dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trubisky will get his chance to shine next week against a rough Bucs secondary. You can about guarantee Tampa will score more than 14 points. Let's see if he can get his timing down and do something up the field for once.

Aren't they starting to get healthy in their secondary though? I think B.Grimes comes back this week but don't know what the deal with V.Hargreaves is.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
He's better in the sense that he's taking his licks, getting more reps, getting more experience. He actually started throwing downfield with mild success. At this point, it's all baby steps for Mitch. I still would keep an eye on the offense coming into its own after the bye week. In a way, early struggles might be better for Mitch than early successes. He knows he's playing bad and he has a lot of tape to watch to see what he needs to work on.

This is how I'm looking at his development too. Hopefully, with more and more games he settles down, starts seeing things clearly and gains the confidence to make the right plays. I also think part of his problem in the Red Zone was that he was trying too hard Not to turn the ball over in spots where no one could catch it. I think in time he'll make that window smaller and start putting the ball where it needs to go.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's not all about the passing stats, passing TDs and yards gained through the air. We've got an elite defense that can win games for us. We have in the past, but the offense wasn't able to protect the defense. We are this year. This silver lining is that we're able to sustain drives and now have to rely on Mitch to air it out all game long to win.

Against Green Bay, we controlled the ball for 33:22.
Against Seattle, we controlled the ball for 34:24.
Against Arizona, we controlled the ball for 36:21.

Maybe Mitch doesn't deserve a ton of credit for that but it's not insignificant. He's kept drives alive with his feet while he struggles through figuring everything out in his head. He needs a considerable more amount of time to put all the pieces together. He looks overwhelmed, like he's thinking rather than playing. Hopefully the game slows down for him by midseason and he can be more consistent and accurate with all of his throws.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He's better in the sense that he's taking his licks, getting more reps, getting more experience. He actually started throwing downfield with mild success. At this point, it's all baby steps for Mitch. I still would keep an eye on the offense coming into its own after the bye week. In a way, early struggles might be better for Mitch than early successes. He knows he's playing bad and he has a lot of tape to watch to see what he needs to work on.

Can you name one example of downfield success other than the AR throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Can you name one example of downfield success other than the AR throw

30-yarder to Trey Burton.

The moment he threw it and it started going through the air, I thought to myself, "Crap, this is the exact type of Trubisky pass that is either going to be long or intercepted," and surprisingly, it was right on target to a covered Burton where only he could get it.

Wasn't a 9-route or anything, but still, I was pleasantly surprised.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
30-yarder to Trey Burton.

The moment he threw it and it started going through the air, I thought to myself, "Crap, this is the exact type of Trubisky pass that is either going to be long or intercepted," and surprisingly, it was right on target to a covered Burton where only he could get it.

Wasn't a 9-route or anything, but still, I was pleasantly surprised.

So we have 2 examples. Wow. Can we compare this to how many over / under throws??? I mean seriously I think you guys know I was about as big of a Mitch guy as there was, but come on he was atrocious yesterday. He couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Every stopped clock is right twice a day and I guess those were his 2x a day.

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid's offense is very complex.. Last year he didn't audible, learned to take a snap from under center, and was extremely limited in a remedial offense. He had new receivers and a shit ton of pre snap and post snap responsibility. He's not playing madden.. We finally have a franchise qb that will learn while adjusting to a winning culture. Let the defense carry the team and in after maybe 5-6 weeks, watch the kid take off.. Give him time.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’d much rather take shots down the field and fail in week 3 of the season, than give up on it all together and say it’s not something the bears are going to do.

Why give up on something all together this early in the season? Now is the time to fail at things, especially if you can still come away with a win.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid's offense is very complex.. Last year he didn't audible, learned to take a snap from under center, and was extremely limited in a remedial offense. He had new receivers and a shit ton of pre snap and post snap responsibility. He's not playing madden.. We finally have a franchise qb that will learn while adjusting to a winning culture. Let the defense carry the team and in after maybe 5-6 weeks, watch the kid take off.. Give him time.

You can't say he's a franchise QB just because we took him 2nd overall. He could be, but he's very far away from that point right now. And usually, franchise QBs look the part in some ways right from the jump. At the moment, Mitch looks like Cade McNown 2.0 in some respects.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I thought this was Nagys worst game (as well as trubisky)

Good news is we won
Bad news is Arizona is likely a team picking in the top 5 of next years draft

The game/clock mgmt by nagy was awful and he needs to get this shit figured out quickly as thats twice in 3 games he's looked overwhelmed and indecisive when it comes to that aspect of his job.

We are an equal combination of bad with Nagy and Mitch right now. We don't have the prescribed 5 years for both of them to get better at their jobs. This is so Chicago Bears typical - a good D and a shitty O. The one Trestman year was such an anomaly over the past 50+ years.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Trubisky made the right reads on 3 throws that could have been big plays but he is just missing. He missed on the long pass down the sidelines to Robinson, was short again. He missed the ouchdown to Gabriel (overthrow - no touch). He missed the throw to Robinson down the middle (post) that would have been 6, was thrown behind the receiver. Trubisky is playing with no confidence right now. He needs to start hitting on some touchdowns. He now has 2 out of 3 games without a touchdown pass. His other 2 td passes were short. I just don't know if this is the offense for him. He looked way more comfortable last year and was not no where near as inaccurate last year.

Waetchter

Liked Posts:
We are an equal combination of bad with Nagy and Mitch right now.

Nagy's system gets receivers open. Trubisky misses open receivers by 10 yards. Not sure how it's equal, or what you've been watching.

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
You can't say he's a franchise QB just because we took him 2nd overall. He could be, but he's very far away from that point right now. And usually, franchise QBs look the part in some ways right from the jump. At the moment, Mitch looks like Cade McNown 2.0 in some respects.

The organization gave him that title.. They know better than you and I

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
Do they though? Really? This particular organization???

It's early in the season, but this roster is first in NFCN. So they're definitely doing something right. Trubisky will be fine.. Give the offense time to gel. He just needs to find a rhythm. The offense doesn't have an identity yet and we're still sustaining drives. It's going to look really good the last 2 quarters of the season.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I usually don't like to see early byes but the week 5 bye could be a blessing. We could quite possibly enter the bye at 3-1, giving Nagy, Trubisky and the whole offense 4 good weeks of film to use to get better with.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not have a defense of Trubisky this week.

He was brutal. He continues to miss throws that should be automatic.

I am sure that it will come with time, but I am losing a little faith each week in the entire set up. Nagy telling us that it is going to get better rings a little hollow with me after having 4 coaches in 7 years tell us the same thing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
T call me a homer or ignorant or whatever, but Mitch looked "good enough". Maybe I am emotionally scarred from seeing inept QBs like Todd Collins in the NFC championship game... he could not throw the ball farther than 10 yards..

He did not. He was brutal.

I have preached patience and time, but lets also not defend things that do not deserve defense.