My man Austin Booker catching eyes and breaking necks!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
LAKE FOREST, Ill., — The Chicago Bears pass rush could ultimately be the deciding factor in success for this unit in 2024. We know what Montez Sweat can provide in terms of a consistent rush and DeMarcus Walker feels 100 percent after playing hurt last season. But outside of that, there are questions about the unit and hopes that someone else can stand out.

So far in training camp, there have been a pair of defensive ends that have caught defensive coordinator Eric Washington's attention. Following Tuesday's practice, Washington had praise for both Jacob Martin and Austin Booker. A veteran and a rookie trying to earn their role on this team.
My man Zack Pearson killing it with the hope!

I liked Austin Booker going to us for a long time, probably first on this board to notice him. We may have a superstar in the wings.

He really came out a year too early to go high, and he was all potential.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bookers pre draft comp was Maxx Crosby. I might temper my expectations down from 10 sacks and DROY to 8-1/2 sacks and runner up for DROY.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Booker is showing enough to be the guy early but if the Bear still feel there's a need at DE, Carl Lawson would probably be the best available if healthy.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of what Booker is showing, they need to bring in at least 1 more body. (They might wait to roster cut downs though)

Jacob Martin is in his 7th year... At this point, he is what he is.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Regardless of what Booker is showing, they need to bring in at least 1 more body. (They might wait to roster cut downs though)

Jacob Martin is in his 7th year... At this point, he is what he is.
Bears also desperately need another playable DT

msadows

Liked Posts:

Do they? Im guessing they like the fat boi from illinois, that makes 4. Hard to tell w/o any preseason games or camp reports on him yet. Dude may just end up practice squad garbage.

Walker is also gonna play a lot of DT likely on passing downs.

I expect a DE but would be surprised if they sign another DT.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think they already have that.

DT from Illinois, Randolph, is a good backup at 1T while Pickens can back to his best position, 3T.

At this point, money is an issue and the Bears cannot hope to find an affordable DT who is good and somehow not a bank breaker sitting in around in Free Agency or soon to be cut.

There are 12 million left and the Bears need to keep a reserve in case of an unexpected injury replacement. Picking up a DE will take a good part, not great, of the remaining cap space.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Do they? Im guessing they like the fat boi from illinois, that makes 4. Hard to tell w/o any preseason games or camp reports on him yet. Dude may just end up practice squad garbage.

Walker is also gonna play a lot of DT likely on passing downs.

I expect a DE but would be surprised if they sign another DT.
There were a lot of teams interested in Randolph. He is probably gone if the does not make the 53 man roster.

If he doesn't make the roster, hopefully the Bears saw enough red flags to not want him. It would be sad if he leaves and becomes a solid starter at a bargain basement price.