Myles Garrett?

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Remember when he hit Mason Rudolph with mason’s helmet in a fit of rage and then lied about it saying Rudolph called him the n word? I don’t want them at type of character on the team. I can understand the fit of rage after a play in football, but take ownership over it. Don’t try to ruin the other guys life because you wanted a justifiable excuse for what you did. Hard pass.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Remember when he hit Mason Rudolph with mason’s helmet in a fit of rage and then lied about it saying Rudolph called him the n word? I don’t want them at type of character on the team. I can understand the fit of rage after a play in football, but take ownership over it. Don’t try to ruin the other guys life because you wanted a justifiable excuse for what you did. Hard pass.
Garrett generally comes off as a pretty good dude and pretty mild mannered. I don't really give two shits about that incident as it certainly hasn't been an ongoing trend.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s something Dan Snyder or Woody Johnson would do. You have to build a team with depth. That doesn’t happen when you’re paying 2 DE’s like 55 million.

I think Poles has been trading too many picks lately anyway. Nothing egregious. He’s not throwing around 1sts and 2nds for guys. Buffalo got a 5th for Bates I think. 4th for Allen for 1 year. He traded up to get Booker which actually looks like a great move. Point still stands though. It’s usually shitty poorly ran franchises that try and steal headlines with these splash trades that usually end up not being worth what they gave up in draft capital.

Just so we're clear you know Dan Snyder is no longer an NFL owner

Reactions: DC

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he can be had for a 2nd, are people ok giving up Carolina's 2nd? That will be asked for if Chicago offers a 2nd. A line with Sweat and Garrett on each side would be scary as hell, not to mention when rotations start you can have Garrett or Sweat on the field while one gets a break.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

First off it is the only real blemish on his resume so not sure one incident defines one's character.

2nd, not sure how you concluded he was lying. The NFL said they found no evidence but short of Rudolph confessing or him being mic'ed up they would never find evidence as they were likely the only 2 that could have heard what was said. So unless he admitted he lied, there isn't really enough to prove who told the truth.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If he can be had for a 2nd, are people ok giving up Carolina's 2nd? That will be asked for if Chicago offers a 2nd. A line with Sweat and Garrett on each side would be scary as hell, not to mention when rotations start you can have Garrett or Sweat on the field while one gets a break.
He can't be and if anyone isn't okay with that, they should be shot into the sun

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garrett generally comes off as a pretty good dude and pretty mild mannered. I don't really give two shits about that incident as it certainly hasn't been an ongoing trend.
As a fan of the team, trust when I say Mason was being an ass. Doesn't justify hitting him with a helmet, but there were no innocents on the field that day.

If it were to happen I would definitely want Garrett on my team.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I would absolutely trade 2 1sts for Myles Garrett. He’s one of the most dominant players in the NFL and is under contract (team friendly) through 2026 - it’s a no brainer.

The offensive line has been playing better and Ryan Bates & Larry Borom will be returning from the IR soon. The Bears will still have CAR 2nd and their own to solidify the interior for next season.

The problem is, it might cost more than two first rounders…

alswank87

Liked Posts:
First off it is the only real blemish on his resume so not sure one incident defines one's character.

2nd, not sure how you concluded he was lying. The NFL said they found no evidence but short of Rudolph confessing or him being mic'ed up they would never find evidence as they were likely the only 2 that could have heard what was said. So unless he admitted he lied, there isn't really enough to prove who told the truth.
So, those big mics they hold on the sideline wouldn’t have picked it up? No other players heard it? Nobody from Masons past has come forward saying he uses that word. Mason has probably played football with black peoples his entire life. He didn’t say it.

And yes, taking off a guys helmet who you’re twice as big as and hitting him over the head with it is his only blemish. That’s a pretty big blemish though. If Mason did say the N word, which he didn’t, then Garrett just showed everyone that he can be manipulated into making massive mistakes just by calling him a name. As heinous as using that word is, it’s even more telling about how weak Garrett is mentally. In that case, hard pass.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I would absolutely trade 2 1sts for Myles Garrett. He’s one of the most dominant players in the NFL and is under contract (team friendly) through 2026 - it’s a no brainer.

The offensive line has been playing better and Ryan Bates & Larry Borom will be returning from the IR soon. The Bears will still have CAR 2nd and their own to solidify the interior for next season.

The problem is, it might cost more than two first rounders…
We’ve made this mistake already before. We don’t even know what holes we will have in 2 years, but you want to knee cap our ability to fill them?

Listen, if Rex Grossman was our current QB, I’d be more on board. We want to be a contender for as long as Caleb Williams is playing for us. Trading a bunch of firsts for a player who doesn’t even fill our biggest hole is silly in our situation IMO. We shouldn’t be in the market to make these kinds of moves if we want to contend for the next 10-15 years. If we want a 3 to 4 years window that will slam shut when the players that we can’t replace with high draft picks get a little older, then go for it. I’d rather make cheaper moves and continue to build a good roster with as many assets as possible. A trade like that gives us a player who is a liability in the sense that he will only get worse and we will never get that value back.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Hopefully he learned from it. Either way, I don’t think we need him and I’m not even sure Pace is interested other than kicking the tires. Hell, he might just be raising the price so other teams over pay for him. I’m not sure Detroit would mortgage their future to replace hutch, but maybe they do. They’re probably at their peak right now, so the GM might decide to put all of his cards on the table

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
We’ve made this mistake already before. We don’t even know what holes we will have in 2 years, but you want to knee cap our ability to fill them?

