Nagy on Parkey: "It was just one of those days"

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It may have been a emotional reaction (and he may have re-evaluated the situation), but he didn't seem happy when it happened.

If you compared Nagy's reaction when he missed the last kick to mine, it would look like Nagy was whispering sweet nothings into Parkey's ear.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if we make the playoffs and Parkey needs to hit a 50 yard field goal to go to the NFC championship game or Superbowl even?

How confident can anyone be in that?

50 yarder? I'd blame Nagy for relying on a 50 yarder. Better to go for it

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
50 yarder? I'd blame Nagy for relying on a 50 yarder. Better to go for it

3 seconds left in the game, trailing the saints by 2 in the NFC championship game and they need a field goal to reach the superbowl or go home. They won't build huge leads in the playoffs. They need another kicker. Period

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
3 seconds left in the game, trailing the saints by 2 in the NFC championship game and they need a field goal to reach the superbowl or go home. They won't build huge leads in the playoffs. They need another kicker. Period

Exactly. I don't think you can cut Parkey, but they could carry two kickers. At least bring some guys in to tryout. There have to be some vets out there.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
@Crayestout
Follow Follow @Crayestout
More
Speaking to #Bears kicker Cody Parkey this week, he doesn't come down to Soldier Field during the week because of the commute issues, Maybe he should re-think it.

Commute issues?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually listened to Parkey's response to a reporter and the son of a bitch actually said "I trust in my lord and savior Jesus Christ that I won't miss"

Bitch, how about you stop relying on deities to make field goals for you. Fuckin bible thumpers.
I guess the Devil made him do it. How about not kicking to the goal line? Dude needs to trust his leg and training and not predetermination.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're right but never mind that tidbit. This guy seems to think Nagy has roster control. That isn't how head coaching works. Pace has the control of the roster and its his blemish to bear on his record. I have no problems praising Pace for what he has done in re-building this team but he royally fucked up the kicker position no matter how you slice it.

Puts a real damper on what was otherwise as close as you get to a perfect offseason.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Several million reasons actually. He's owed a ton of guaranteed money still. He's not getting cut. He needs to figure it out.

Fuck that ownership's "guaranteed money" says someone that doesnt own this franchise.

However, a blatantly great point was made by another here.

They have already invested at least thirty times more on other players on This Team. So the reality is YOU FUCKIN cut the BAD 3.33 % that is contaminating the Whole....but of course you MUST have a Solution Before you attempt the remedy

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
8 points that shit will lose you a game....he has already lost a game...

Santos and Walsh both need to be in the building on Monday for workouts..

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
JsMiNrc.png

Just LOL

Brownie

Liked Posts:
8 points that shit will lose you a game....he has already lost a game...

Santos and Walsh both need to be in the building on Monday for workouts..

EXACTLY! I'm not sure what the answer is as far as options, but this dude has already lost us a game and I won't be shocked when his shook ass does again. What they gonna say when he boinks another and they did nothing about it?

They better send the airport shuttle to his house to bring his ass to Soldier field and practice his art on the off days...