My updated QB wants

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After hearing Wilson possibly being on the block I've updated my list and yes this needed its own thread.

1) Deshaun Watson
2) Russell Wilson
3) Derek Carr
4) Aaron Rodgers
5) Pace and Nagy being fired for missing on great QBs

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cannot see any reason at all why somebody would want Deshaun Watson over Russell Wilson.
Image result for the meatheads are coming

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He's 7 years younger?
I think the whole point of such a trade is that you fly the long-term future of the Bears into the sun for a chance at capitalizing on a two-year window. Russell Wilson has missed the playoffs once in ten years and those Seahawks teams have been mostly talentless since their Legion of Boom disintegrated.

All those excuses people twist themselves in to excuse Deshaun Watson's trainwreck 2020 season? None of them are necessary for Wilson. He even has the ring.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Seahawks without Russell Wilson are probably the same four win team that the Texans are with Deshaun Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I cannot see any reason at all why somebody would want Deshaun Watson over Russell Wilson.

You mean besides the fact they had similar numbers but Watson is 7 years younger?

I think the whole point of such a trade is that you fly the long-term future of the Bears into the sun for a chance at capitalizing on a two-year window. Russell Wilson has missed the playoffs once in ten years and those Seahawks teams have been mostly talentless since their Legion of Boom disintegrated.

All those excuses people twist themselves in to excuse Deshaun Watson's trainwreck 2020 season? None of them are necessary for Wilson. He even has the ring.

Watson has made the playoffs in 2 of the 3 years he has finished a season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You mean besides the fact they had similar numbers but Watson is 7 years younger?
Their numbers in the one statistic that matters most could not be less similar.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks without Russell Wilson are probably the same four win team that the Texans are with Deshaun Watson.

The Seahawks with Watson are probably the same 12 win team that they were with Wilson.

Their numbers in the one statistic that matters most could not be less similar.

Weird so you are ignoring the other years Watson made the playoffs but then counting all the years Wilson made the playoffs.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
FYI - current list of QBs that are or could be available:

Fitzpatrick (Miami drafting 3rd)
Ryan (ATL drafting 4th)
Wentz
Carr
Wilson
Prescott
Garoppolo
Darnold
Minshew

If you want quality, it's really only 5 to choose from, and even they are a risk to fail:

Least risky
1)Wilson
2) Carr
3) Prescott
4) Ryan
5) Wentz
Most risky

To play it safe, it's really only between Wilson and Carr, and there is a drop off to Carr.

Anyone else is going to come in with some issues.

Other than Prescott, but he may not be available.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After hearing Wilson possibly being on the block I've updated my list and yes this needed its own thread.

1) Deshaun Watson
2) Russell Wilson
3) Derek Carr
4) Aaron Rodgers
5) Pace and Nagy being fired for missing on great QBs

1. Watson
2. Wilson
3. Anyone that gets Pace & Nagy fired

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Seahawks with Watson are probably the same 12 win team that they were with Wilson.

Weird so you are ignoring the other years Watson made the playoffs but then counting all the years Wilson made the playoffs.
Russell Wilson has never finished with anywhere near four wins. The guy is a machine at winning football games despite the fact that his offensive weapons are all rancid and he has played behind a patchwork abomination of an offensive line for the last seven seasons. Seahawks defense is pretty awful these days too.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FYI - current list of QBs that are or could be available:

Fitzpatrick (Miami drafting 3rd)
Ryan (ATL drafting 4th)
Wentz
Carr
Wilson
Prescott
Garoppolo
Darnold
Minshew

If you want quality, it's really only 5 to choose from, and even they are a risk to fail:

Least risky
1)Wilson
2) Carr
3) Prescott
4) Ryan
5) Wentz
Most risky

To play it safe, it's really only between Wilson and Carr, and there is a drop off to Carr.

Anyone else is going to come in with some issues.

Other than Prescott, but he may not be available.
I think you're vastly overrating Dak Prescott especially since he wants $40m+ a season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson has never finished with anywhere near four wins. The guy is a machine at winning football games despite the fact that his offensive weapons are all rancid and he has played behind a patchwork abomination of an offensive line for the last seven seasons. Seahawks defense is pretty awful these days too.
Metcalf and Lockett are a top 5 receiving duo in the league and they ran for almost 5 ypc this season.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Guys I think it is important to note he also put Carr ahead of Rodgers. That's possibly the dumbest comment on this message board right now

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think you're vastly overrating Dak Prescott especially since he wants $40m+ a season.
Not really.

Just every one else is that bad.

I don't want Dak.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seahawks D was #1 in points allowed 4 times including the Superbowl year. Only above #15 once In Wilsons career but mostly top 10. Malcom Smith was the Superbowl MVP when they won.