Nashville Introducing even stricter ticket policies (Keep the Red Out II)

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Luckily none of us are capital fans. Would hate to be arrested because I socked a Preds fan for mouthing off at us, especially when I'm supposed to be coaching a youth team the next day.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
LOL

Seriously its true. I was going to go in my Hawks jersey at the time, but I was advised against it. They mentioned that any opposing teams' sweaters aren't welcome, regardless if they are the opponent of the night or not.

I saw a guy in a Stars jersey and another guy in a Leafs jersey getting their asses kicked.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wait.. this is a problem in Nashville? I always got the impression from road trip reports on here that they were a good place to go to and generally hospitable other than all the shitty country music?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've heard Nashville is very hipstered up these days

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
With so many of those secondhand ticket market companies out there like Stubhub and Gold Coast Tickets, I don't know how any team is going to do something like this successfully.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
With so many of those secondhand ticket market companies out there like Stubhub and Gold Coast Tickets, I don't know how any team is going to do something like this successfully.

It's not even really the second hand guys you have to worry about it's this bullshit.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/

The Official Ticket Exchange of the NHL®

Didn't McDickfuck get caught a couple of years ago reselling large quantities of tickets on the resale market? Essentially inflating the prices of his own tickets?

R K

Liked Posts:
watching the game IN Nashville on TV the other night, the best record in the NHL, the lower bowl looked 1/4 empty. Guess what, find some fans and you won't have to worry about other fans coming in droves to the games.

Assinine policy. And I disagree CL they have potential to be a great hockey city.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
With the Cubs.

That's right, but I thought he had tried the same think with the hawks. Or held back tickets to dump on the exchange late or something. meh... ancient history.

R K

Liked Posts:
That's right, but I thought he had tried the same think with the hawks. Or held back tickets to dump on the exchange late or something. meh... ancient history.

First he made it so that if you wanted Winter Classic tickets at Wrigley you needed to have season tickets. That's when a majority of brokers bought a ton of Season Tickets. Then he hire Chris Waner from ticket shafter to teach them how to scalp already sold tickets. IE Click Tix and minimum pricing.

Mcasshole is no dummy.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Assinine policy. And I disagree CL they have potential to be a great hockey city.

I believe they do as well. The fanbase just needs to get larger and the marketing needs better work. The "Get out the Red" campaign they do is one of those failing issues.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I mean...I don't think it is as big of a deal as everyone is trying to make it out to be. Also, I don't think it is aimed at the "keep Blackhawks fans out" as much as it is meant to get Nashville fans to buy tickets. It is a pretty smart marketing ploy because you have to think of it from the Preds side. They are going to sell this game out. They are going to rally the Nashville fans to buy tickets to "keep the red out". They are going to get their fans fired up and the rivalry going. It really isn't that big of a deal or something to freak out at. If a Blackhawks fan wants to go to the Predators game in Nashville, it can still very easily be done.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I mean...I don't think it is as big of a deal as everyone is trying to make it out to be. Also, I don't think it is aimed at the "keep Blackhawks fans out" as much as it is meant to get Nashville fans to buy tickets. It is a pretty smart marketing ploy because you have to think of it from the Preds side. They are going to sell this game out. They are going to rally the Nashville fans to buy tickets to "keep the red out". They are going to get their fans fired up and the rivalry going. It really isn't that big of a deal or something to freak out at. If a Blackhawks fan wants to go to the Predators game in Nashville, it can still very easily be done.
Except if it was about getting them to buy tickets, and not keeping the blackhawks fans out, they could run the same promo and not consciously try to keep blackhawks fans out. They could run a promo with the keep the read out and give people deals who buy from the right addresses instead of choosing addresses you won't sell too. Then you still have the secondary market, but you aren't not selling to people. They are fucking idiots.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Except if it was about getting them to buy tickets, and not keeping the blackhawks fans out, they could run the same promo and not consciously try to keep blackhawks fans out. They could run a promo with the keep the read out and give people deals who buy from the right addresses instead of choosing addresses you won't sell too. Then you still have the secondary market, but you aren't not selling to people. They are fucking idiots.

