Mully and Hanley this morning....

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Just numbly listening to The Score this morning. I never really believed in the "gap in talent" issue. I mean, they are all professional players, but it is just that. We have DB's who commit penalties on long plays. On the second PI on Ball, I actually cringed when Palmer threw it. I figured if it wasn't caught, there was a high probability our talentless DB's would stick out their hands early.

No QB hits, no sacks, barely any pressure, it's insane. Allen I think CAN be serviceable. McPhee will break out. Our linebackers are just atrocious and their lack of talent exposes our DL's much more which naturally exposes our secondary. Fangio relies on LB's. Without some LB's that can play in his scheme, we may as well have Tucker back.

Emory fucked this organization in his horrible drafts and like the guys on the radio said, you can't make up for a bad draft by signing marquis free agents. That's what we've been doing..Not only are we failing in the draft, but the marquis FA signings are not even panning out! Houston, Allen, (jury still out on McPhee), Rolle, etc..

Our offense has 5-6 potential Pro Bowlers!! Forte, Bennett, Alshon, Long, Slauson!! We were competing with Cutler! Bad mistake in an opportune time which is one of the biggest reasons he's not a star. But he was doing good within Gase's system in the last 2 weeks.

I'm a very optimistic, half full glass kind of guy, but it's hard to get excited for a game when Clausen is the starting QB. Let the downward spiral continue....There is no optimism with Clausen. NONE...I don't care how many practice snaps he gets this week. Doesn't seem we'll sign a guy off the streets either. Let's hope and pray Cutler can come back ASAP. Stiil a lost / rebuilding season, but at least I can get a semi-erection if the game is close at halftime.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Just numbly listening to The Score this morning. I never really believed in the "gap in talent" issue. I mean, they are all professional players, but it is just that. We have DB's who commit penalties on long plays. On the second PI on Ball, I actually cringed when Palmer threw it. I figured if it wasn't caught, there was a high probability our talentless DB's would stick out their hands early.

No QB hits, no sacks, barely any pressure, it's insane. Allen I think CAN be serviceable. McPhee will break out. Our linebackers are just atrocious and their lack of talent exposes our DL's much more which naturally exposes our secondary. Fangio relies on LB's. Without some LB's that can play in his scheme, we may as well have Tucker back.

Emory fucked this organization in his horrible drafts and like the guys on the radio said, you can't make up for a bad draft by signing marquis free agents. That's what we've been doing..Not only are we failing in the draft, but the marquis FA signings are not even panning out! Houston, Allen, (jury still out on McPhee), Rolle, etc..

Our offense has 5-6 potential Pro Bowlers!! Forte, Bennett, Alshon, Long, Slauson!! We were competing with Cutler! Bad mistake in an opportune time which is one of the biggest reasons he's not a star. But he was doing good within Gase's system in the last 2 weeks.

I'm a very optimistic, half full glass kind of guy, but it's hard to get excited for a game when Clausen is the starting QB. Let the downward spiral continue....There is no optimism with Clausen. NONE...I don't care how many practice snaps he gets this week. Doesn't seem we'll sign a guy off the streets either. Let's hope and pray Cutler can come back ASAP. Stiil a lost / rebuilding season, but at least I can get a semi-erection if the game is close at halftime.
really??

i heard of believing only half of what you see but god damn are you blind?

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Am I blind? No.. A little naive sometimes? Maybe. But I guess all of that doesn't matter. Let me know if you want to step outside and talk about it.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You never thought of a talent gap?

The educated fan knew this would happen. It's not a surprise because we have a huge talent gap. Yes we have several good players but it obviously takes more then some talent to succeed in this league.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Am I blind? No.. A little naive sometimes? Maybe. But I guess all of that doesn't matter. Let me know if you want to step outside and talk about it.

I'm curious how you think a hall of fame player is made. I assume you would have to believe they are purely a byproduct of good coaching.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
I'm curious how you think a hall of fame player is made. I assume you would have to believe they are purely a byproduct of good coaching.

It doesn't matter what I think. I wrote a post with what my thoughts were. If you don't like it, we can agree to disagree.. Or the invitation is still open to step outside.

A HOF player is made with God-given talent, a good scheme, and decent supporting cast. Like Rex Grossman for instance.. Poor guy only had Berrian to throw it to. He would have clearly been a first ballot if we had a little more out of Ahmad Mohammad, but he came to Chicago as a martyr to die he said. The result was lack of effort on his part and no HOF induction for Sex Cannon.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the worst Bears team in my watching lifetime.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter what I think. I wrote a post with what my thoughts were. If you don't like it, we can agree to disagree.. Or the invitation is still open to step outside.

