Nagy Ranked 19th Best HC in the NFL (CBS)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh so Nagy made you cheer in 2018. Good for Nagy.
You sound like a child though, you got mad at Nagy for taking the play calling back. So mad, you basically didnt care about the Bears winning any longer. hahahahahahha, you stopped cheering and hoping for a playoff berth because your feels got hurted.
If you had any delusions that Nagy was capable of calling a game to beating the Saints that's on you. I had no such misconceptions.

Oh hey everyone, a bears fan wanting a modern top 20 offense... thats original. New round these parts cowboy? Hey Trestman gave you one, how did that work out? BTW Nagy was top 10 in points in 2018, #9 to be exact. Just saying.

Nagy, as bad as he is, has given Bears fans 2 playoff berths in 3 years.

Oh but he hasnt won a playoff game. Man you sound like a spoiled girl whos mad because daddy bought the wrong color car

You are the perfect Bears fan for the McCaskey's, satisfied with "as bad as he is." If they could clone a bunch of losers without the ability to critically evaluate and so accepting of losing they would never have to worry about firing Nagy. Ted Phillips wants to friend you.

Imagine going to the the playoffs in 6 of 7 years though. Good times for Bengals fans huh. During that same stretch, the Bears made the playoffs one time. Oh what has happened since Marvin and the Bengals parted ways? 25 - 53 and Zero playoffs. It did net them Joe though. Maybe he can turn it around.

So someone finally giving Nagy credit for 2018 I see. Good for you. Yes Nagy led the Bears to the playoffs that year. Who led them to the playoffs last year? Oh yeah thats right, Nagy. 2 of 3 years, I remember now

Or below? No, .500 or above.

So to play math games then. Not only does Nagy get the Bears to the playoffs 66% of the time, he has losing seasons 0% of the time. Yay!!!!! I bet not a single Bengals fan want Marvin Lewis back, he was a loser,just like Nagy is a loser. Only people like you think there is a desirable level of loser at HC. Well you and the McCaskeys.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Soooooo.. the last 3/4 of 2018 and 2019 were anomalies ?
No, those were a combination of 3 things

-Nagy not adapting
-A shit QB
-An overmatched OL

That has always been the reasons the offense sucks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How good were the Bears with Nagy's hand-picked QB Foles?
Fields was his hand picked QB.

Foles was like buying produce at 7-11, it might be an Apple, but it ain’t come from the farmers market. Still a horrendous move.

I want to see what he does with a talented QB he is working with from the ground up.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
If you had any delusions that Nagy was capable of calling a game to beating the Saints that's on you. I had no such misconceptions.

The problem with running messageboard bots is that they like to argue with themselves about details others never touch.

I have not championed his play calling once. If anything, Ive implied it was suspect.

Talk about being Delusional, are you going to start arguing about whether or not he lifts toilet seats next?

All Ive ever said is Nagy as the HC, has lead the Bears to the playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons. Which is Fact...Hahahahahahahahahaha.

You are the perfect Bears fan for the McCaskey's, satisfied with "as bad as he is." If they could clone a bunch of losers without the ability to critically evaluate and so accepting of losing they would never have to worry about firing Nagy. Ted Phillips wants to friend you.

Once again, the problem with running messageboard bots is that they like to argue with themselves about details others never touch

Critically evaluate? Well I didnt get into my #17 ranking, which I guess is technically an evaluation of some sort. So let me do that now. Instead of breaking down every coach like I cared, I lazily took their list and said to myself, well Nagy is 5-1 against Zimmer, lets bump him back. oh Rhule is only 1 year in and has only produced losing, yeah lets move him back. So thats how I got to #17 from #19. I dont even remember whos 2-16

Also, I have not once said I was satisfied.

Once again, talk about being delusional. As an owner, Id want the angry delusional fan, we can sell them hope and theyll eat that up. Got that Fields jersey yet? Their anger will always keep them 100% involved in the dialog and interested too

All Ive ever said is Nagy as the HC, has lead the Bears to the playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I bet not a single Bengals fan want Marvin Lewis back, he was a loser,just like Nagy is a loser. Only people like you think there is a desirable level of loser at HC. Well you and the McCaskeys.

You are special special huh. You can assume all youd like. Until you take a poll including every single Bengals fan, you wont have a true answer to whether they would want Lewis back or not.

Fact is, He led them to the playoffs 7 Times and had a run of 6 in 7 years. During that run, the winnable Bears made the playoffs once. Fact is, the Bengals are 25 - 53 with ZERO playoffs in the 5 years hes been gone. Talk about being losers. However the losing netted them Joe Burrow and ppl say hes the second coming of something. So I guess that means he'll turn the Bengals around right??

