get him. Meanwhile all of those guys he ignored have either won MVP awards, won a Super Bowl, gotten to a Super Bowl or have had at least a deep playoff run.

If Mitch doesn't work out, or if Pace doesn't made a big ass move to get somebody who does work out, Pace is ruined as a GM.

Who in their right mind would hire him again?

I don't think he'll ever get another GM job anyway. I think that pick has ensured that. If he even gets an interview, this pick will be discussed at length. He'll probably say he also wanted Carson Wentz to make himself look better or something like that.

I also think all of those 2018 QBs taken in the first round are all better than Mitch. Maybe even Rosen.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious Question: If Trubisky puts up 3 points in the opener and we see the same problems, is he benched?

Maybe not the first game, but I'm betting he could be benched in the first 5.

There's really nothing to lose. If he's still having all the scoring issues, he's not going to get resigned, so if we get a FA vet, we might as well send him out.

Again, we are not saying a vet will come in, score 35 ppg, and win the SB. We just hoping for an extra TD a game. One more TD and we would have had 10 or 11 wins.

Last edited:

jive

Liked Posts:
Are all of the QB rumors BS or all of the “most” rumors or just most of the rumors are BS

confusing
"Most" refers to the quantity of rumors. "All BS" refers to the quality of rumors. It's pretty simple.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

does Nagy try and run the ball this game?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we'll get a good vet QB. I cannot see Pace & Nagy leaving their jobs to Trubisky.

I don't believe we're shopping Mack for a first rounder. That doesn't make sense on so many levels. I think there's a better chance we trade Trubisky, but that's slim too.

Nobody is giving up a 1st rounder AND picking up that contract !!

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think he'll ever get another GM job anyway. I think that pick has ensured that. If he even gets an interview, this pick will be discussed at length. He'll probably say he also wanted Carson Wentz to make himself look better or something like that.

I also think all of those 2018 QBs taken in the first round are all better than Mitch. Maybe even Rosen.

You bring up a good point.

Say Pace is interviewing for another GM job somewhere. They ask him about why he took Mitch when Mahomes and Watson were there. He could've traded for Jimmy G. He could've drafted Jackson.

What could he possibly say that wouldn't make the interviewer think he's an idiot?

For Pace's sake, hopefully he's to the McCaskeys what Paxson is to Reinsdorf.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
hey guys, rumors are rumors!

Seems mocking of OP, but come on, you aren't new here. Latest rumor is Nagy always had Mahomes number one in 2017 draft. Rumors when he came here was he wanted Mitch in KC. You and I both know that it's all BS and the truth will never be known but click on that "Nagy always wanted Mahomes" thread and watch the flow of posters not understanding rumors from verified facts.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm intrigued by the QB for the Houston Roughnecks. I know it's the XFL, but the kid was impressive yesterday. Former Temple QB PJ Walker.

Meh. He was inaccurate as hell. Not wildly but just off the numbers often. His winning TD pass was a duck that would get eaten alive by an NFL CB.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Case Keenum, Nate Sudfield, or AJ McCarron ............these guys are immobile, garbage and will not provide any competition at the Qb position. Might as keep Daniel & Bray.

QFT. Although Keenum would be better than Chase and maybe worth the flyer cause he can catch fire at times, it would be a solid no to Sudfeld and McCarron. Replace Chase (he is overpaid even for a backup) with a cheaper option and roll with whoever but don't pay extra $$ for market-inflated names if that is what happens with Sudfeld and McCarron.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm intrigued by the QB for the Houston Roughnecks. I know it's the XFL, but the kid was impressive yesterday. Former Temple QB PJ Walker.
He would be an upgrade in this system over Bray and Daniels

msadows

Liked Posts:
QFT. Although Keenum would be better than Chase and maybe worth the flyer cause he can catch fire at times, it would be a solid no to Sudfeld and McCarron. Replace Chase (he is overpaid even for a backup) with a cheaper option and roll with whoever but don't pay extra $$ for market-inflated names if that is what happens with Sudfeld and McCarron.

Keenum should 100% be the choice. He's had previous success, is mobile, and won't take up much cap. He'll also prob take a one year deal since he will feel like there is a good chance he could see the field as a starter again.

Not the sexy pick, but the logical and safe one.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

He would be an upgrade in this system over Bray and Daniels

I like Jordan Ta'Mu as well.

==============

Walker

Walker finished with 272 passing yards and four touchdowns in the 37-17 victory, and he also rushed for 26 yards.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Meh. He was inaccurate as hell. Not wildly but just off the numbers often. His winning TD pass was a duck that would get eaten alive by an NFL CB.
Inaccurate? You must be thinking of a different QB or game. The kid was on almost every single pass. The only questionable play he had was an INT.

These teams have had a little over a month to learn an entire offense, and this was the first time any hitting was allowed at all. No preseason.

Go watch again...

Fields2021

Fields 2021, Make Da Bears Great Again!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Dodgers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bray and Daniel are a legit joke of a QB room. This just shows people how much confidence Pace had in Trubisky, an enormous amount. His plan is going south. That's why I think there is a small chance he maybe did talk to the Bengals about the #1 pick. Also I don't understand why Mitch couldn't learn the playbook with someone like Chase there who's been around the system for years, he's basically paid to help Mitch learn. Maybe that's one of the reasons Nagy wants to move off him if those rumors are true.