NAGY might finally be the guy who gets the park district groundskeeper to change the

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NAGY might finally be the guy who gets the park district groundskeeper to change the field from grass to field turf!

Was listening to the 670 the score on am radio and they were talking about the high paced fast college style chip Kelly offense that NAGY wants to install next season and said that it just won't work probably on grass and also the players hate it and don't like playing on it as well, so NAGY might tell the crooked park district that it's time to contemporize the dirt and turf into the modern scientific and technological age and literally bring soldier field back to the future and finally get artificial state of the art field turf installed.

Can't wait for 2018!

#blessed

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NAGY might finally be the guy who gets the park district groundskeeper to change the field from grass to field turf!

Was listening to the 670 the score on am radio and they were talking about the high paced fast college style chip Kelly offense that NAGY wants to install next season and said that it just won't work probably on grass and also the players hate it and don't like playing on it as well, so NAGY might tell the crooked park district that it's time to contemporize the dirt and turf into the modern scientific and technological age and literally bring soldier field back to the future and finally get artificial state of the art field turf installed.

Can't wait for 2018!

#blessed

Did Donald Trump write this post for you? Lol

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought I recalled hearing park district wanted to do it. McCaskeys don't.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
+100!!!! Our field is worst in NFL, College, and I'm sure a few High schools have better feilds. Its incomprehensible the BS excuses we've been given for keeping it grass.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well since the park district is in control they don’t have to listen to the McCaskeys. Not many people should.

They don't but the McCaskies insisted and brought up injury as the issue, remembering the old domed field we used to have and Frazier ripping his leg off on a seam in NO. It's bullshit when looking at fieldturf. Natural grass is actually costing the park district money. They would switch quickly if the Bears request it.

urlachinator

Liked Posts:
This would be great if it happened. The field has been one of the worst for a long time now.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The bears should pay for it. Not the park district.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
There is some local law preventing the park district from changing away from natural grass. Or there was a law when this came up 20 years ago.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There is some local law preventing the park district from changing away from natural grass. Or there was a law when this came up 20 years ago.

yeah, and there was some law about putting the star wars museum on the lake front from fiends of the park, but they are putting some monstrosity called an obama library on park grounds.

There are good and bad parts to every option, there are many more problems with a defense on grass than an offense on grass. Someone slips and there is a big gain. The offense knows where they are going the defense does not.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If we're literally going to make it be for the future I think it should have trigger spots that shoot flames up and catapults.

If you're suggesting an NFL - BattleBots crossover league, consider me intrigued.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What a great point by Vash. I don't think it's going to be Nagy exclusively, but certainly it is now the time to modernize the Chicago Bears.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well since the park district is in control they don’t have to listen to the McCaskeys. Not many people should.

well then build a new fucking stadium and tell the park district to suck it. GOD i'm so tired of the crappy field. fix it already. :obama:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
well then build a new fucking stadium and tell the park district to suck it. GOD i'm so tired of the crappy field. fix it already. :obama:

Raise taxes for that and even more people will move out of IL.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The union mafia bosses that get the bloated contracts for re sodding the field 2-3 times a year will never allow this.

This is probably the truth right here. Turf would not allow the Park district to replace the sod over and over during the season due to concerts, other venues, etc. It would probably save too much money. I highly doubt that Nagy could do anything about it as well. However, the modernizing idea is interesting if somehow everyone would bite on that.

I just believe that there is too much politics and corruption for this to happen. IMO, I would like to see us get the same turf they have at Lambeau. I've been saying this for years. They always come back and say that grass is better for injuries .... seems like that's working.