Remember the Andy Reid was a loser narrative until he won the SB. Where is Andy on that list now? #1????hahahaha. Marv Levy is a loser too, but ended up in the HOF somehow. All I know is Marvin Lewis Made millions and millions coaching a childrens game to adults. Not only did he win in life, he crushed it. A bot wouldnt know that though. Sheep thought

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Foles was like buying produce at 7-11, it might be an Apple, but it ain’t come from the farmers market. Still a horrendous move.

I want to see what he does with a talented QB he is working with from the ground up.
Sadly, Foles was also hand-picked by Nagy.

Or course the talent level is quite different, but the truth is that Nagy thought he could do something offensively with Foles. There was no reason to rush the signing if Nagy wasn't completely behind the Foles pick.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Hand picked? LOL

It was down to Fields, Mac Jones, or banking his career on Andy fucking Dalton.

That's like saying he hand picked breathing vs dying in a fire or by being buried up to his neck and attacked by fire ants.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Hand picked? LOL

It was down to Fields, Mac Jones, or banking his career on Andy fucking Dalton.

That's like saying he hand picked breathing vs dying in a fire or by being buried up to his neck and attacked by fire ants.
I agree it wasn’t hand picked as there were only two more QB options left to pick from in the first round. However, I also agree it was handpicked because Nagy/Pace did what they had to trade up and get their remaining guy. We also knew Nagy has been scouting Fields for a couple years and loved him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I agree it wasn’t hand picked as there were only two more QB options left to pick from in the first round. However, I also agree it was handpicked because Nagy/Pace did what they had to trade up and get their remaining guy. We also knew Nagy has been scouting Fields for a couple years and loved him.
They trade up for him, so the did want him, sure, but only after having D Watson took himself off their hand picked list, and Russell Wilson become unavailable from that list and after all other potential game changing rookie QBs being picked before the Bears could afford anyone off that list as well. Put it simply, It was Fields or the unemployment line in 6 onths Not a hard choice.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, those were a combination of 3 things

-Nagy not adapting
-A shit QB
-An overmatched OL

That has always been the reasons the offense sucks.
Right, Rashaad Coward was a mess. You can also throw in game management and personnel decisions which would fall right on his fat bald head.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lazor did do a better job of hiding Trubisky.
You can call it what you want. Fact is the offense was 13 PPG better, more balanced, and had more yardage in every single game sans 1 than 7 of the 10 called by Nagy, while Trubisky's passer rating was 15 points better with Lazor vs with Nagy for the season.

The majority, near entirety, of the blame for the Bears shitty offense the last 3 seasons is with Nagy. That was laid bare by the stark contrast in results of Lazor vs Nagy as the playcaller. Not shocking why he was so reluctant to give it up and inexplicably premature in snatching it back.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Well said and I agree. I hope that Fields allure will attract more coaching candidates than remove ones that would want to move on from him. My crystal ball says Fields comes in mid season and really starts to impress late, buying Nagy an ill advised extension that retards his ultimate development until Nagy is gone. Pace to me is a little tougher call, he seems to be growing a bit into the job, but allowing him a 3rd HC hire if Nagy should prove to be his second failure will be a hard sell.
Pace growing into his job really makes no sense to me. IMHO him doing a few things right is more around 'even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day' then him actually getting it. It's almost like the bar is so low. I think a big part of the Fields excitement is that it was being measured against a massive trade up to get Mac Jones. People started to assume the worst and when that didn't happen all of a sudden he's doing a 'good job'?

In 6 seasons as the GM he largely been responsible for the draft over that time, was the chief decision maker in hiring John Fox and now Matt Nagy and has a 42-54 record (44%) with two playoff losses to show. Just being objective, that's terrible.

Let me use an example to prove my point. You all hate the Lions and think they are a horrible team, right? Well, check this out:

Pace (2015-2020) = 42-54 (44%) with 2 playoff losses
Lions (2015-2020) = 39-56-1 (41%) with 1 playoff loss

So, your GM has been only a small bit better than the Detroit Lions over his entire stay in Chicago. I'd add, the Lions were 11-5 the season before Pace (2014), so I'm actually cherry picking to make the Bears look better AND I quickly looked and you DO NOT want me to compare Pace vs. the Vikings or Packers over the same time line.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As I said growing into the job, his first three drafts were near train wrecks, the last 3, I would call above average. Same thing with the overall record, he inherited a talent depleted roster and did very little the first few years to improve it. The last 3 seasons the Bears are 28-20 despite Nagy's inability to develop a single player on offfense.

My biggest concern is his ability to evaluate coaching hires and unless I am wrong, the Bears will be making one following this season or maybe next. Not sure I want him making that call. His cap management has also been for shit, he has like $40M in ghost void years coming due soon due to his effort to kick the cap hit can down the road.