Listen, if Rex Grossman was our current QB, I’d be more on board. We want to be a contender for as long as Caleb Williams is playing for us. Trading a bunch of firsts for a player who doesn’t even fill our biggest hole is silly in our situation IMO. We shouldn’t be in the market to make these kinds of moves if we want to contend for the next 10-15 years. If we want a 3 to 4 years window that will slam shut when the players that we can’t replace with high draft picks get a little older, then go for it. I’d rather make cheaper moves and continue to build a good roster with as many assets as possible. A trade like that gives us a player who is a liability in the sense that he will only get worse and we will never get that value back.
How am I knee capping them from filling holes on the roster? Caleb Williams is on his rookie contract. Now is the time to make a push and it’s unlikely either of those 1sts will be more impactful than Myles Garrett.

The Bears would still be in good shape with draft picks and they could recoup some picks via trade (Nate Davis, Khalil Herbert, VJJ), compensatory (Keenan Allen), or with Ian Cunningham getting a GM job.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

alswank87

Liked Posts:
How am I knee capping them from filling holes on the roster? Caleb Williams is on his rookie contract. Now is the time to make a push and it’s unlikely either of those 1sts will be more impactful than Myles Garrett.

The Bears would still be in good shape with draft picks and they could recoup some picks via trade (Nate Davis, Khalil Herbert, VJJ), compensatory (Keenan Allen), or with Ian Cunningham getting a GM job.
You’re kneecapping the ability to replace those players by taking our two most valuable picks in the next two years and trading them away.

If you draft 2 above average starters with those first rounders at different positions, then it outweighs Garrett’s contributions and that’s without taking the massive cap hit associated with Myles Garrett in mind.

And I hear that argument every time a trade like this is proposed. It doesn’t change the fact that you are dealing your two most valuable picks over the next two years for 1 player. Why not hang onto all of the draft capital and keep drafting players our awesome GM likes? Unlike previous Bears GMs, Pace seems to be good at drafting the first three rounds.

I’ve seen this team trade multiple draft picks for players several times. It didn’t work with Jay Cutler. It didn’t work with Khalil Mack. It won’t work with Myles Garrett.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone that think Garret is going for anything less than two firsts is delusional. Too many interested parties, and the high bidder wins.
But then again, Remy is always delusional..

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Zadarius Smith is the one the Bears would look at. A 4th rounder should be the price. Comes in short term and Bears could draft his replacement in 2025.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
@alswank87 Are you crapping us with the Rex Grossman shit?

Then you think Poles is Pace? Lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, those big mics they hold on the sideline wouldn’t have picked it up? No other players heard it? Nobody from Masons past has come forward saying he uses that word. Mason has probably played football with black peoples his entire life. He didn’t say it.

And yes, taking off a guys helmet who you’re twice as big as and hitting him over the head with it is his only blemish. That’s a pretty big blemish though. If Mason did say the N word, which he didn’t, then Garrett just showed everyone that he can be manipulated into making massive mistakes just by calling him a name. As heinous as using that word is, it’s even more telling about how weak Garrett is mentally. In that case, hard pass.

Myles and Mason were basically head to head on the ground. So entirely possible Mason said something only Garrett could here. So again we dont know.

You are also ignoring context. Mason was pissed after back to back sacks and what he considered a late hit and you can see that he actually tried to rip off Myles helmet first.

After Myles rips his helmet off he has a Steelers OL in his face and Mason decides to charge at him. Myles defends himself but unfortunately has a helmet in his hand.

So yes Myles was wrong here but Mason instigated the conflict when he tried to take Myles helmet off first and escalated it when he charged at Myles while Myles was already engaged by another Steelers player with the helmet in his hand.

Also your premise is dumb. Myles hasnt had another incident so no he didnt show everyone he can be manipulated into making massive mistakes as again this is a one off incident fron years ago amd Myles has never been goaded into something similar.

Last edited:

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah but I think they are showing his dead cap for 25 as only 25m. So given we are already past June 1 of 2024, if he is traded now, the Browns cap hit for this year doesnt change besides the salary the acquiring team assumes and the dead cap would be the 2025 dead cap as any pro-ration for 2024 is already on the 2024 cap.

Spotrac has his dead cap at 36m for 2025 but I think that is because they are calculating it after what they have as his 2025 option bonus triggering 5th day of new league year.
Sportrac is what I use and I just have to rely on it for accuracy.

That being said, if you can take on future cap figures to drive the price down, I would cap my offer at Bears 2nd. The OL needs a youth movement, and so if he can be had for that price, you take it and put those two higher picks on the OL. A penny more is too rich for my blood, because there is a hard cap to how much a better defense will help our QB.

As great as it is to force three and outs, it doesn't do jack if you can't convert a first down after and are punting anyway.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
As interesting as the thought of Garrett lined up on the same line as dexter and Sweat is, this is a fake rumor made up by a troll twitter page fyi