A HOF player is made with God-given talent, a good scheme, and decent supporting cast. Like Rex Grossman for instance.. Poor guy only had Berrian to throw it to. He would have clearly been a first ballot if we had a little more out of Ahmad Mohammad, but he came to Chicago as a martyr to die he said. The result was lack of effort on his part and no HOF induction for Sex Cannon.

You write a post comprised of your thoughts and then say it doesn't matter what you think? Makes sense...

If you believed that they are "all professional players" and that there is no talent gap, then supporting cast would be irrelevant, since every other team would have equal supporting cast. Same thing with "God-given talent". In your original statement, all the players would have equal God-given talent.

I'm sensing that you didn't really think this through...

Edit: Beside, from your original statement, it sounds like you don't even agree with your original logic. So not sure why you are upset that others do not agree with it. I was just asking, more out of curiously of your original train of thought.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
This is the worst Bears team in my watching lifetime.

may well be.

but can we please quit putting all the blame for lack of talent at the feet of Emery and Trestman ONLY?

why does no one (or nearly no one) hold Angelo and Lovie tandem accountable, too?! for cryin' out loud, it was a mere 4 & 3 years ago (respectively) that they were still in charge, and we have 1... ONE single player still on the roster they drafted and developed - Forte.

Angelo was worse than Emery, and was in charge of personnel for far too long, while Lovie was terrible at evaluating talent, too, and working together with Jerry was a lethal combination, as Lovie and his staffs were awful at developing anyone, either.

Lovie did not develop any depth, always using primarily starters for his entire time. so when any key player went down (e.g. Urlacher), the team, defense in particular, would falter. there was never anyone ready enough to step up. poor talent evaluators, poor depth and no development of anyone they did have...

the ultimate result was that the cupboard was bare when Emery was hired, and we all know he didn't do much better than Angelo (e.g. McClellin).

the last TWO GMs and coaches drove this franchise down into the depths, where it is now!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<snip>
<snip>
Our offense has 5-6 potential Pro Bowlers!! Forte, Bennett, Alshon, Long, Slauson!! We were competing with Cutler! Bad mistake in an opportune time which is one of the biggest reasons he's not a star. But he was doing good within Gase's system in the last 2 weeks. <snip>

Very good points. I think Emery meant well, but was in over his head. The FA signings have indeed been an attempt to "cover" the holes until we couple of drafts done and can replenish the talent.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
You write a post comprised of your thoughts and then say it doesn't matter what you think? Makes sense...

If you believed that they are "all professional players" and that there is no talent gap, then supporting cast would be irrelevant, since every other team would have equal supporting cast. Same thing with "God-given talent". In your original stament, all the players would have equal God-given talent.

I'm sensing that you didn't really think this through...

Yeah, maybe...actually, probably.. I'll blame that on the 4 pitchers of Bud Light and shots of Fireball and the effect it is having on my brain today while trying to get through the work day. I would focus more on my boring $195k a year finance job, but I can't since the thought of starting Clausen makes me want to do irrational things, so I'm actually doing my clients a favor by not talking to them today. I'll be here all day. What time does Boers & Borstein start? I might try to whack down a 6 pack on my lunch break and call in.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
It is the talent, everyone on this board was saying this before the season, but the bears have only played one bad half of football with maybe their four best players gone IMO.

AussieBear

may well be.

but can we please quit putting all the blame for lack of talent at the feet of Emery and Trestman ONLY?

why does no one (or nearly no one) hold Angelo and Lovie tandem accountable, too?! for cryin' out loud, it was a mere 4 & 3 years ago (respectively) that they were still in charge, and we have 1... ONE single player still on the roster they drafted and developed - Forte.

Angelo was worse than Emery, and was in charge of personnel for far too long, while Lovie was terrible at evaluating talent, too, and working together with Jerry was a lethal combination, as Lovie and his staffs were awful at developing anyone, either.

Lovie did not develop any depth, always using primarily starters for his entire time. so when any key player went down (e.g. Urlacher), the team, defense in particular, would falter. there was never anyone ready enough to step up. poor talent evaluators, poor depth and no development of anyone they did have...

the ultimate result was that the cupboard was bare when Emery was hired, and we all know he didn't do much better than Angelo (e.g. McClellin).

the last TWO GMs and coaches drove this franchise down into the depths, where it is now!

trust me, we blamed those bitches for years too.. even during the emery/trest reign

Darkman

Liked Posts:
trust me, we blamed those bitches for years too.. even during the emery/trest reign

Yep, emery/trest made shit worse but we can never forget the foundation of our decline.