Nagy is scaling back the offensive approach

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The problem is that it continues a pattern that began last season. Fox did not think Trubisky was ready to run the O to start the season. After being pressured to put him in last season, Fox was noted to have "put the restricter plate" on and limited the playbook.

This coincides with him not only making bad throws in games, but bad decisions.

It's a continued pattern of Trubisky seemingly not being able to process things and make decisions at game speed.
I know, it's bad that Mitch isn't a football genius. I think we've suspected that for awhile. That doesn't mean he's a 'mental midget', at least we can't assume that yet.

So that's bad.

What's not bad -- is concentrating down the number of plays. That, in itself, is a good thing, because we're improving the on reality of the situation. Don't you agree this is the wise thing to do based on what we've seen from Mitch, the plays, Nagy and the Offense so far?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Why does this even need to be put out to the public?

Sounds like Nagy covering himself and throwing Trubs under the bus a little

Although I will say you don’t really see Nagy in the article say he’s scaling things back. Mitch implies it but I don’t see anything from Nagy in there about it. So maybe I shouldn’t be going after him.

And Mitch’s whole thing about people liking easier tests. That’s not what he should be saying. He should be saying the exact opposite. You don’t tell the media you’re happy things are being scaled back. You give some canned answer about how you always want to be improving and learning. You definitely don’t imply that you’re content with things being made easier for you. (Or maybe I just misunderstood that exchange. Kind of just skimmed through the article.)
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read Mitch saying he's pleased with less plays.

He can think that, but you don't say that to the media.

Yep, he should have said he is excited to do whatever the coaches want him to do. If they press him about "is Nagy scaling back the number of plays?", he should say, "I'm not going to go into the number of plays. Coaches always makes adjustments. And I'm excited to do whatever he wants me to do."

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read Mitch saying he's pleased with less plays.

He can think that, but you don't say that to the media.

Yep, he should have said he is excited to do whatever the coaches want him to do. If they press him about "is Nagy scaling back the number of plays?", he should say, "I'm not going to go into the number of plays. Coaches always makes adjustments. And I'm excited to do whatever he wants me to do."

Definitely agree with not sharing that with media, especially Chicago media.

If he shows immediate improvement with this change, I take it as a good sign and too much was put on him too soon. Baby steps in his development may be the model that needs to be followed here.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Definitely agree with not sharing that with media, especially Chicago media.

If he shows immediate improvement with this change, I take it as a good sign and too much was put on him too soon. Baby steps in his development may be the model that needs to be followed here.
Ya, I'm not freaked out about Mitch yet. Nagy's offense sure does look pretty exotic so far, doesn't it?

Just cause he likely didn't have the wonderlic score of Fitzpatrick doesn't mean Trub is going to be a failure. Nagy has to play the player he has now, and Nagy is making the right adjustments.

I'm just as happy Trub doesn't have a reason to get a development-blocking ego problem. I hope he stays humble and improves slowly. I don't know that Brady was, or is, a genius, but likely progressed the right way into a great QB.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
I just think it's super impressive that Trubisky overcame his mental disability to become an NFL quarterback. They should make a movie about this shit like when forest gump plays for that football team but stretch that out to 2 hours. Big bucks boys

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, there will be no more waiting. Today we will find out if the offensive scale back improves Trubisky’s play.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
I’ve probably heard a coach talk about scaling it back for a struggling QB a dozen times. Not one fucking time have I seen it make a difference. Hopefully this will be the first time.