Nagy Postgame Comment About Mitch....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So we have 2 examples. Wow. Can we compare this to how many over / under throws??? I mean seriously I think you guys know I was about as big of a Mitch guy as there was, but come on he was atrocious yesterday. He couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Every stopped clock is right twice a day and I guess those were his 2x a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing.... even "Mitch guys" are turning on him now. He's been THAT BAD. I was all prepared for baby steps and to have lots of patience with the kid. But he's backsliding bad. There is no improvement. For his and our sake I hope he turns it around but for the first time I have doubts that he can.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's the thing.... even "Mitch guys" are turning on him now. He's been THAT BAD. I was all prepared for baby steps and to have lots of patience with the kid. But he's backsliding bad. There is no improvement. For his and our sake I hope he turns it around but for the first time I have doubts that he can.

I am not turning on him. I just refuse to use time and energy this week defending his lack of improvement and play vs the Cardinals.

If you have kids there are times when you go into the school or daycare because they are in trouble and you know they were wrong and you have no defense to give. That is where I am at.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
I've gone from expecting improvement from Trubisky to just hoping for it. The most I can say is that he hasn't let the bad plays pile up. He followed bad stuff up with some good. But I have yet to see him get into a rhythm of any kind this season outside of the first 2 drives in Green Bay. If Trubisky is going to be pedestrian for a time then he just cannot turn the ball over the way he did yesterday. The fumble was embarrassing and so was the tipped screen pass.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He did not. He was brutal.

I have preached patience and time, but lets also not defend things that do not deserve defense.

You preached patience and time all but 1 week ago. I agree he played poorly but you understand that 1 week is not being patient, right?

You’ve also said progress is not linear, so you should very well understand that progress may not be made on a week by week basis.

We are going to have to evaluate this in chunks.... it’s gonna be a long painful season and hopefully things turn around by the 2nd half. However, we are still in the first quarter. I’m upset to see trubisky play like shit but I’m happy they are trying. Much better to huck the ball downfield and fail in a winning effort that it would’ve been to just sink and dunk and give up on it.

It’s going to take time. Like all season long time. Week to week changes aren’t going to happen.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He actually is getting better....

yards per attempt is improving week to week and his completion percentage is remaining consistent

he is tucking and running less each game....

he is also finding the open guy down the field on most every throw...his accuracy needs to improve on these....

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You preached patience and time all but 1 week ago. I agree he played poorly but you understand that 1 week is not being patient, right?

You’ve also said progress is not linear, so you should very well understand that progress may not be made on a week by week basis.

We are going to have to evaluate this in chunks.... it’s gonna be a long painful season and hopefully things turn around by the 2nd half. However, we are still in the first quarter. I’m upset to see trubisky play like shit but I’m happy they are trying. Much better to huck the ball downfield and fail in a winning effort that it would’ve been to just sink and dunk and give up on it.

It’s going to take time. Like all season long time. Week to week changes aren’t going to happen.

QBs need to throw TDs. There has been 0 progress in this department. He is worse in his TD to pass attempt rate then he was last year.
he needs to throw TDs, its as simple as that.. if he cant. he doesn't belong in the NFL.

I was expecting a lot of growing pains with MT this year. I was expecting him to have great flashes and drives and putting up points.. and then a bunch of "rookie" mistakes in there as well.. There is no flashes.. there is no putting up points!

If he cant start throwing TD then he is a bust.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The worst is the throws that aren't even close. Forgot the completion percentage. He is missing badly when he misses. Not even giving his WRs a chance.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think Mitch will be fine. I am not going to attack him and draw conclusions.

But there is not much to defend this week. I know we saw moderate improvement in some of the numbers, but the throws he is missing are really inexcusable for any QB in any part of the developmental process.

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
I think Mitch will be fine. I am not going to attack him and draw conclusions.

But there is not much to defend this week. I know we saw moderate improvement in some of the numbers, but the throws he is missing are really inexcusable for any QB in any part of the developmental process.

Besides the end of the packers game, he's made plays and sustained long drives when needed. That's growth. He'll learn proper technique w fade routes etc. I think they're slowly expanding the playbook until he's fully capable to handle pre snap and coverages. I really like what Nagy is doing

Reactions: 1ke

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
I take the growth in relation to the experience they both have. Mitch only had a handful of starts in college and now about 2 handful of starts in the pro's. Nagy only called plays for about 4/5 game in KC and 3 now with the Bears. They both are very green! Stop with this nonsense they should/need to be at another level. Just like Nagy stated they are both growing together and improving. If this game was played with any other Offense from the fox era, the Bears Defense would be to tired to pull 4 straight turnovers in the second half and dominate on that last drive. Time possession alone is a great benefit of this dual. They might suck in the end but I will not judge them till second half of the season. Rookies in any profession need time to develop.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Mitch clearly needs to get laid. He gets more excited than a 16 year old boy in a strip club. Excitable boy they all said.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I wanted to see Trubisky make some throws down the field. He did and he was God awful! He throws the deep ball like Orton did early in his career. Just chucks it out of bounds.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I take the growth in relation to the experience they both have. Mitch only had a handful of starts in college and now about 2 handful of starts in the pro's. Nagy only called plays for about 4/5 game in KC and 3 now with the Bears. They both are very green! Stop with this nonsense they should/need to be at another level. Just like Nagy stated they are both growing together and improving. If this game was played with any other Offense from the fox era, the Bears Defense would be to tired to pull 4 straight turnovers in the second half and dominate on that last drive. Time possession alone is a great benefit of this dual. They might suck in the end but I will not judge them till second half of the season. Rookies in any profession need time to develop.

The problem is that we are not seeing a lot of growth and improvement.

That sound bite, sounds great, but needs to be coupled with some level of results.

I can say that I am working hard on my diet, and that sounds great, but if I continue to gain weight it is just words.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
The problem is that we are not seeing a lot of growth and improvement.

That sound bite, sounds great, but needs to be coupled with some level of results.

I can say that I am working hard on my diet, and that sounds great, but if I continue to gain weight it is just words.

I agree with you. And lets use your analogy. If your are trying to lose weight, in the beginning when you are figuring things out, you will not see or notice any different. After time of trying what calorie deficit coupled with what amount of cardio/weight lifting works. Then down the road you start to notice see some muscle definition because you lost 30 lbs. But not in a week, month or even half a year. Results take time. But with your example if the Bears are in week 9/10 and they still are stuck with little or no improvement, then words they are. I believe though they both can make small improvements that are not really noticeable that leads up to week 8/9 and we are like how did that happen. Time will tell, but lets give them the time

Reactions: 1ke

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I heard Nagy was so disappointed he held Mitch out of the disco ball dance party.

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is really no defending mitches shit play, but im still wondering what it is about Chicago that doesnt allow us to have a good qb. It is bad coaching, bad drafting or the media and the fans boooing every young qb until his confidence is all but gone? How about we give mitch till half the season to see if there is improvement? Its just a few games. You can probably put down your pitchforks and torches for a couple months?

dawags

Liked Posts:
The beard is pulling his head down and affecting his accuracy.