My updated QB wants

Montucky

Liked Posts:
But the point is Watson has done the same thing. Wilson has never led a team that gave up 29 points to the playoffs. Both he and Watson have made the playoffs anytime their teams give up around 24 points or less. So your entire premise that Wilson is better based on this metric is in fact wrong.

So we are left with 2 guys with similar stats and similar ability to lead teams whose Ds give up around 24 points or less to the playoffs. The main difference then is Watson is 7 years younger.
Watson won four games. The Texans weren't even competitive, they were out of the playoff by week six. The one time the Russell Wilson-led Seahawks missed the playoffs was a year they won nine games and finished second in their division.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think PiB was ranking the QBs by how good they are, but by the way at this juncture he would want them to come in as Bears QB.

I actually think that putting those QBs in order of how good they are is really clear cut:

Rodgers
Wilson
Watson
Carr

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think PiB was ranking the QBs by how good they are, but by the way at this juncture he would want them to come in as Bears QB.

I actually think that putting those QBs in order of how good they are is really clear cut:

Rodgers
Wilson
Watson
Carr

Future CCS Hall of Faner

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the Bears could offer the Packers ten years worth of first round selections for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would still reject it. Its such an unrealistic idea I don't see the point in harping on it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the Bears could offer the Packers ten years worth of first round selections for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would still reject it. Its such an unrealistic idea I don't see the point in harping on it.
Who is harping on it?

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
so this is what it's come to. shitting on Russell Wilson to prop up Watson to demigod heights. when Mahomes was anointed the best to ever play the game. and then he got creamed in the Super Bowl. #CCSLogic

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Well, reading that Wilsons frustration is "being hit too much" why the fuck would he or any QB with half a brain want to play for this shitty staff?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson is everything you want in a QB, player, and a leader. 100% I’d want him over Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson won four games. The Texans weren't even competitive, they were out of the playoff by week six. The one time the Russell Wilson-led Seahawks missed the playoffs was a year they won nine games and finished second in their division.

You aren't following along. This year the Texans D was 27th in the NFL at 29 points per game. Wilson has never lead a team that bad at Defense to the playoffs. In fact, the year they missed the playoffs the D gave up 20.8 points. Watson has never missed the playoffs when his D has given up that few points.

You are hyping Wilson never losing 4 games when Wilson has never had an absolute shitty defense like the 2020 Texans. You are also hyping up Wilson winning 9 games when his D gave up 20.8 points when Watson has never won less than 10 games when his D has been that good.

So far in his career if you give Watson a D that gives up 24 or less, he makes the playoffs 100% of the time and wins at least 10 games. By contrast Wilson is currently only at 90% in those situations. So your comparison is bullshit.

46plank

Liked Posts:
You all are kidding yourselves if you think Wilson is coming to Chicago. LOL

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I cannot see any reason at all why somebody would want Deshaun Watson over Russell Wilson.

I would much rather have a 25 yr old Watson than a 32 year old Wilson. Not only that, but head to head,, I think Watson is the better QB. He obviously isn't as accomplished, but I think Watson's ceiling is higher.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of these guys are except maybe Wentz. Welcome to the off-season!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You must be real fun at birthday parties.

Why are you celebrating, you are just that much closer to death?

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I am not boo-hooing Watson. The Bears would be fortunate to have him. But RWill is an absolute stud and proven in all the areas you want. Leader, work ethic, health, mobility, winning. I would love having him over any QB in the league and equally as much as Mahomes. ( which is slightly illogical I know). Carr ranked over Rodgers tho? lol.. Even Rodgers for 4 years is worth Carr for 8. But even so I would not enjoy Rodgers as our QB. As incredible as he is... tough for me to swallow.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wilson on the trading??? Does anyone have a source for this?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I never thought Cutler would be here. I never thought Marshall would be here. I never thought Mack would be here. I would never throw anything out as a possibility bc the fact is we never really know the behind the scene deals being offered.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif
Yep, you just want us to take Wentz off your hands

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah I never even got into how Russell Wilson is built like a brick shithouse and has never missed an NFL down his entire career. Meanwhile Watson has had both his knees rebuilt and wasn't even medically cleared to fly two seasons ago. But yeah, keep prattling on about how age is so importnat.