In your example, it would seem that they would make less money by giving "deals" to those that live within the area code. Instead, they are selling these tickets at normal/face value and getting the Nashville fans to buy these tickets and help with the "cause" of keeping the red out. I mean, it is just simple marketing and I don't get why people are so pissed off about something that really doesn't matter that much. At the end of the day, it is marketing and it is helping them sell tickets...seems pretty smart to me.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
In your example, it would seem that they would make less money by giving "deals" to those that live within the area code. Instead, they are selling these tickets at normal/face value and getting the Nashville fans to buy these tickets and help with the "cause" of keeping the red out. I mean, it is just simple marketing and I don't get why people are so pissed off about something that really doesn't matter that much. At the end of the day, it is marketing and it is helping them sell tickets...seems pretty smart to me.
No because you said it yourself. The secondary market is live an well. So people are getting the tickets from them instead of the team itself. And the deal can be anything. It doesn't have to be reduced price it can be free pre-season, it can be a drink voucher. You don't ever want to limit who you can sell to. That's marketing one 101.

"At the end of the day, it is marketing and it is helping them sell tickets"

No it's not. It's limiting their customer base, who then in turn get it from a secondary market. The secondary market is going to buy tickets to resell either way, it's their business so you are sell those to them. Now imagine if you were selling those to the secondary market and their customers. You keep saying it's just simple marketing. No, it's terrible marketing and there is a reason barely anyone else does it. It would make more sense if they were selling out games, then maybe it would be marketing, but since they don't fill their house they are shooting themselves in the foot and being mocked.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
No because you said it yourself. The secondary market is live an well. So people are getting the tickets from them instead of the team itself. And the deal can be anything. It doesn't have to be reduced price it can be free pre-season, it can be a drink voucher. You don't ever want to limit who you can sell to. That's marketing one 101.

"At the end of the day, it is marketing and it is helping them sell tickets"

No it's not. It's limiting their customer base, who then in turn get it from a secondary market. The secondary market is going to buy tickets to resell either way, it's their business so you are sell those to them. Now imagine if you were selling those to the secondary market and their customers. You keep saying it's just simple marketing. No, it's terrible marketing and there is a reason barely anyone else does it. It would make more sense if they were selling out games, then maybe it would be marketing, but since they don't fill their house they are shooting themselves in the foot and being mocked.

Their attendance is at 98.2% capacity and they will sell out for the game versus the Blackhawks. A sell out is a sell out. I'm fine with it and I just think Blackhawks' fans are getting pissed for no reason. Suppose I will just leave it at that.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So just got back from Bridgestone Arena... What a joke of a hockey experience. I had good seats and for the price I paid ($40) I woulda paid triple that at the UC.

That's basically all the good I saw. Everything else about the place sucked. For being a smaller venue then the UC, I thought it would be loud as hell. Instead, I could hear what the guy on the other side of the rink was saying. Quiet, barely any crowd noise, the video board segments were from movies with some BS in regards to the game but made no sense half the time.

The worst part of the whole thing was the asinine chants they did through out the game. These things went for almost a minute and by the time they were done, something else would of happened on the ice to cue the next one. Just sit down at stfu!

To be honest, I felt as if I was at the Allstate watching a more talented Wolves game. So many hack job gimmicks it was ridiculous. Quite a few empty seats in the lower bowl like RK said above. I get that their a non-traditional hockey market, so they do these gimmicks to get the crowd going, but at a certain point, just let people watch the game.

All in all, the game was good, especially since I got to see one of the hottest teams in the league right now and see Ovechkin snipe two dirty top corner shots for $40. The experience? It ain't no UC and I'm shocked they'd want to keep out some real hockey fans due to them not being from the home town.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Their attendance is at 98.2% capacity and they will sell out for the game versus the Blackhawks. A sell out is a sell out. I'm fine with it and I just think Blackhawks' fans are getting pissed for no reason. Suppose I will just leave it at that.
You do understand that 98.4 isnt' out of 100 right? And it still puts them at 17th in the league? There are 13 teams right now at or above 100% Washington is at 111.6% capacity... You don't think it Nashville would like another 13.2% capacity somewhere... We've known for a long time here that tickets sold and butts in seats are two totally different scenarios.

R K

Liked Posts:
You do understand that 98.4 isnt' out of 100 right? And it still puts them at 17th in the league? There are 13 teams right now at or above 100% Washington is at 111.6% capacity... You don't think it Nashville would like another 13.2% capacity somewhere... We've known for a long time here that tickets sold and butts in seats are two totally different scenarios.

Last couple of games I've watched the Lower Bowl has been missing a LOT of seats. We all know how creative teams can be with attendance when they want to be. NO way are they at 98%.