And the Fields excitement is that 2-3 months before the draft he was gone somewhere between 2-6. CBS Sports had him going 2, NBC Sports 2, Daniel Jeremiah had him at 4 , Athlon Sports 6. He was never within the Bears reach until the "last in first out" and " one read" type shit started.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
As I said growing into the job, his first three drafts were near train wrecks, the last 3, I would call above average. Same thing with the overall record, he inherited a talent depleted roster and did very little the first few years to improve it. The last 3 seasons the Bears are 28-20 despite Nagy's inability to develop a single player on offfense.

My biggest concern is his ability to evaluate coaching hires and unless I am wrong, the Bears will be making one following this season or maybe next. Not sure I want him making that call. His cap management has also been for shit, he has like $40M in ghost void years coming due soon due to his effort to kick the sap hit can down the road.

Still confused with the 'growing into his job' logic. Was he hired as a 'developmental GM'?

Now that he's sorta figured out the drafting maybe in 3-5 years he'll be better at cap management and then 3-5 years after that he'll know how to hire a coach.

This is an NFL team and with millions of people interested there are only 32 GM jobs. If he's not already a fully competent GM then replace him with someone who is.

As for Nagy that's on Pace's hands. He choose him, so if you want a culture of accountability then Pace is accountable for Nagy's results.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Still confused with the 'growing into his job' logic. Was he hired as a 'developmental GM'?

Now that he's sorta figured out the drafting maybe in 3-5 years he'll be better at cap management and then 3-5 years after that he'll know how to hire a coach.

This is an NFL team and with millions of people interested there are only 32 GM jobs. If he's not already a fully competent GM then replace him with someone who is.

As for Nagy that's on Pace's hands. He choose him, so if you want a culture of accountability then Pace is accountable for Nagy's results.
Doubt he was hired as such, but if they decide to part ways with Nagy after this season are you, as team president, looking at what the GM did 6 years ago, or the last 2-3 years? I am not saying I would retain him, but he has gotten better at the job than he was when he started. Just like Philly didn't look at what Pederson did as a HC 3 seasons ago when evaluating whether or not to move on from him.

With regard to the 32 GM's, at any given time half of the GM's are performing substandardly. I would propose that the benchmark for doing a good job at GM is being in the top 10 at that job.

The Bears are ranked 11th in wins since 2018, that's why it isn't so cut and dried with Pace. Some argue the same for Nagy, I can't get past the fact that the offense has been 21st in points during the same tenure. Do you fire an, in recent history, fringe top 10 by record GM, if his second HC choice needs to go? I lean yes because of the nature of GMs being tied to their coaching hires, but it is an interesting argument.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Doubt he was hired as such, but if they decide to part ways with Nagy after this season are you, as team president, looking at what the GM did 6 years ago, or the last 2-3 years? I am not saying I would retain him, but he has gotten better at the job than he was when he started. Just like Philly didn't look at what Pederson did as a HC 3 seasons ago when evaluating whether or not to move on from him.

With regard to the 32 GM's, at any given time half of the GM's are performing substandardly. I would propose that the benchmark for doing a good job at GM is being in the top 10 at that job.

The Bears are ranked 11th in wins since 2018, that's why it isn't so cut and dried with Pace. Some argue the same for Nagy, I can't get past the fact that the offense has been 21st in points during the same tenure. Do you fire an, in recent history, fringe top 10 by record GM, if his second HC choice needs to go? I lean yes because of the nature of GMs being tied to their coaching hires, but it is an interesting argument.
Pace is not good. You can cherry pick whatever stats you want. At the end of the day he's been given way more latitude then he's earned and still has noticeable gaps (hiring coaches, cap management, etc...).

BTW, saying Nagy's performance is bad while ignoring that Pace brought him doesn't work. Pace hired Nagy to be an extension of his vision, no different than he did the polar opposite coach in John Fox.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
the offense has been 21st in points during the same tenure.

Same old Bears.

You know Since 1990 the Bears have only had 5 teams with Offenses in the TOP 10 for points. Since the AFL/NFL merger in 1966, up until 1990, they only had 4. So that makes a total of 9 seasons with top 10 points since the AFL/NFL merger in 1966. Absolutely Amazing!!

Out of the 9, Nagy has one. The Bears were #9 in 2018. If he gets to two, hes going to separate himself and push up the Bears all time modern HC list.

Since the merger, only six Bears Head Coaches have had Offenses with Top Ten points for

Ditka - 4
Nagy - 1
Trestman - 1
Smith - 1
Wannstedt - 1
Dooley - 1

Last edited: