Nagy losing his team?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, he's a bad playcaller.

He's also a bad coach. Every player has gotten worse under his watch. I can't even know if we have talent or not on offense because everyone we draft instantly gets worse.

Only thing he's been fantastic at is keeping his players minds in the game and their ego's under control. The bears, at the least, are almost always in a battle. Issue is, if they keep losing he won't even have that to hang his hat on.

What do you do with a coach who can't call plays, doesn't know what scheme he wants to run, mismanages personnel decisions, puts players in the worst position to succeed, and is too stubborn to change?

You fire him.

This board never stops cunting about the HC. A HC who has a record of 25-15.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears suck. Coaches suck. GM sucks. Ownership sucks. / thread

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy should really send fangio a gift basket for that. .500 last year thanks to the defense and likely .500 or worse this year again because of the defense

I know. I don’t think Nagy is good.

Just pointing out the double standard of “cunting”on this board.

msadows has self appointed as the official arbiter of what we can and cannot be positive about.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't see Nagy as a HC with a burning desire to win. Plus he doesn't call plays that take pressure off the OL.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Nagy should really send fangio a gift basket for that. .500 last year thanks to the defense and likely .500 or worse this year again because of the defense

What is the Bears defense and Fangios record before Nagy arrived ? 3 wins 2016 ? 5 wins 2017 ?

We had a magical season in 2018 thanks to the defense but outside of that where is the payoff for having a 100 million dollar defense and dime store offense .

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't see Nagy as a HC with a burning desire to win. Plus he doesn't call plays that take pressure off the OL.

I think he wants to win. I just do not think he has any clue how to call and offense.

Agreed. Nagy doesn't know to make calls based on our offensive talent ( i.e. OL) In terms of winning, I guess I'm from a time when I'd see HC's ( i.e. Ditka) get visibly pissed about losing.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen Foles do this with players as well, though. After Bars gave up his sack, he went to help Foles up. Foles angrily waved him off with his left hand. Bars still tried helping him up, and Foles just completely dismissed him...

PleasingQualifiedDog-size_restricted.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy is like Foles. He needs better talent around him.

Nagy needs ideal talent for his ridiculous offense/play calls to work.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen Foles do this with players as well, though. After Bars gave up his sack, he went to help Foles up. Foles angrily waved him off with his left hand. Bars still tried helping him up, and Foles just completely dismissed him...

I can’t really say I blame him

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

Hell, I would be cussing them the f$&! out for not helping me win. Them and Nagy

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

Nagy doesn’t even know how to create a rhythm. If plays are working, keep going at it. If the defense stops those, then you go to something different

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't remind me.

I haven't bet against the bears in years but I'm very much considering putting a unit on the titans against the spread.

I don't think that the titans are good either, just think its a terrible matchup for us. They are much more physical on both sides of the line. Henry should have a field day

The offensive line maybe. But their defensive line /pass rush hasn't done well at all. 7 sacks all seasons

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What bothers me is that he has plenty of plays in his bag that he could call and sequence to help the current personnel but he insists on trying to outsmart everyone instead of effectively moving the ball and finding a rhythm. When he stalls drives that are rolling along with a slower developing deception play or delayed play call, I could kick my TV. When he finally commits to the run, he seemingly overcommits and then often abandons it. Also, his sets/personnel packages often telegraph plays. The plays themselves are fine this year without as much unnecessary movement as in the past and I'm sure they'd get better fit to the players if we could actually ever build on them with some success but the sequencing and rhythm is horrid.

His mix and cock management has always been poor and I think many here were saying so in his 1st year when he had success. There was a ray of hope that he could change to fit personnel in 2018 when he went back to zone run for Howard for the last few games but that has proven to be wishful conjecture.

As for Nagy losing his team, I think that has a lot to do with his QB who are defacto leaders of the O. If players look more to Foles than the playcaller during games and that relationship gets too strained, it could be a turning point.

Last edited: