My man Austin Booker catching eyes and breaking necks!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’d be shocked if one of the first 3 picks isn’t an edge.

Of course I probably said that about center last year.
Hopefully center isn't on our list next because Bates or Shelton show to be the real deal. I think Bates has a good chance at it.

I saw that Connor Williams is visiting the Seahawks today.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully center isn't on our list next because Bates or Shelton show to be the real deal. I think Bates has a good chance at it.

I saw that Connor Williams is visiting the Seahawks today.

Poles fucking loves Bates. And he has a year left on his deal at a good price next year. Could be a “bridge” center if they drafted someone next year too. 🤷‍♂️

No Connor Williams makes me sad.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Poles fucking loves Bates. And he has a year left on his deal at a good price next year. Could be a “bridge” center if they drafted someone next year too. 🤷‍♂️
I know for whatever reason he was never able to secure a full time starting job in Buffalo but he was really good when he did play at G and C. Maybe they just had really solid guys starting and just couldn't get Bates in over someone because they were already solid. Fingers crossed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ouch, don't think he would be able to be hidden and make it through waivers.
You can hide anyone you want and I don't think this will happen. Wasn't a prediction. It's actually harder to do that this year with Hard Knox there. Forgot that aspect of the situation as well.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Is Khari Blasingame really that big of a need for us? I mean i like the guy but not sure he's a huge need for us and maybe guys like Roschon and Mercedes Lewis could take care of his blocking assignments he does for us.
Like I said, I am sure I was missing someone. Blasingame is in a tough fight for his spot and TE4 might end up taking his few snaps.

Liked Posts:
Not trying to be a pessimist, but we had these hopes for guys like Trevis Gipson and Dom Robinson, same hopes they could blossom into a nice rotational piece and be a late draft pick from in house that finally be the answer to a critical question--who gets home when Tez gets doubled/taken out of a play? It wasn't Dexter, or Walker, or Billings, Ngokue, or really anybody last year.

But let's keep some perspective. The dude's a 5th round pick, and the 12th DE/Edge taken in the draft--for a reason. Furthermore, I'm not convinced Eric Washington will get the extra we want to see out of him. In Buffalo, 1st round pick Greg Rousseau regressed under Wash, and its not like guys like Floyd, Lawson, Ed Oliver, and AJ Epenesa never had success prior to Washington arriving to Buffalo--so they hype around Washington 'developing a guy' is lost with me.

I'd love to be wrong, but I think the bears will still be looking for DE2 come the offseason, unless they take another flyer on a guy like Ngokue/one of the Lawsons and he produces.
That's the name of the game though. Probably a good 60 to 70% + of the drafted players are either going to bust or fall short of hopeful expectations.

You can still slap your balls on the table and give the high end assessment and if your wrong then your wrong. So what. Reserving your optimism on an unknown isn't going to change the situation for better or worse

I like the Booker pick alot. Out of all of Poles mid-late round projects, Booker is the one I like most. I think he's an off-season of strength building and weight addition from being 2012 Corey Wooten with consistency as a very productive rotational option. Maybe more.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
My man Zack Pearson killing it with the hope!

I liked Austin Booker going to us for a long time, probably first on this board to notice him. We may have a superstar in the wings.

He really came out a year too early to go high, and he was all potential.
Always the optimist but I like Booker a lot, he will be a star.